• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS middle-grade novel series by Brooke Vitale on hold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AquaDeoxys

Awards
That's unfortunate to hear, but completely understandable given everything going on in the world. I feel bad that the author can't share her work with us yet, but I'm intrigued to find out what this project is all about in the future!

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I didn't even know this existed until now. But now that I'm aware of it, I must say that I'm intrigued and hopefully it actually gets released someday.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The only time I ever remember a Kingdom Hearts project being greenlit without Square Enix's involvement was Kingdom Hearts V-Cast.

I also remember this cancelled Kingdom Hearts project.

Fragmented Keys was so fake dude

Just look at the "concept art"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Isn't that around the time Disney decided to stop making games themselves. So that might have been a factor in it's cancellation, as well as the fact that Chi was being ported to smartphones around then too.

Yeah, I think that definitely factored into the cancellation alongside the fact that Disney probably didn't want to unintentionally tarnish the Kingdom Hearts brand and their relationship with Tetsuya Nomura.

The developer that was assigned to make the game is definitely real and the linked article talks about verifying the legitimacy of the leaker who released the information about the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

While I didn’t believe the concept stuff when I saw it way back when, I’m 100% certain it was real. There was a real developer working on a mobile KH game. And like Alpha Baymax has shown, they have been public about their work on it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
While I didn’t believe the concept stuff when I saw it way back when, I’m 100% certain it was real. There was a real developer working on a mobile KH game. And like Alpha Baymax has shown, they have been public about their work on it.
I find it very very difficult to believe given what we were shown from that game.

The current version of the article cut the identity of the dev they spoke with, who I did look into at the time, finding nothing definitive from his social pages, which I can't even find now.

Furthermore, KH13 also reported on GFL Animation Studios providing the art for the game.
At the time, their official site (a Blogger page) had a section for their work at Disney Interactive (not just Kingdom Hearts). Today, there is no mention on that site of Disney Interactive nor any of those projects. Their pages for Kingdom Hearts, "Epic Disney," and "Thor" are gone. The "Star Wars Cartoon Concept" panel is now renamed "Star Wars Inspired Art 1" and "Star Wars Death Star" to "Star Wars Inspired Art 2."
And these changes were already made by the next Wayback capture in May, only a few months after the article published.
(I've just sent an email to GFL hoping to get an explanation. Fingers crossed.)

Maybe Wideload was working on something.
But I simply cannot bring myself to believe it. It just has that stink to it.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Glad to know that this is still happening, even if it is on hold. I’m curious to see how these books give their take on the KH series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find it very very difficult to believe given what we were shown from that game.

The current version of the article cut the identity of the dev they spoke with, who I did look into at the time, finding nothing definitive from his social pages, which I can't even find now.

Furthermore, KH13 also reported on GFL Animation Studios providing the art for the game.
At the time, their official site (a Blogger page) had a section for their work at Disney Interactive (not just Kingdom Hearts). Today, there is no mention on that site of Disney Interactive nor any of those projects. Their pages for Kingdom Hearts, "Epic Disney," and "Thor" are gone. The "Star Wars Cartoon Concept" panel is now renamed "Star Wars Inspired Art 1" and "Star Wars Death Star" to "Star Wars Inspired Art 2."
And these changes were already made by the next Wayback capture in May, only a few months after the article published.
(I've just sent an email to GFL hoping to get an explanation. Fingers crossed.)

Maybe Wideload was working on something.
But I simply cannot bring myself to believe it. It just has that stink to it.

I don't think those nasty screenshots were real but there was a mobile project at Disney for KH in development. That was all I meant.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I'm sure it's not buried, but I'm feeling some variation of the Streisand effect. I want to know what was in the book.

PrettyGuard

Awards
She’s probably hard at work writing and editing all sorts of things. It’s just Scholastic really that has put things on hold.
If it is, then that's way better news than what I had thought in mind. Pretty much excited about this upcoming project!

Back