• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Releases November 13 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

A new trailer for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory has been revealed during today's Nintendo Direct Mini. Fans can play Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on November 13th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch consoles.

The official box illustration drawn by Tetsuya Nomura has also been revealed. The art shares similarities to the package art for KINGDOM HEARTS All-in-One Package. Instead of Sora, Kairi sits on the throne surrounded by a light background instead of darkness.

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory Box Art

In KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory, a whole host of familiar Disney friends, foes and adventures await. Players will experience the magic of musical exploration by traversing through worlds packed with rhythm-action challenges as they collect and master over 140 songs from the KINGDOM HEARTS series along the way.

Whether alone, or with friends and family via local co-op and online multiplayer, players will need to defeat tough enemies and bosses to achieve the top ranks. Through three different play styles, gamers of all ages can choose their level of challenge depending on whether they want to enjoy the songs and adventure without complicated controls, or showcase their skills with complex combos to put on the ultimate performance.

Pre-orders are available starting today from the SQUARE ENIX store, the Nintendo eShopMicrosoft Store and other select retailers. PlayStation Store pre-orders will start soon. Those who purchase for the PlayStation 4 system from the PlayStation store for a limited time by December 31st, 2020 will also receive the KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory theme.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Sources:
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - Official English Site
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - Official Japanese Site
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - Nintendo Switch Site
KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory - Xbox One Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Chie

Awards
Reposting:

Love that box art, kind of annoyed that they're just putting old cutscenes in this game because what kingdom hearts REALLY needs in the next arc is even MORE recap of the previous arc

This makes me think that the "video" icons on the world map footage will just be unlocking cutscenes you've already seen and so the plot element of this game will be quite small (and thus probably just more remind-style miscellaneous "explanatory" scenes and a bit of teasing). Hopefully not the case but ):

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh look, it was a Nintendo Direct that got news & not State of Play/TGS :)

Reposting:

Love that box art, kind of annoyed that they're just putting old cutscenes in this game because what kingdom hearts REALLY needs in the next arc is even MORE recap of the previous arc

This makes me think that the "video" icons on the world map footage will just be unlocking cutscenes you've already seen and so the plot element of this game will be quite small (and thus probably just more remind-style miscellaneous "explanatory" scenes and a bit of teasing). Hopefully not the case but ):
They're probably just the Memory Dive stages minus the gameplay, a harmless bonus feature they could throw in.

the red monster

Awards
Reposting:

I think it's mostly for switch players who are gonna be new to the series.

Chie

Awards
If you were new to the series why would you start with a rhythm game, even if that rhythm game wasn't the 11th entry in a continuous story?

If you just want to watch the cutscenes of the other games, the Nintendo Switch also has a youtube feature...

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That boxart of Kairi on her throne is so beautiful! I may want that as my next avatar. Now that they have shown my playable RAX there is no excuse for me to not play this game. I wonder if you can play whoever you want whenever you want when you unlock a character. They showed Sora, Donald, and Goofy in a segment that would better fit TAV. If so I am making a crazy trio team after I've had my RAX fill!

Violet Pluto

Awards
You know, I was like "Be ready to be surprised, after all the last trailers always come when you are off guard." Ironically that meant that I was on guard all of the time. Until now. Is it my fault that the info came this late?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think it's mostly for switch players who are gonna be new to the series.
I can think of a few better ways to accomplish that....
hAaSDewhEkPMuID-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Some additional info: apparently the official JP KH Twitter says there’s another trailer coming within the next several days. Can anyone translate this to confirm?
Well it is rumored there'll be a bigger Nintendo Direct on the 28th. & Gamescom's this weekend.

ivaannom

Awards
Some additional info: apparently the official JP KH Twitter says there’s another trailer coming within the next several days. Can anyone translate this to confirm?

"Good evening, the release date has been announced suddenly so taking this opportunity, this is the Key Art of 'Melody of Memory'. The final trailer is scheduled to be released within the next couple of days, wait a bit more@Nomura"

It's likely going to be released in the gamescom

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Seeing "Let it Go" being a song here because it's in the game is no surprise. But it's too bad other iconic Disney songs won't be on the list. Imagine if Frollo's "Hellfire" was a song you could play to? I mean he was in DDD right?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Seeing "Let it Go" being a song here because it's in the game is no surprise. But it's too bad other iconic Disney songs won't be on the list. Imagine if Frollo's "Hellfire" was a song you could play to? I mean he was in DDD right?
Well there're the instrumentals of songs used as world themes, Fantasia will likely be well covered.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
A music rhythm mini-game against Chernabog would actually be an upgrade over his DDD "fight".
That would be so cool! I hope they go all out and have him summoning demons if he is a rhythm boss! I'm crossing my fingers!

Back