• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory rated E10+ by ESRB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When do you guys think it'll be up for pre-order? With all the fanfare I'm surprised it isn't an option yet.

Most likely when they announce the release date, which I think will be the end of this month or early August for a late September/early October release.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
[parsehtml]<p>Like <a href="https://www.esrb.org/search/?searchKeyword=kingdom%20hearts&amp;platform=All%20Platforms&amp;rating=E%2CE10%2B%2CT%2CM%2CAO&amp;descriptor=All%20Content&amp;pg=1&amp;searchType=All">most of the games</a> in the&nbsp;<em>Kingdom Hearts</em> series, <em>Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory</em> <a href="https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37059/KINGDOM+HEARTS+Melody+of+Memory/">has been rated</a> E10+ in the United States by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for f<span>antasy violence and m</span><span>ild language</span>. The organisation has provided some detail behind this decision:</p>
<blockquote>
<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-lg-8">
<div class="summary">
<div class="summary-txt">This is a rhythm-based game in which players help characters battle through worlds from the Kingdom Hearts series. On a scrolling track, players time button presses with musical queues in order to attack, dodge, and use magic against fantasy enemies. Animated sequences sometimes depict characters using keyblades to attack enemies in one-on-one combat; a handful of sequences involve characters being impaled&mdash;depicted off-screen or obscured by bright flashes of light. One song title contains the word &ldquo;damned.&rdquo;</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
<div class="container">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-lg-8">
<div class="summary">
<p>&nbsp;<em>Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory</em> launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch later this year.</p>
<p><span>Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on&nbsp;</span><a href="https://www.facebook.com/KingdomHeartsInsider">Facebook</a><span>&nbsp;and&nbsp;</span><a href="https://twitter.com/khinsider">Twitter</a><span>&nbsp;for the latest updates on&nbsp;</span><em>The World Ends With You</em><span>, the rumored&nbsp;</span><em>Kingdom Hearts</em><span>&nbsp;Disney Plus series,&nbsp;</span><em>Kingdom Hearts Union&nbsp;&chi; [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory&nbsp;</em><span>and all things&nbsp;</span><em>Kingdom Hearts</em><span>!</span></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>[/parsehtml]
I thought the song that contained the word "damned" was an actual lyric. But hey, I like Waltz of the Damned so yay it's in.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Most likely when they announce the release date, which I think will be the end of this month or early August for a late September/early October release.
I know, but sometimes they'll just put the ambiguous 2020 on the item (I think Bravely Default is doing that?), and we know it's coming out in 2020.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
When do you guys think it'll be up for pre-order? With all the fanfare I'm surprised it isn't an option yet.
If it's coming out in September, I'd imagine pre-order listings (and Collector's Editions) will show up in the next few weeks.
If it's October, then probably August.

WastedPenguin

Awards
Depending on the price, this may be my first ever rhythm-based game. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since I absolutely love the KH soundtrack.
I also hope we get a custom mode where we can somehow import other songs.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Rated PG in Australia yesterday. Won't be censored, which is good (remember that games like KH2 have been censored outside of Japan).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Another rating update: it's a 12 and up in Germany for PS4 and Switch. Like the ESRB rating, there's no mention of the Xbox version.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Almost a month after the PS4 and Switch versions were rated, but the Xbox version of MoM was rated in Germany early August:

ivxY4gT.png

I didn't post this one earlier despite knowing about it but it was rated A for everyone in Korea mid-July as well (the description makes it sound like they rated the Switch version of the game). It was submitted for rating on the 23rd of June and subsequently rated on the 10th of July.

The Korean rating board also lets you see ratings in other regions. Australia's rating is blank despite us knowing what it is but it says the CERO in Japan has rated it already (A, like always)

ESRB still doesn't reflect an Xbox rating, and PEGI doesn't have any ratings at all (I think they need a release date before they put it up or something??)

Back