• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate (OOC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Night of Fate - Trial Run (OOC)

After some final exams on Tuesday, I'll be ready for Bryant to aid the situation with some fiery hocus-pocus.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Happy holidays everyone!

I apologize for the long delay, but now that we have a new post and a new year approaching, hopefully we should have time to get this back on track. I should have a post up in the next three days.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

And I should have a post up tonight with any luck. *returns to working on the mentioned post*

EDIT: And, posted. Permissions were given by Hidden for a little plot setup that'll get more details once the Kismet section is finished. *feels like I'm saying that a lot, huh?*

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Sorry, I promised a post by today, and I've almost got it done, but I need to get some sleep. It should be up tomorrow morning / early afternoon. It will be followed shortly by a post by Ordeith, and then I'll put up a concluding post no later than Friday to (finally) take us off Kismet. Should be fun.

EDIT: Nevermind, I posted most of what I have already. I'll come back tomorrow to add one more part for Izzy and Mana on the other side of the Heartless, and that will conclude my posts until the very end of Kismet. Feel free to add in your own characters' actions in the meantime!

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Ordeith has informed me there might be a slight delay in his ability to put up a concluding post; dependent on this, I may wait until Saturday to put up mine. Just a heads-up.

EDIT: I apologize for the continued delay. I will definitely put up a post tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Sorry for the wait. The conclusion of the Kismet story (and really the whole "Night of Fate" scenario) has been posted. Here's where our survivors stand at present:

Izzy and Mana find themselves in Traverse Town.

Bryant, Julian, Kisara, Kal, and Sarah find themselves in Twilight Town.

In addition, Izzy, Kisara, and Kal have all had their shadows taken from them. The physical evidence (i.e. not having a shadow) should be pretty obvious, but an additional side-effect they will discover is that it will be much harder, and much more exhausting, for them to use their keyblades for the time being. This will be alleviated as they become accustomed to not having their shadows, but at the beginning it will probably be difficult. Contact me if you have any questions, but otherwise post and have fun!

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Kazem already put up a great post, but I just want to make sure we're clear that no one needs to wait for an introductory post from me or Ordeith to start the new chapter. Your characters are either in Twilight Town or Traverse Town, presumably with whomever they traveled through the portal with, but feel free to explore some on your own. I'll probably put up a post by the end of this week at the latest, but hopefully sooner.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Five posts in a row--I'm going for a record.

Just a heads up, I'll be out of town for the next 10 days and may not have good access to the forums. I'm going to do my best to keep my word and have a post up in the roleplay tomorrow morning, but regardless any and all characters are free to post and start exploring the new world(s) they find themselves in. Have fun.

EDIT: Posted.

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Sorry, off the forums for two weeks, just came back online today... nobody's posted (minus Eternal Dream and Skitty Cat, but they had posted before I disappeared).

This is an interest check. I'd be more than happy to keep things rolling, but only if others want to keep it going too. If we've run out of steam after the initial escape from the islands, that's fine. If we want to expand the story from there, even better.

Also, this is my sixth straight post (third double post?) on the OC thread.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards

And now, I'm breaking your double posting spree! I'm still game, you kidding? I've got ideas that go on for quite a few worlds. And I think Skitty's the same way, I can't ask her at the moment because she's sleeping. So, as long as the others want to continue, I say lets keep things going. Although, maybe we should open things up again? See if some new people are interested, maybe?

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com

Thanks Eternal Dream and Skitty Cat, I'm glad to get your opinions on the role-play. It looks like I'll need to send out a few PMs to other members to see if they're still interested or not.

As far as reopening the role-play to new players, I hadn't thought of that before. Seeing as we started this role-play with a trial run, do you have any suggestions for how we might do that?

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful

You could invite people in, I know kingdomkeylight showed interest into it; and you could always see about editing the title to take out the "trail run" part and flip the closed back to open to see if it gets people to wander into the rp.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Grand Re-Opening!

The Night of Fate roleplay is now (Re)Open.
Active roleplayers are myself, Skitty Cat, and Eternal Dream. Pretty small cast. So this is an invitation to anyone who has read a bit of the roleplay and thinks it would be fun to join!

You will also notice the roleplay is off its "Trial Run" status. That ended with the escape from Kismet. This change simply means that from now on the plot will be going full-steam, and any continuing or new roleplayers will be (assumed to be) permanent.

The Story So Far. Kismet, the small island world where we started our journey, is no more. A cataclysmic storm swallowed up the islands, and with it came the Darkness. Thousands of hearts were lost. The few survivors are scattered on one of two unknown worlds: Bryant Seyward, Julian, Kisara, Kal, and Sarah find themselves in Twilight Town, while Izzy and Kisara's younger sister, Mana are stranded in Traverse Town. They haven't gotten their bearings yet, and they don't know what awaits them on these strange new worlds. It's an ideal place to introduce new elements and new players into the plot.

Here's how it will work. Roleplayers interested in joining can either create a new character who is a resident of Traverse or Twilight Town, or they can "adopt" an existing character whose roleplayer is no longer active in the thread. That includes pretty much everyone listed above except for Kisara and Mana, who are played by Eternal Dream and Skitty Cat respectively. For reasons of plot, I will be taking over Ordeith's character, Bryant Seyward, but if anyone is interested in adopting the character Izzy (who I originally adopted from Von83194) that's open. Any returning roleplayers are of course free (and encouraged!) to reprise their roles, but it's on a first come, first serve basis.

You will notice there are no character templates . This will be true for new characters as well. (Reason? I don't like reading character templates.) If you want to create a new character for the roleplay, just make sure they fit into the world of the roleplay and introduce them through their actions in the plot. My only request is that you try to honor the spirit of 'character-building': don't start off with a super-soldier with a long history of battles and carnage already behind him. Give your character the opportunity to grow within the roleplay. If you want to adopt an already-existing character in the roleplay, my request is that you carefully read through all of their posts and only take on the role if you feel you understand the character and can continue to develop him or her. Beyond that, it's all up to you.

Feel free to post here if you have questions, suggestions, or comments; but if you're interested in joining the roleplay, you can post directly in the RP thread without posting here first. I plan to have a new post up as Bryant Seyward by this weekend. I really want to keep this story going, so I hope more people will get involved and help us build it!

We now return to the scheduled roleplay already in progress.

Last edited:

Javelin434

Awards
I'm really tempted to throw my hat into this [if you don't mind], but I gotta think of a 'previous save point' for my primary OC so I can fit the requirements of character development within the RP. It will take some time for me to think it out and find a niche to squeeze into, but... Yeah, I'm declaring my interest in joining this RP and in turn, breaking the ice on being a more active member here on KHI.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Hey Javelin, welcome to the RP and it's cool that you're showing interest. I'm not sure if the rules have changed; but last thing I knew on what Hidden was saying is that there's no need for templates so just jump into the RP with your opening post whenever you're reading. Like the synopsis gives, the two parties are split up between Twilight Town and Traverse Town; and the RP seems to be a make your history up as you go, so it's a really newbie friendly RP.

Sorry if I overstepped my bounds Hidden. ^^;;

Javelin434

Awards
Ok, so... A keyblade super-soldier/defender [Main OC] is out of the question, so I guess my only option left is to nerf him so he's just a keyblade defender. xD

what would be considered an acceptable training level restriction that I need to adopt in order to fit into this roleplay?

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Try an average kid with some fight experience but not soldier class. XD Hidden's already assigned Keyblades to characters, so I'm not sure the Keyblade defender would work. You could ask him, but like I said, I'm not sure.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm glad other members are keeping better track of my OOC thread than I am!

I already responded to Javelin via PM, but I'll put a general note here since I didn't really address it in the last post:

For reasons of plot, I'd rather keep the keybladers down to the three we saw escape from Kismet: Kisara (Eternal Dream), Kal (unclaimed), and Izzy (currently me, but available to other roleplayers). If you want to use a keyblade, I'd first urge you to consider 'adopting' one of the two unclaimed keyblade wielders, Kal and Izzy. If you really want your own OC to have a keyblade, talk to me.

Beyond that, Skitty Cat and Eternal Dream both gave excellent advice for creating your own character for this roleplay. If you have any further questions, leave a post here or PM me!

EDIT: Javelin just gave me the excellent idea of including a brief character synopsis so that new players know who they're jumping in with. Of course, if you're introducing a new character of your own, they will have to learn who these people are the old-fashioned way, by interacting with them. But this could still be a helpful review. Please feel free to correct me where I make mistakes:

Bryant Seyward: An old painter living quietly on Kismet for the last ten years. When the Heartless attacked, he revealed a hitherto unknown power, and a mysterious title that none on Kismet had ever heard spoken--Steward Brandt. (Note: This character is overpowered for reasons of plot.)

Julian Santagar: A skilled blacksmith and craftsman who lives alone on the main island of Kismet. He lost his good friend Theros Augur on the night the Heartless came, but helped Bryant and three of the children escape the islands.

Kisara: A young, thrill-seeking girl who used to catch the waves off of Kismet's beaches. Under attack from the Heartless, she discovered a mysterious keyblade that appeared as if from nowhere; then, even more shocking, her own body turned from its human form into a white-furred lioness in defense of her life. She lost her closest friend Raph and was separated from her younger sister Mana in the chaos of the storm.

Kal: A 17-year old scavenger and survivor of the islands. Kal also received the keyblade, but his heart is not like the others--it has been stained with the darkness. As such, his connection with the keyblade is tenuous. He has not yet awoken from his battles on the island.

Izzy: A fisherman who has spent the last ten years plying his trade and caring for his disabled father. On the night the Heartless attacked, he gained the keyblade, but lost everything else. He attempted to rescue Mana, and now the two find themselves in the mysterious new world of Traverse Town.

Mana: Younger sister to Kisara, Mana is a hyperactive young girl who is friends with almost everyone she knows, even the island's pariah, a strange girl named Snowdrop. When the Heartless came, Mana was separated from her friends and sister and only barely escaped the islands with Izzy. Though obviously affected by the trauma, she is still holding up in her strange new surroundings.

Sarah: An eight-year old who has passed through the nightmare of what happened on Kismet. She doesn't speak much, but seems to have formed a connection with old Bryant Seyward. She lost her older brother Seth on the islands.

And that's everybody! You'll notice none of these characters are soldiers or wizards or really anyone of note (the one exception being Bryant Seyward, again for reasons of plot). I like this because it gives more room to develop characters within the story. So as you create your own characters, just think of whom you might reasonably find in Traverse Town or Twilight Town--most of those people are just regular folks who got caught up in something bigger than themselves. Build your characters from there.

Remember, no templates--just post directly in the RP thread when you're ready to go!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back