• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Releases November 13 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I really hope all these fan aspirations that Kairi's about to takeover the series are as unlikely as the FF characters coming back. I'm barely in this for the original characters anymore as it is. Forcing me to play as random new characters I don't care about in the side game streak of the Dark Seeker saga was bad enough. Making me play as Kairi in multiple games would probably be what it takes for me to finally dump this series.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Making me play as Kairi in multiple games would probably be what it takes for me to finally dump this series.
Can I please ask why? Keep in mind the following facts:

•KH has been boiled down to OC donutsteel melodrama since CoM.
• FF was practically erased from the series since 2.
•We've swapped from Sora to other characters in a major way in R/R, Days, BBS, DDD, and 0.2.
•Sora himself (and the SDG OG trio) had been mindbroken since DDD, and was falsely given the Keyblade Jesus title in Blank Points.

So why would a playable-at-length Kairi be what does you in? And why *now*?

Chie

Awards
If you're in Kingdom Hearts for Disney, I'm not sure what to tell you.

E: Like, I've wanted to play as Kairi, one of the (nominally) main characters of the series, since I was a little kid playing Kingdom Hearts 1. Giving her her own story isn't a radical crazy change, it's the obvious thing to do since the very beginning. If you just want Sora doing Disney filler every game, um, you can wait for the next "numbered" game I guess, because if "playing as kairi" is too much for you, anything else at all will be too.

Last edited:

Xagzan

Awards
I mean, if you're already barely in it for the characters, I'm not sure why switching among them should make much difference to you.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm optimistic about her development. I mean Riku got a lot of his development in a "card game" and Days, a game where the pacing is monotonous (but for a reason) and most of it was the RAX show (which is what's supposed to happen). KH2, he was hiding most of the time until the end because of grief. It's really only because of DDD that Riku finally came into his own, and that's why I like to see DDD as a "Riku game" as much as it can be argued that BBS is an "Aqua game".

Kingdom Hearts isn't a series where it's predictable in where Nomura decides to carry out character arcs. It can happen wherever he sees fit, and honestly, Melody of Memory might be it hopefully. While combat would be fun, it's not the only way to tell a story. In many ways, her role is the most important. If they're kicking off the next saga with a Kairi game? I think it's safe to say that she's going to be a much bigger presence this time. Maybe even the protagonist.

Elysium

Awards
I mean, if you're already barely in it for the characters, I'm not sure why switching among them should make much difference to you.
I guess I should re-phrase that I don't get much out of the majority of the cast outside of 3-5 characters. And then Kairi's my least favorite of the roster. I don't really want to play as any of the others, much less her. I could handle one game of her, but having the blandest character suddenly taking over the series? No thanks. But maybe it'll be a good thing, because KH transforming into FFXV leftovers already irked me. And then here comes PIXAR, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. What a trainwreck.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Can I please ask why? Keep in mind the following facts:

•KH has been boiled down to OC donutsteel melodrama since CoM.
• FF was practically erased from the series since 2.
•We've swapped from Sora to other characters in a major way in R/R, Days, BBS, DDD, and 0.2.
•Sora himself (and the SDG OG trio) had been mindbroken since DDD, and was falsely given the Keyblade Jesus title in Blank Points.

So why would a playable-at-length Kairi be what does you in? And why *now*?

It's possible that all of these things made Tartarus lose interest, and MoM just might be the straw that broke the camel's back. I guess since KH3 was the end of the Dark Seeker saga, most people find it easy to hop off here.

It's clear that the series isn't what it used to be, but I also never felt like KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 was its peak, either. In my opinion, UX has the best writing to date, and this is post-KH3 material. ReMind's scenario was a retread, but it had a lot of elements that fans loved, and in a lot of ways felt like a love letter to KH2. Dark Road so far might be in the beginning stages, but the lore we're getting, as well as how Xehanort and Eraqus interact with their classmates is fascinating. People give DDD a lot of shit, but as time goes on, it's clear that DDD is going to be a game that makes way more sense as the story unfolds. And KH3 is my favorite title to date, other people hate it, so to each their own.

No matter how you slice it though, some things just aren't for everybody, and it's better they come to grips with it now instead of torturing themselves with something they don't even like anymore. I don't agree with anyone saying the series is going downhill, BUT I understand and respect their opinion.

Last edited:

Elysium

Awards
It's possible that all of these things made Tartarus lose interest, and MoM just might be the straw that broke the camel's back. I guess since KH3 was the end of the Dark Seeker saga, most people find it easy to hop off here.

It's clear that the series isn't what it used to be, but I also never felt like KH1 -> CoM -> KH2 was its peak, either. In my opinion, UX has the best writing to date, and this is post-KH3 material. ReMind's scenario was a retread, but it had a lot of elements that fans loved, and in a lot of ways felt like a love letter to KH2. Dark Road so far might be in the beginning stages, but the lore we're getting, as well as how Xehanort and Eraqus interact with their classmates is fascinating. People give DDD a lot of shit, but as time goes on, it's clear that DDD is going to be a game that makes way more sense as the story unfolds. And KH3 is my favorite title to date, other people hate it, so to each their own.

No matter how you slice it though, some things just aren't for everybody, and it's better they come to grips with it now instead of torturing themselves with something they don't even like anymore. I don't agree with the series going downhill, BUT I understand and respect their opinion.
I actually did like 3D and 3 though. They were mostly a return to form for me. I mean, I'd long given up that they would ever reach the heights of 1 and CoM again, but at least it was at / above KH2-level. Them getting lost in the weeds again with several Kairi games would just be anticlimatic after that.

SuperNova

Awards
Kairi getting a more relevant role should have happened far sooner, the damage control they did for her in Re:Mind was too little too late. Her taking over the series is really beyond the realm of realistic when we have Sora AND Riku in the drivers seat. Realistically, Kairi will at least get more screentime going forward, but the lack of screentime up to this point can't be undone so fast.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I guess I understand where y'all are coming from. A mix of series burn-out, bad form from the OC melodrama, and so on. It's just, Nomura and friends won't kill her off (which is my preferred treatment for her and her other clones) so I'd be grateful if they featured Kairi as a powerhouse and reasonably (as far as KH can go with reason, I guess) got her at least a few rungs below Aqua, let alone the current Masters we have in the lineup.

If the Kairi bits feature her as some demure freaking damsel again, or worse if her particular involvement portion of the MoM story is insignificant in scope, action, and length...yeah I'd be pissed. But we still have to wait and see what actualyl happens.

2 quid is good

Awards
If you're in Kingdom Hearts for Disney, I'm not sure what to tell you.
HivWOD4.gif

Hearing this after the amount of times I've heard people say "How can you be a fan of Kingdom Hearts if you don't like the Disney?" does bring a smile to my face.

Violet Pluto

Awards
It's really only because of DDD that Riku finally came into his own, and that's why I like to see DDD as a "Riku game" as much as it can be argued that BBS is an "Aqua game".
Wait, there are people who don't think that DDD is Riku's game or that BBS isn't Aqua's? I'm legitimately asking this.

Xagzan

Awards
I guess I should re-phrase that I don't get much out of the majority of the cast outside of 3-5 characters. And then Kairi's my least favorite of the roster. I don't really want to play as any of the others, much less her. I could handle one game of her, but having the blandest character suddenly taking over the series? No thanks. But maybe it'll be a good thing, because KH transforming into FFXV leftovers already irked me. And then here comes PIXAR, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. What a trainwreck.

Yeeeaaahhh, I'm gonna be the reverse position. We've played as Sora a billion times and will unquestionably return to him in the future, and I also don't relish the idea of even more Riku focus after playing through his same character arc for years and years. A bit of fresh blood is what I need to keep my interest at this time, and Kairi would provide that while also being someone familiar, so it's the best of worlds.

Elysium

Awards
Well, that's fine if you think playing as cardboard will be more fun than SDG. Everyone has a right to their own opinions--I'm just praying it doesn't actually come to fruition myself. As much as we all b*tch about Nomura's writing, sometimes I think this series would be so much worse if the fans had complete control.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Well, that's fine if you think playing as cardboard will be more fun than SDG.
Cardboard at least pretends to be deep, where SDG fumble throughout Disney worlds and never concretely learn anything. Actually, if you think about it, DG (and Mickey) have a metaphorical gun to Sora's head and tell him to keep smiling so as to power their Gummi Ship. Oof. Sora tried to be pseudo-deep in KH1, KH2, AND KH3 and they all told him to keep doing what he's doing lmao

Xagzan

Awards
Well, that's fine if you think playing as cardboard will be more fun than SDG. Everyone has a right to their own opinions--I'm just praying it doesn't actually come to fruition myself. As much as we all b*tch about Nomura's writing, sometimes I think this series would be so much worse if the fans had complete control.

"She's never had her character fleshed out therefore it should never be fleshed out."

Ok

There is pleeeeeenty of potential if they ever cared to explore it.

Back