• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Newb!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buxie

Hello KH Faithfuls!

I'm starting a Kingdom Hearts game for the first time and I had a few questions. :) I'm not afraid of spoilers, but please keep them as minimal as possible, if possible! I'm familliar with the Final Fantasy series and how those games can sometimes have consequences depending on which choices you make early on. At the very beginning of Kingdom Hearts, there are some options to be made such as what matters to you most. Then there are the duels on the island against Riku, and the race through the 'obstacle course' for a chance to share a Paopu Fruit with Kairi (which, on losing, is apparently supposed to have been a joke). So my first (of many, I'm sure! :p) question is, do I worry about beating Riku at a few duels and winning the race, or does it not matter in the long run?

And if so, any hints on how to do either one would be great. I'm apparently VERY out of practice with consol games. :D

Able_Beard

Banned
It doesn't matter in the long run..But it does make you feel like a total BA :p. Plus you feel like your good :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Race is the first time around only "important" to name the raft (which will later also become the name of your ship), and with the duels with (you can also spar with Tidus, Wakka and Selphie) you can get a stock of potions (with Riku) and already gain some experience.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's the case with many bosses though...Sephiroth also gets easier once you know his fight pattern, in KH2 even more than in 1.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Not really....most bosses are still hard even after you know their fighting styles.

Riku was easy to beat on the third or fourth try.

valorform24

At the very beginning of the game, at the Station of Awakening, some occurences do affect the rest of the game.

The questions that you were asked and the type of weapon that you took(the sword, shield, and staff),and gave away, do have significance towards the rest of the game though.

The weapon will determine what abilities you get at which level and the questions determine how fast you level-up.

Here is a guide just in case you want it =) Kingdom Hearts/Awakening

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the question tidus wakka and selphie will afect how you level up

Buxie

Oh, fantastic! Thank you all for being welcoming and for the fast responses! Great information. :) Also special thanks for not Newb bashing, lol.

Thank you, ValorForm24 for a link to that guide, that was exactly what I was looking for.

This is bringing me back to my long hours of playing Final Fantasy 8, spending hours on disk one trying to obtain Squall's best weapon before even leaving the starting island. And my hatred of Seipher, who is now Riku in munchkin form (even though I gather the bigger version actually shows up in KH2.) :smile:

So, with the new knowledge I have, I certainly don't want Riku to name MY ship. I restarted my game tonight, and am typing this while going through the beginning 'movies'. Any other hints or tips for a new starter is appreciated! :biggrin:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Oh, fantastic! Thank you all for being welcoming and for the fast responses! Great information. :) Also special thanks for not Newb bashing, lol.

Thank you, ValorForm24 for a link to that guide, that was exactly what I was looking for.

This is bringing me back to my long hours of playing Final Fantasy 8, spending hours on disk one trying to obtain Squall's best weapon before even leaving the starting island. And my hatred of Seipher, who is now Riku in munchkin form (even though I gather the bigger version actually shows up in KH2.) :smile:

So, with the new knowledge I have, I certainly don't want Riku to name MY ship. I restarted my game tonight, and am typing this while going through the beginning 'movies'. Any other hints or tips for a new starter is appreciated! :biggrin:

KH 1: You can literally level up to Level 100 on Destiny Islands by sparring against Wakka, Tidus, Selphie, and Riku. No lie.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

One thing I would say would be to not read too far ahead into the guide. It will certainly take away a lot of the mystery when playing the game. When playing KH2 my friend gave me his copy of the guide and I opened to the last boss page by accident and kinda ruined a lot of the mystery for myself. If your a person who likes collecting all the collectibles they can all be done after the main game has finished (except for one in Halloween town) so theres no fear of missing stuff. Over all though, have a fun with it and get ready to be sucked into the world of KHI

Buxie

Th Key of Destiny, thanks! So note to self, be extra thorough in Halloween Town. I'm avoiding walk throughs and guides as much as possible, and only using them when I get stuck on something (which I'm sure will continue to happen :tongue:), such as last night when I encountered the chest with the candles. I got the idea of breaking the chairs but couldn't figure out how to keep the candles out, and then found it required a blizzard spell which I don't have yet. :redface: At least I was on the right track!

As for staying on the island until level 100, I'm sure it can be done, but I'm definitely not THAT obsessive about it. :tongue: I love the Final Fantasy series (it was great to see some old faces pop up!) and Disney, I want to get out there and see all the CONTENT! :biggrin:

Oy!!! Sorry about the double post. I'm having terrible luck with Cerberus. I've made it past Wonderland and am level 11, so now I'm in the Coliseum. And I hate this boss!!! ...Thing! Fluffy! Whatever it is! Apparently I can jump on him, but can't stay up there on his back long once I start attacking the heads. It's obvious I don't want to be in front of him, and Goofy and Donald are pretty useless besides throwing a potion or two at you during combat. Does anyone have a strategy they like to use? Or tips and tricks? Thanks. I will, in the meantime, abstain from hucking the controller through the television. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back