• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate (OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate - Trial Run (OOC)

Break is over! BREAK IS OVER!

Alright, lets get down to business guys. Let me know if there was anything wrong with my post.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Break is over! BREAK IS OVER!

Alright, lets get down to business guys. Let me know if there was anything wrong with my post.
After reading your post, I have to admit I hadn't even considered the possibility of a character embracing the darkness at the outset (which was stupid on my part, given the source material). I think that's fine, let's see where it goes--BUT, I need to make clear, no character can actually escape the islands before the Night of Fate scenario is completed for everyone (i.e. after we've gone thru the selection process). So make sure Gavin sticks around and interacts in some fashion with the events on the island, rather than just disappearing into the darkness. I realize I gave a bad example with Seth, who does just that; but Seth is more of a plot point at this time than a participating character, so hopefully no one will follow his example.

As for the post itself, it looks fine, but I am a bit confused at points--Gavin seems to be acting in his own private world, so it's unclear who he's referring to when he talks about "their conversation" or the girl who "possessed a strong heart and sense of justice" or even the islanders he addresses near the end. Is this ambiguity intentional? Is there a way you could connect him more concretely with the other events/characters on the island?

I've fallen into the same rut. Probably have too much to think about. It wouldn't be so much if I didn't have to worry about post quality; but seeing as my one post would pretty much determine my character's longevity in this RP, I don't think I can bare to work under that sort of pressure... not on something that I just do for fun anyways. I apologize if it seems like I've strung along. I can't commit to this. Not right now anyways. If there's a chance to jump in at a later point, I may most certainly do that with a better mindset for a character.
I understand. And I should have been clearer, to point out that it wasn't just one introductory post that would determine if your character stayed or left. But like you say, it's for fun, so there's no sense getting bent out of shape just to post. Hopefully we'll see you on a later roleplay!

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

I don't think I'm cut out for this. I just entered roleplays to waste free time and practice my writing skills.
You can do that here too... it's not a competition, just an alternative way to start a roleplay. But in any case, the roleplay is closed to new entrants at this point. Related to that, can someone tell me how to change the tag on this thread to "Closed"?

Kazem

Oh sweet jeebus, I forgot to actually post that last night. If it wasn't for auto-saves, I'd be a very, very unhappy camper. But it's there, in all of its nonexistent glory.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

"A signal! There was definitely a call for a signal!"
I love this line.

Great to see all the posts so far! I hope anyone who hasn’t posted since the invasion of the Heartless gets a chance to post over the weekend. I understand a week irl can be busy, so make use of whatever chance you get.

In any case, as long as your character’s still going, keep posting! The more we can see of your writing, the more we’ll know about where this story is going.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

I'm in the middle of a post, which I hope to have up sometime over the weekend; probably sometime Sunday night or maybe sometime Monday morning or afternoon; although I'm really hoping for Sunday night.

Von83194

Awards

Wasn't sure if I wanted to post anything else, but if he's gonna die, I thought I should give his story some closure. This way I feel like it'll be at least a somewhat happy ending for him.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

I'm in the middle of a post, which I hope to have up sometime over the weekend; probably sometime Sunday night or maybe sometime Monday morning or afternoon; although I'm really hoping for Sunday night.
Looking forward to it.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to post anything else, but if he's gonna die, I thought I should give his story some closure. This way I feel like it'll be at least a somewhat happy ending for him.
Morbid, but sensible. (Players don't have to do this; I'll give you a bit of a heads up, so you can provide your characters with some closure, not just "Ready, Set, Die!")

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

Posted, not too sure how the ending of Mana's turned out.

Also, I know it may be a little bit confusing here and there (the Raphael parts); but it should get cleared up with Dream's next post; which she'll hopefully have up tonight. Or sometime tomorrow.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

Middle of a post, should have it up in just a bit. *glances at the length, then sighs* And as usual, the words ran away from me. Wouldn't have happened if I'd gotten a couple of posts up so I could break things up, but you know. Life got in the way.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Great! Looks like we just have Ordeith and Omnichaos who haven't posted. I'll send both of them PMs, and hopefully we can get the next part of this RP up by Wednesday!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

Apologies for the prolonged silence, everybody. A rushed, hasty, sloppy post has been made!

Hidden said:
It is highly unlikely that there are legendary sorcerers, world-traveling adventurers, or veterans of ancient keyblade wars hiding among them. Most if not all of these people are ignorant even of the existence of other worlds.

I'd also like to mention that this rule, discussed with Hidden, does not apply to Mr. Seyward.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

I'd also like to mention that this rule, discussed with Hidden, does not apply to Mr. Seyward.
I will confirm that I have given Mr. Seyward permission to be awesome beyond normal bounds. He (Ordeith) is also co-managing this roleplay with me.

I have enough to go on, so I'll be posting the next "stage" either tomorrow or Friday. I'll also be sending each of you a PM to let you know where your characters stand in the roleplay (waiting for Ordeith's feedback on that). In the meantime, if you have more to write, do it! Bryant is rallying the troops at his studio on the hill; Leroy, Chizuma, and Kal are fleeing and fighting across the rooftops; Kisara, Raph, and Mana are doing the same thing on the ground; Izzy is taking his stand next to his father; and Gavin is attempting to become one with the darkness. Exciting stuff is happening!

EDIT: I got impatient and posted something ahead of time. It doesn't tell the results of the selection or what the survivors will have to do to escape the islands, but it's a snapshot of the islands as they continue to disappear. You can respond to that as you like before the next post. I'll still send out PMs and all the rest when everything's ready.

ps The Heartless I describe in the post are, respectively, Neoshadows, Large Bodies, and Air Soldiers. Feel free to add your own as well, though let's not escalate to a Darkside just yet.

pps The little girl is a (kind of) new character

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

Finally put up a new post, I tried to be as clear as possible where I was lacking explanations and specifics in my previous posts. I made it an incentive to aid the little girl.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards

Won't be able to post until Sunday afternoon/night CST at earliest.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Finally put up a new post, I tried to be as clear as possible where I was lacking explanations and specifics in my previous posts. I made it an incentive to aid the little girl.
Cool, good to see your post! I notice you ran into (or over) a large body on your way to the boat.

As for the girl, she's another experiment I'm trying. She's a "tag-along" character, i.e. while she is with Gavin, you can effectively "powerplay" or decide what happens to her. So you don't need to wait for her answer to Gavin's offer of help; whether she stays under the boat or goes with Gavin is, at this point, up to you. The only restriction I would place on that is, while she is in Gavin's company, try not to let her die. She'll be useful later in the plot.

For some background information, she is Seth's younger sister, her name is Sarah, and she's about eight or nine years old.

EDIT: As I did in this last post, I will occasionally take back control of Sarah's character; in this case, it was to get the action moving. The basic idea still stands though -any character interacting with her can write for her-, and it's Gavin's choice whether to chase her down or deal with this new threat.

Won't be able to post until Sunday afternoon/night CST at earliest.
No problem. I'm hoping to get some feedback from Ordeith soon, but regardless I plan on posting no later than 12 midnight (CST) tonight. The next stage will then be open for at least a week, as per usual.

EDIT: I'm aware I'm a little bit behind my projected deadline, but every roleplayer should have a PM now to guide their character's fate, and I will make a new post within the hour.

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

There's no turning back!

Everyone who’s been selected to continue in this roleplay—get to the vortex.
Everyone else—die trying.

I will leave this final stage of the trial run up until Monday, Oct 28 (or possibly Sunday night, because I'll be going somewhere on Monday). That gives you a week and two weekends to write your characters' diverse fates. I've pointed it out in the PMs, and I'll point it out here, that you don't need to settle all accounts in one gigantic post—spread it out, build up to it, give us some suspense. This is the end, or one possible ending—make it count.

I will be adding other posts as appropriate to keep the action going--for example, for anyone who arrives ahead of schedule at the vortex. I'll be very interested to see how things turn out.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

My intent is to save Seth's sister, as for what happens to Gavin, happens. Ordeith, when your ready to post as Bryant, i'll be more than happy to accommodate your intentions pending on the nature of what you post. I'm not one to really plan anything, but we'll just see what happens. As for Gavin's hand, to clarify what it does, what he touches he can alter the density of, making things lighter and heavier and handled, its not meant to be used for anything practical, but its 1 of a 3 piece armament I worked on for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back