• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Releases November 13 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
When does possessed Riku use the Kingdom Key? Ansem doesn't take over Riku until after he loses the Keyblade to Sora in Hollow Bastion.
You're right that he doesn't fully take over, but isn't Riku still "corrupted" when he takes the keyblade back from Sora in Hollow Bastion? Isn't that the whole reason the keyblade chose Sora in the first place?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You're right that he doesn't fully take over, but isn't Riku still "corrupted" when he takes the keyblade back from Sora in Hollow Bastion? Isn't that the whole reason the keyblade chose Sora in the first place?

You're arguing for my original point on that matter now, though.

Which, for clarity's sake, was that a heart can be weakened by the corruption of darkness and lose the power of the Keyblade, in instances.

But, the original original point was that the series has more pointing towards the idea that a person once chosen for the Keyblade should be able to wield any Keyblade. Otherwise Xehanort's been chosen like four times by four separate blades. As has Riku by now.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It was weird that so many things in KH3 went unexplained, like powering up keyblades, Roxas dual-wielding, and Donald having the ability to nuke Xehanort, but honestly? With how abysmal KH3's current cutscene runtime is, I'm glad we didn't have to endure a second more of characters explaining things so other characters could grunt, moan, whine, and look left and right

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You're arguing for my original point on that matter now, though.

Which, for clarity's sake, was that a heart can be weakened by the corruption of darkness and lose the power of the Keyblade, in instances.

But, the original original point was that the series has more pointing towards the idea that a person once chosen for the Keyblade should be able to wield any Keyblade. Otherwise Xehanort's been chosen like four times by four separate blades. As has Riku by now.
Yes, I think anyone that has been chosen by the keyblade can wield any keyblade. Granted, we've seen ordinary people wield keyblades (like Leon and Jack Sparrow) although the extent of the "wielding" is questionable as it seemed to go right back to Sora (whether Sora controlled this or not is unknown).

I guess if it's your keyblade, you can call it back, even if another wielder is in possession of it (like Sora did against Riku or Sora vs. Roxas)... but again, these are all questionable moments.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes, I think anyone that has been chosen by the keyblade can wield any keyblade. Granted, we've seen ordinary people wield keyblades (like Leon and Jack Sparrow) although the extent of the "wielding" is questionable as it seemed to go right back to Sora (whether Sora controlled this or not is unknown).

I guess if it's your keyblade, you can call it back, even if another wielder is in possession of it (like Sora did against Riku or Sora vs. Roxas)... but again, these are all questionable moments.
The scene with Leon, is prettyclearthat Sora didn't intentionally summon it back to himself.

The scene also kind of implied that knocking the wielder out is ine of the only ways to really seperate Keyblade and wielder.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
>PS5 releases November 12
>Melody of Memory releases November 13

Chaser's wallet:

1-Empty-Wallet.jpg

Awards
So...uh...the fact that the next game is already being developed, and that Nomura's aiming for 2022 made me remember that Project Oath rumor.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG! I Just saw that they're taking songs from the orchestra tour! I NEED THEM TO INCLUDE "OVERTURE TO THE DECISIVE BATTLE"!

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
They don't have other Keyblades, though. Sora uses keychains to change his Keyblade's form, but people only ever really have one Keyblade. One of the only other people besides Mickey to have access to two different Keyblades has been Aqua with her own Keyblade and Master's Defender, but Kingdom Key D and Master's Defender are unique Keyblades.

Riku left his broken Keyblade behind. He didn't want to take it with him since he didn't need it anymore. I'm sure they could have fused it with Braveheart (wherever the hell it came from lol) but Riku left it for Replica Riku.

Plus in Aqua's case, the only time she's been using Master's Defender is because she didn't have access to Rainfall at the time. Once she returned to the Realm of Light, she probably only kept using Master's Defender out of respect for Eraqus until he could finally rest peacefully after Xehanort's defeat.

Riku definitely could've taken it with him, but I think it breaking was also a sign to him that he's outgrown the symbolism behind that Keyblade, that going forward, he'll need something stronger to protect the things that matter. He's no longer someone struggling to find his own path, he's now a Master that's strong enough to defend others. Which is actually really cool that he gives it to Replica Riku, because RR reminds him of his old self and would probably need it the most.

I still find it weird that Riku decided to leave it behind, like he was certain that a new keyblade would just choose him and that intime for the fight with Xehanort.
The fact that Aqua in her most corrupted state was able to wield Mickey's Keyblade in the Dark Realm kind of proves that you don't need to be approved for every separate Keyblade.

Yep, that's what I think too. Once you're qualified, you're not going to lose your ability to wield a Keyblade unless your heart experiences severe damage like Ven's in the beginning of BBS. Far as we know, one huge requirement is that you have to have a strong heart, so it'd be extremely unusual for a Keyblade wielder's heart to get weaker to the point of losing the ability. I'd imagine that a wielder would have to be in deep despair to the point of questioning their own strength (like where Aqua was sorta headed in 0.2) for that to happen. But even then, Anti-Aqua was using Mickey's Keyblade just fine, although corrupted =/= weak. So it's iffy.

And I mean this is the third Keyblade Riku's had. Kingdom Key was originally his, then Way to Dawn. Fourth if you want to count the Keyblade of People's Hearts. Keyblades seem to go to anybody who's qualified enough to wield one and has a strong enough heart to manage it, no questions asked. Same goes for just holding one. That's why Sora could use Way to Dawn against Xemnas in KH2 and Riku could use the Kingdom Key in DDD.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Out of curiosity: With this coming out early November, is there any possibility at all the price might get marked down a tiny bit during Black Friday / Cyber Monday? Just asking for anyone out there who might have bought a game that released in November before... If it came down to $40, I'd probably buy it then instead of waiting several months.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Out of curiosity: With this coming out early November, is there any possibility at all the price might get marked down a tiny bit during Black Friday / Cyber Monday? Just asking for anyone out there who might have bought a game that released in November before... If it came down to $40, I'd probably buy it then instead of waiting several months.
Not likely. You can probably get a store based coupon (e.g 10% off any video game) but

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Crap! I just realized another game I’m eying comes out on the same day. Now it’s a choice between a game I’m going to suck at vs. a buggy incomplete game because the publisher is evil.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Crap! I just realized another game I’m eying comes out on the same day. Now it’s a choice between a game I’m going to suck at vs. a buggy incomplete game because the publisher is evil.

I mean...Don’t get any of them? I think you have more power and autonomy than you think.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I mean...Don’t get any of them? I think you have more power and autonomy than you think.
I'm a slave to the establishment and EA can be very convincing. I even got their latest garbage pack for The Sims...

*stares at all your Star Wars ID*

Err...no offense...

On the other hand, I'm a bundle of nerves with rhythm games and I will probably not be able to see the ending...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was on Amazon looking at the price and then the recommended was the All In One Package at $29.99. That kind of made me second guess MoM (I mean I'm gonna get it release day but...), it's just kinda disheartening to know that I can get the entire Dark Seeker Saga for $29.99 which is hundreds of hours of gameplay (and almost all the music in MoM). To convince myself that MoM is worth it, I told myself that the OSTs are expensive, so think of it as buying the music.

Back