• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Releases November 13 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
Power Levels need to be established before a distinction between Master and Not Master can meaningfully be made tbh

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It wouldn’t be unexplained, though. Yen Sid was the one who repaired the Keyblades. KKD and Star Seeker were two blades, one from the darkness and one from the light. I imagine that since they were two separate ones, they can just be fused by somebody experienced with Keyblades like Yen Sid, a beyond powerful former Keyblade master.
But then why don't people fuse other keyblades that they have? Riku could have just fused the broken Way To The Dawn with Braveheart to "power it up".

Cumguardian69

Awards
But then why don't people fuse other keyblades that they have? Riku could have just fused the broken Way To The Dawn with Braveheart to "power it up".
Because we don't know if there is KH math requored to power keys up. We dont yet know for example if Keyblade Levelibg is purely a gameplay mechabic or if there is some basis to it in the lore. We dont know if keuvlases are tempered. We dont knoe if a stronfer heart gives a new key.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They don't have other Keyblades, though. Sora uses keychains to change his Keyblade's form, but people only ever really have one Keyblade. One of the only other people besides Mickey to have access to two different Keyblades has been Aqua with her own Keyblade and Master's Defender, but Kingdom Key D and Master's Defender are unique Keyblades.

Riku left his broken Keyblade behind. He didn't want to take it with him since he didn't need it anymore. I'm sure they could have fused it with Braveheart (wherever the hell it came from lol) but Riku left it for Replica Riku.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Riku left his broken Keyblade behind. He didn't want to take it with him since he didn't need it anymore. I'm sure they could have fused it with Braveheart (wherever the hell it came from lol) but Riku left it for Replica Riku.
I still find it weird that Riku decided to leave it behind, like he was certain that a new keyblade would just choose him and that intime for the fight with Xehanort.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They don't have other Keyblades, though. Sora uses keychains to change his Keyblade's form, but people only ever really have one Keyblade. One of the only other people besides Mickey to have access to two different Keyblades has been Aqua with her own Keyblade and Master's Defender, but Kingdom Key D and Master's Defender are unique Keyblades.

Well Aqua could have fused Rainfell with Master's Defender before the Keyblade Graveyard. Roxas could have fused Oathkeeper and Oblivion at the Moogle Shop in the Keyblade Graveyard to power up.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Aqua could have fused Rainfell with Master's Defender before the Keyblade Graveyard.
Maybe, though why she wouldn't is obvious. And it ended up better for her to have two keyblades in her hammer space.

Roxas could have fused Oathkeeper and Oblivion at the Moogle Shop in the Keyblade Graveyard to power up.
I feel his O±O are not two keyblades, but a Keyblade transformation like Sora's dual wielding of them in KH3.

I kind of wonder, if a wielder can just pick up any keyblade and use it, like if one thinks you're worthy they all do. If so Riku getting a new blade so quickly makes sense.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well Aqua could have fused Rainfell with Master's Defender before the Keyblade Graveyard. Roxas could have fused Oathkeeper and Oblivion at the Moogle Shop in the Keyblade Graveyard to power up.

Why would she, though? She didn’t break her Keyblade. Apparently Keyblades can be powered up (such a weird addition) so it’s not like she couldn’t just do that. It apparently serves a similar purpose anyways. It’s not like Mickey’s new Keyblade does anything special. It’s just two fused together.

And anyways, Master’s Defender was intrinsically tied to Land of Departure. Why would she meddle with it?

Roxas isn’t dual wielding two Keyblades anymore. It’s probably just one split into two. It’s why he held both at the same time in one hand when he was trying to stop Kingdom Hearts from falling to Xehanort’s control.

Nomura broke his lore in KH3. I’m not sure why this is important to break down when it’s clear that Nomura isn’t following his own rules anymore and is just making up new ones on the fly.

I kind of wonder, if a wielder can just pick up any keyblade and use it, like if one thinks you're worthy they all do. If so Riku getting a new blade so quickly makes sense.

Yen Sid likely had it in his closet where he kept Starseeker, the Star Shard, and his badass light powers.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yen Sid likely had it in his closet where he kept Starseeker, the Star Shard, and his badass light powers.
Honestly, that's more believable than Riku being so ultra-special, that he didn't just get chosen by one keyblade, but three of them. Four, if you count him being chosen to deliver Destiny's Embrace to Kairi.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The fact that Aqua in her most corrupted state was able to wield Mickey's Keyblade in the Dark Realm kind of proves that you don't need to be approved for every separate Keyblade.

Cumguardian69

Awards
The fact that Aqua in her most corrupted state was able to wield Mickey's Keyblade in the Dark Realm kind of proves that you don't need to be approved for every separate Keyblade.
Not necessarily, if the Key was not deactivated and the wielder incapacitated, then the key is effectively "lifeless". See the keys in KBG for example. Aqua "in her most corrupted state" wasn't a Darkling, the type of which was stated to have discarded the ability to wield Keyblades in favor of D A R K N E S S.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nomura broke his lore in KH3. I’m not sure why this is important to break down when it’s clear that Nomura isn’t following his own rules anymore and is just making up new ones on the fly.

a2e0e3bf9b7dd2cee13e180e30234d57.gif

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
She was able to wield it because it was "fused" with a keyblade from the Realm of Darkness - Kingdom Key D.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
She was able to wield it because it was "fused" with a keyblade from the Realm of Darkness - Kingdom Key D.

I don't buy that. Kingdom Key D is the only Dark Realm Keyblade we know of, other "dark" characters have weilded Keyblades from the realm of light, but that's beside the point. If Keyblade bearers have to be chosen for every individual Keyblade they've ever picked up, then Riku would have had to been chosen for the Way to the Dawn, the Braveheart, Destiny's Embrace AND Roxas's Oblivion.

Seem like bridges too far for a more simple explanation

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't buy that. Kingdom Key D is the only Dark Realm Keyblade we know of, other "dark" characters have weilded Keyblades from the realm of light, but that's beside the point. If Keyblade bearers have to be chosen for every individual Keyblade they've ever picked up, then Riku would have had to been chosen for the Way to the Dawn, the Braveheart, Destiny's Embrace AND Roxas's Oblivion.

Seem like bridges too far for a more simple explanation
I was just mentioning it because you were making a point out of Aqua being able to wield Mickey's keyblade in her "most corrupted state". It could be that it doesn't matter what "state" you're in, once you're a keyblade wielder you can use any (like Possessed Riku in KH1 using Kingdom Key).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
could be that it doesn't matter what "state" you're in, once you're a keyblade wielder you can use any (like Possessed Riku in KH1 using Kingdom Key).

When does possessed Riku use the Kingdom Key? Ansem doesn't take over Riku until after he loses the Keyblade to Sora in Hollow Bastion.

Awards
When does possessed Riku use the Kingdom Key? Ansem doesn't take over Riku until after he loses the Keyblade to Sora in Hollow Bastion.
Right on the money. Possessed Riku never wielded it.

Speaking of Riku, I got into an argument with a guy earlier in the day who was flat out convinced Riku was a worthless loser who loses control of the darkness and willingly becomes a pawn to "Darkness/Ansem/bad guy of the new game" in every game cuz of a desire for power.

Chie

Awards
A shockingly huge amount of people are incredibly confident with just making shit up on the fly about [insert subject here, but often video games/other media] and fully believing it. Everything I like has this kind of crazy misinformation about it

Back