• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Move

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
I'd be somewhat fine with it. I just can't imagine having to swing the controller around just for Sora move. I'm just not used to it.

I guess I'm with most (at least I think most) of the people here. Give it move support, but don't make it a full on game based on the system. If they do then sure. So long as they don't make me buy a whole new console. Now that'd be evil Dx

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I feel like KH3 would be released with Playstation Move support, but I doubt it will be a Move exclusive game.

I'd imagine Square would like to have traditional controls for those familiar with the series, and Move controls to lure in new players.

I support this answer. Although I might not have much space in my room to do so, and would rather something like that to be saved for the Wii if the game was soley for the Move, there are some poeple out there who might enjoy that feature. That way, you can play it on a normal PS3, but you can also swing motion if you have it in a PS Move. That way, everybody wins!

I would give it a no. But Maybe Mini games in KHIII could be compatible with Move. That would add more fun and a challenge to it :)

^That could work too.^

Last edited:

tacochance

I would give it a no. But Maybe Mini games in KHIII could be compatible with Move. That would add more fun and a challenge to it :)

that might actually make atlantica fun again!
ah screw it nothing can make atlantica fun again... xD

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but today (Christmas) I just got my own PS Move, and I must raise the question again, and more or less restate it:

IF you have the PS Move, and KH3 was Move COMPATIBLE, would you play it as such?

After playing it for a few hours straight, I can honestly say that if KH3 is Move compatible, I would definitely grab the Move wand first before picking up my controller. As long as I have the ability to switch back and forth (which it being COMPATIBLE, it would be) I would be fine with it.

In case you haven't noticed, I pointed out the word COMPATIBLE a lot. That's because I want to get the word COMPATIBLE into peoples heads. So they know I'm saying COMPATIBLE, not REQUIRED.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'd give it a try. I like to fully explore every aspect of the games I buy. If I don't I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
why does everyone automatically assume the entire game would involve move? Not even Wii does that for every game.

Now, I can see move compatibility being applied to *parts* of the game, like *some* spells/abilities, mini-games, and gummi ship segments.

inb4worstpartsofthegame

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
In two words....Hell, no. The series has always prided itself on it's mixture of storytelling and easy control scheme. Making it a Move game would be contradictory to all of it's design principles. Sure, it could introduce some new gameplay oppurtunities, but it would sacrifice all of it's current mechanics to do so. If the game had the option to choose bewteen Move and normal controls, however, that would make for a potential hit. It would be worth looking inot......but only if the developers do not sacrifice what they have already created for the sake of "modernization." Kingdom Hearts is one of the few classics left in the gaming world.....It shouldn't be destroyed by ambition.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
In two words....Hell, no. The series has always prided itself on it's mixture of storytelling and easy control scheme. Making it a Move game would be contradictory to all of it's design principles. Sure, it could introduce some new gameplay oppurtunities, but it would sacrifice all of it's current mechanics to do so. If the game had the option to choose bewteen Move and normal controls, however, that would make for a potential hit. It would be worth looking inot......but only if the developers do not sacrifice what they have already created for the sake of "modernization." Kingdom Hearts is one of the few classics left in the gaming world.....It shouldn't be destroyed by ambition.

Would adding in motion elements necessarily make the game any more difficult to control?

The best way to do it, I think, would be to take even more inspiration from The World Ends With You and link special attacks with specific motions, which can be used when you hold down the trigger. As long as it was accurate enough, it'd be kind of like adding extra shortcuts and trade off frantically scrolling through the menus with a little bit of extra physical effort ("make throwing motion to use Strike Raid," "hold controller above head to cast Thunder," "make pouring motion to use Potion").

"Attack," of course, would remain linked to the conveniently large Move button. ;)

Doing it that way would probably make it easy to choose one method or the other, too -- the non-motion version would just be more like Birth by Sleep.

(Honestly, the camera is the biggest potential issue to me, lol. TWEWY proves that motion RPGs can work.)

Lavender13

i dont think kh should even be motion if it's trying too hard to stick with the button mashing style

yomitchymitch

Shotlocks could be pretty fun with move:)
Compatibility would kick bootie.

But, being a 360 owner, I want a dual release, one for 360 and one for ps3.
Which won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back