• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I also used to think that Kairi was a princess because of the KH1 cutscene in Hollow Bastion but now I think that the castle was more of a community center that allowed people in. Of course I imagined some areas were restricted like the basement.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah I agree the library was probably open to the public or maybe Kairi's grandmother worked at the Castle which is why she and Kairi could go there.

Also seeing Kairi is the adopted daughter of the mayor of Destiny Islands, I guess she kinda is a type of "princess".

I honestly really want a KH game to flesh out her past, but I highly doubt we'd get that.

Noivern

Awards
Kinda makes me wonder how Namine's power over memories could serve in battle. Power over the memories of people who bonded with Sora...it's a pretty big power to just be shafted away. I mean...I'm not sure if people want to see Namine in battle, but...she's been identified as a Witch for the longest time. A pretty powerful one at best. Kinda makes me wonder if she has more to her powers than memory? Kinda like how Maleficent has more to her powers than sleep.
She literally knocked down Repliku in CoM, so she definitely could fight, but her power being limited to those connected to Sora is a pretty strong limiter.

That being said, like you mentioned she is a powerful witch. While she only used her powers over memory thus far, I'd say with the right mentor she could grow into one of the most powerful casters in the series like Aqua. She has a heart of pure light like Kairi does (in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed that Naminé is one of the new PoH?) and seemed to be fully in control of her capabilities as a Nobody seeming how she was totally fine with summoning dark portals.

But unfortunately I doubt they would give her that development considering they're just now fleshing out Kairi's character, and we also have Xion to use. They barely developed the three women protagonist we had, can't really expect to get justice done to the fourth, forgotten one.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
She has a heart of pure light like Kairi does
Considering she can use the Corridors of Darkness and seems to suffer from depression I don't think she has a heart of pure light. There's no denying she's a very sweet and selfless girl, but she seems to need to learn to love herself.

Then again Elsa also suffered from depression and ended up being a new Princess of Heart. So maybe depression isn't a form of darkness after all.

Noivern

Awards
Considering she can use the Corridors of Darkness and seems to suffer from depression I don't think she has a heart of pure light. There's no denying she's a very sweet and selfless girl, but she seems to need to learn to love herself.

Then again Elsa also suffered from depression and ended up being a new Princess of Heart. So maybe depression isn't a form of darkness after all.

Having a heart of pure light isn't about being happy. Cinderella struggled through her entire life until she met Prince Charming, Aurora was asleep for most of her life, Jasmine was clearly unhappy with her life in the palace and wanted to break free, and don't even get me started on Ariel and her abusive father. We don't really have any standart for being a PoH asides from being a Disney Mascot, but I suppose what all of them have in common is not loosing track of their hope of finding happiness; aka keeping their light alive, I guess.

Naminé showed all of that multiple times, understanding her place in life but still trying to make do with her situation, and kept her hope alive while also motivating Roxas, Xion and Riku to not loose their own. If anything, she's much more of a Disney Princess-esque character than Kairi, lol.

As for the corridors of darkness, they never really expanded on how they work besides the line Mickey says when Riku fails to summon one after defeating Xemnas first form, but I imagine she can simply summon them freely due to being a Nobody; The difference is that regular use of them corrodes the heart and it's why people use the Org Coats, while Naminé's connection to Kairi's heart of pure Light lets her use them without being affected by the darkness nor needing a coat. At least that's what I got from it, lol.

But maybe once she got her own Heart appart from Kairi she got a regular heart, who knows. They never bothered to explain how Naminé, Roxas and Xion's hearts work compared to "regular" hearts. Much less their powerful connection to the light due to the effect of Kairi and Ventus hearts.

(Roxas whole deal with the Light element is weird too since it's hinted it's due to Ventus heart being left in Sora's body which became his own, but Ventus had a completed heart at that point and not a "fake" PoH heart made of pure light)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Having a heart of pure light isn't about being happy. Cinderella struggled through her entire life until she met Prince Charming, Aurora was asleep for most of her life, Jasmine was clearly unhappy with her life in the palace and wanted to break free, and don't even get me started on Ariel and her abusive father. We don't really have any standart for being a PoH asides from being a Disney Mascot, but I suppose what all of them have in common is not loosing track of their hope of finding happiness; aka keeping their light alive, I guess.

Naminé showed all of that multiple times, understanding her place in life but still trying to make do with her situation, and kept her hope alive while also motivating Roxas, Xion and Riku to not loose their own. If anything, she's much more of a Disney Princess-esque character than Kairi, lol.

As for the corridors of darkness, they never really expanded on how they work besides the line Mickey says when Riku fails to summon one after defeating Xemnas first form, but I imagine she can simply summon them freely due to being a Nobody; The difference is that regular use of them corrodes the heart and it's why people use the Org Coats, while Naminé's connection to Kairi's heart of pure Light lets her use them without being affected by the darkness nor needing a coat. At least that's what I got from it, lol.

But maybe once she got her own Heart appart from Kairi she got a regular heart, who knows. They never bothered to explain how Naminé, Roxas and Xion's hearts work compared to "regular" hearts. Much less their powerful connection to the light due to the effect of Kairi and Ventus hearts.

(Roxas whole deal with the Light element is weird too since it's hinted it's due to Ventus heart being left in Sora's body which became his own, but Ventus had a completed heart at that point and not a "fake" PoH heart made of pure light)
It's true that being a PoH doesn't mean you have to be happy and cheerful all the time. Though I do wonder how a heart of pure light should be understood seeing anger, fear and sadness do seem to be somewhat associated with darkness. Though I guess it's more being consumed by them that's the "darkness" part of it.

You're right that a characteristic across all PoH's seems to be that they kept faith and were kind to others, never blaming others for their misfortune. Namine does seem to fit the bill for most parts, though she seemed to not see herself as worthy of being saved, which was kinda heart breaking to hear.

With Naminé it just feel like she cares deeply for others, but sees no value in herself. It's really sad and hopefully will change now that she's finally free post KH3 and has friends. I just saw her low self esteem and signs of depression as her struggling with her own darkness, but that might just be me reading into things.

I assume that by the end of KH2 probably already at the end of Days, Xion, Roxas and Namine all had hearts of their own, hence why they kept their individuality despite rejoining their original selves. Namine being able to open the CoD could have been because of her Nobody nature or because of darkness in her heart.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Pure hearts are not well shown in this series, as far as I'm concerned. Alice who has a temper, Jasmine who wants to quit her Princess duty, and Elsa...in general are pure hearts of light? (I love all three of those I just named by the way) and yet Mulan who risked her life for her father is not?

As far as Namine being a pure heart goes, well she certainly has a kind and good heart, but she's also done some questionable things in the past too. And she can open CoD's. Hard to say.

disney233

Awards
I like how they've been setting up the box plot for a while now. And now...I'm just thinking, if they didn't have any intention of revealing what's in the box in 3, then why introduce it? I mean... it would've been a better idea to just reveal it AFTER the Xehanot saga, since this box quest Maleficent, Pete, & ......well I don't even KNOW if Xehanort's the one who even WANTS to find the box this whole quest really didn't amount to much in the end. I feel...there were many Union X stuff introduced that...didn't really NEED to be introduced so early. I remember long ago there were many speculations on what's in the box....to this day we still don't know. Or maybe they revealed it on the mobile game, I don't know.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like how they've been setting up the box plot for a while now. And now...I'm just thinking, if they didn't have any intention of revealing what's in the box in 3, then why introduce it? I mean... it would've been a better idea to just reveal it AFTER the Xehanot saga, since this box quest Maleficent, Pete, & ......well I don't even KNOW if Xehanort's the one who even WANTS to find the box this whole quest really didn't amount to much in the end. I feel...there were many Union X stuff introduced that...didn't really NEED to be introduced so early. I remember long ago there were many speculations on what's in the box....to this day we still don't know. Or maybe they revealed it on the mobile game, I don't know.
Well if i remember correctly we were originally going to learn about the contwnt of the box in 3 but not see the MoM, but ultimately we got the opposite

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well if i remember correctly we were originally going to learn about the contwnt of the box in 3 but not see the MoM, but ultimately we got the opposite
This is correct, lol. I can't find the specific interview, but around the time of 2.8's release, Nomura said that "MoM will not appear in KH3. His 'surprise' on the the other hand..."

There were also some early statements about Sora becoming a Master in the game, but (despite regaining his strength, as well as the PoW) it never happened for whatever reason.

Then there was the whole Roxas being "top secret", despite not having an actual role in the game, and barely having any diologue, lol.

Last instance I remember was the time they said they didn't show all the bosses for the Disney Worlds, but ended up showing every single one during the trailers anyway, lol. Even some smaller fights got shown.

disney233

Awards
Last instance I remember was the time they said they didn't show all the bosses for the Disney Worlds, but ended up showing every single one during the trailers anyway, lol. Even some smaller fights got shown.
This.......is what irritates me the most. They didn't show most of them, no. The fact that they showed....EVERY. SINGLE. FINAL BOSS FOR EACH WORLD is what infuriates me to no end.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I really feel like the showing too much is on the Marketing Team though, not really sure how much input Nomura has on what's shown in trailers.

Everything else is on Nomura. I take it, he figured seeing Sora would just disappear at the end and start back up from level one, there was no point in giving Sora that title in KH3. Besides, Sora seems rather indifferent on getting the title.

Considering how late the Roxas comment was made I kind of figure that one just stems from his different view/perspective on the whole thing. Like at that point it should have been obvious just how little impact Roxas was going to have, but his comment seemed like he'd be the 11th hour ranger they'd need to turn the tide

Megavoltage

Awards
Oh, flip, Sora not being a Master yet is how they'll still try to force the idea of him being a weak underdog even after he defeats death itself and returns home. And we'll get plenty more of I WONDER WHAT RIKU IS DOING RIGHT NOW. Fresh new ideas for the next saga.

disney233

Awards
Defeats Gods, Titans, Dragons, Death himself, and two Heartless versions of Death, A Genie, And Legit SATAN himself, while crapping out an entire amusement park from his Keyblade, as well as somehow miraculously calling onto the light to summon a Keyblade surfboard against a giant ball of death, and a Man who's takes cheating Death to a whole new level.

All of that and he's NOT a Keyblade Master. DID I MENTION THE DUDE BASICALLY SELF-TAUGHT HIMSELF TO MASTER THE KEYBLADE.

Sometimes I have to question how powerful Disney characters even are compared to the original ones? In this series, Chernabog, LITERALLY SATAN, gets his ass kicked so easily as if he's a level 1 Shadow, both story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Orrrrr...it's just a troupe for the heroes to fail or have some 'tragic death' isn't it?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Carribean is pretty much the best world in KH3, & it's basically a knock-off of the Disney Infinity PotC playset:

Wannabe AC4? Check.
Open sea naval exploration? Check.
Random pirate ship battles? Check.
Multiple smaller islands to explore? Check.
Grinding on ropes? Check.
Wall running? Well there's wall climbing so kinda check.
End boss battle against the tag team of Kraken & Flying Dutchman? Check. Davy Jones himself isn't fought but that was rectified in DI3.0
Large Port Royal compete with fortress? Check.
Swap between behind the helm & behind the ship camera views? Check.
Tia Dalma's swamp island? Oh wait, KH3 doesn't have that!

Defeats Gods, Titans, Dragons, Death himself, and two Heartless versions of Death, A Genie, And Legit SATAN himself, while crapping out an entire amusement park from his Keyblade, as well as somehow miraculously calling onto the light to summon a Keyblade surfboard against a giant ball of death, and a Man who's takes cheating Death to a whole new level.

All of that and he's NOT a Keyblade Master. DID I MENTION THE DUDE BASICALLY SELF-TAUGHT HIMSELF TO MASTER THE KEYBLADE.

Sometimes I have to question how powerful Disney characters even are compared to the original ones? In this series, Chernabog, LITERALLY SATAN, gets his ass kicked so easily as if he's a level 1 Shadow, both story-wise and gameplay-wise.

Orrrrr...it's just a troupe for the heroes to fail or have some 'tragic death' isn't it?
I'm going with the headcanon that the "my friends are my power" is literal. He hasn't just beaten gods/genies/pirate captains/wielders of a trident that controls the seas/dragons/monstrous beasts, he's befriended gods/genies/pirate captains/dragons/wielders of a trident that controls the seas/monstrous beasts. Also legit Santa himself. He's clearly siphoning their life forces.

But yeah, very annoying just how much of jobbers the Disney villains are, especially those who should be stronger than any mortal man.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
The Carribean is pretty much the best world in KH3, & it's basically a knock-off of the Disney Infinity PotC playset:

Wannabe AC4? Check.
Open sea naval exploration? Check.
Random pirate ship battles? Check.
Multiple smaller islands to explore? Check.
Grinding on ropes? Check.
Wall running? Well there's wall climbing so kinda check.
End boss battle against the tag team of Kraken & Flying Dutchman? Check. Davy Jones himself isn't fought but that was rectified in DI3.0
Large Port Royal compete with fortress? Check.
Swap between behind the helm & behind the ship camera views? Check.
Tia Dalma's swamp island? Oh wait, KH3 doesn't have that!

I'm going with the headcanon that the "my friends are my power" is literal. He hasn't just beaten gods/genies/pirate captains/wielders of a trident that controls the seas/dragons/monstrous beasts, he's befriended gods/genies/pirate captains/dragons/wielders of a trident that controls the seas/monstrous beasts. Also legit Santa himself. He's clearly siphoning their life forces.

But yeah, very annoying just how much of jobbers the Disney villains are, especially those who should be stronger than any mortal man.
The most infuriating Disney villains to me are Chernabog & Jafar. They're legit dieities and yet gameplay wise they're RIDICULOUSLY lackluster, and disappointments. All-powerful beings like them shouldn't be defeated by.....spinning and flailing the keyblade on their face while they do NOTHING. I mean....Ursula felt lackluster too, but compared to those two even SHE put up a decent challenge.

Guernsey

Awards
The most infuriating Disney villains to me are Chernabog & Jafar. They're legit dieities and yet gameplay wise they're RIDICULOUSLY lackluster, and disappointments. All-powerful beings like them shouldn't be defeated by.....spinning and flailing the keyblade on their face while they do NOTHING. I mean....Ursula felt lackluster too, but compared to those two even SHE put up a decent challenge.

Good Point. Sora could barely beat Hades without Hercules help in KH2 but in KH1, he beats him no problem.

disney233

Awards
Good Point. Sora could barely beat Hades without Hercules help in KH2 but in KH1, he beats him no problem.
It's pretty understandable with Hades' situation in KH2, given what Dandelion said. Still...for some reason, it seems underwhelming. But while we're on the topic of Disney villains, another example of lackluster, is the oh so powerful 'Mistress of All Evil' herself.

Maleficent was hyped up to be the big bad in KH1, but when you ACTUALLY fight her...she's BARELY a challenge. Her Dragon form, there's no debate that she's a challenge, but her regular form...she has Magic...and the best thing she can do is summon easily avoidable meteors, summon heartless, and summon electricity? I mean...if Final Fantasy was in the mix in this game, it would've been a nice idea to let her cast some powerful Final Fantasy spells...perhaps even DQ spells (But I'm getting ahead of myself there.)

Back