• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory Patch 1.04 Out Now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has released a patch for Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory. Patch 1.04 is now available for download on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Aside from fixing various issues, the cutscene "Arrival" has had additional content added to it. To give further context that Kairi is going through her memories, and that in turn is being observed by Ansem the Wise and his apprentices, a few lines of dialogue have been added from Ansem, Ienzo, and Even that something has gone wrong with viewing Kairi's memories.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Barrett

Awards
This is such a small update to the cutscene, but imo it opens up an entire can of worms of the game getting more substantial DLC purely out of the fact that we got new context and dialogue out of it.

okhi12

Awards
Great timing, Square!
I watched the cutscenes on youtube when the game came out, but I finally bought it for my birthday a couple weeks ago and I'm about to reach the KH3 worlds, so I'll wait until I play that part to see the extended scene.
I was hoping the update would add new songs, but an improvement in story content is always welcome.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura, what are you plotting?

I guess it is nice to know that Kairi appearing in the Final World was not intentional, but I feel like it must tie into UX considering how close together it is with the new update and the fact that Kairi was sent through the ark like the dandelions.

I wonder if this will tie into the True Dandelion?

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I guess it is nice to know that Kairi appearing in the Final World was not intentional, but I feel like it must tie into UX considering how close together it is with the new update and the fact that Kairi was sent through the ark like the dandelions.

One thing people seem to be overlooking is the fact that Ven's Chirithy somehow ends up in the Final World after the events of Ux. Whether it's caused by the lifeboat or not, there's a decent chance the end of Ux will drop at least Ven into the Final World, even if only briefly. So yea you may be onto something here

Awards
Nomura, what are you plotting?

I wonder if this will tie into the True Dandelion?
Either that or it was just random context.

AR829038

Awards
A lot of people are making a bigger deal of this tiny addition than they need to. Remember people, this is Nomura we're talking about here—the same guy who redesigns Heartless in Final Mix games to look completely incongruous from the rest of the series for no reason, and yet makes absolutely certain to show how Mickey lost his shirt at the end of KH1. Not every little detail he puts in is supposed to tie into some larger plot thread.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A lot of people are making a bigger deal of this tiny addition than they need to. Remember people, this is Nomura we're talking about here—the same guy who redesigns Heartless in Final Mix games to look completely incongruous from the rest of the series for no reason, and yet makes absolutely certain to show how Mickey lost his shirt at the end of KH1. Not every little detail he puts in is supposed to tie into some larger plot thread.
Final Mix recolors were to help consumers distinguish between the vanilla release and new game with added content.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think your Mickey statement only further supports the fact that Nomura tries to tie everything together and everything is important in some manner in his mind lol

The timing is suspicious considering it's been months since MOM released but we are only a few days past the second to last UX update. This wasn't a plot detail people were obsessing over and demanding explanation over. Compared to the dozens of other requested additions to this game, this really had no reason to exist unless Nomura felt it had importance.

Clarifying that it wasn't AtW, Ienzo, and Evan's intention for Kairi to dive into her memories of the Final World which then lead to her remembering when Xehanort stuffed her into an ark seems like a pretty clear through line to UX (as much as I wish it wasn't)

Xagzan

Awards
Wish the patch would let Kairi fight her own boss battle against Xehanort -3-

I had something serious to add too, but it's completely slipped my mind what.

AegisXIII

Awards
Is there something to understand from this move or did they just realize they forgot to add a part of the cutscene and simply fixed the issue?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Is there something to understand from this move or did they just realize they forgot to add a part of the cutscene and simply fixed the issue?
giphy.gif

Chie

Awards
Is not the added context easy enough to already assume?

Feels like a further symptom of overwriting/fluff "explanations", which I really dislike.

AR829038

Awards
I think your Mickey statement only further supports the fact that Nomura tries to tie everything together and everything is important in some manner in his mind lol

The timing is suspicious considering it's been months since MOM released but we are only a few days past the second to last UX update. This wasn't a plot detail people were obsessing over and demanding explanation over. Compared to the dozens of other requested additions to this game, this really had no reason to exist unless Nomura felt it had importance.

Clarifying that it wasn't AtW, Ienzo, and Evan's intention for Kairi to dive into her memories of the Final World which then lead to her remembering when Xehanort stuffed her into an ark seems like a pretty clear through line to UX (as much as I wish it wasn't)
My point in comparing the two is that Nomura's fixation with consistency is itself inconsistent. Nomura will regularly allow for multiple narrative and lore-based inconsistencies throughout the series to exist and violate established canon, but every now and then he will focus time and effort on making sure that specific less significant details are treated with noteworthy faithfulness. Nomura's style of storytelling has conditioned fans to look for clues in every minuscule little detail, but those same fans neglect the copious instances of blatant and overt inconsistency that completely contradict this idea that Nomura is always obsessive over details and that we should always pay extraordinary attention to every little thing he puts in these games.
In other words, not everything has to connect to something bigger, and even Nomura himself doesn't care half the time about how tight the story and world-building are. Maybe someone told Nomura they were confused about the ending, and he decided to just shove in this little extra bit of dialogue. Who knows?
Of course, I could be completely wrong. Nomura is, after all, crazy. But conceptually, I don't see any possible way in which this little extra clarifying tidbit connects at all to the UX story or to anything else. The resounding assumption by fans here that it does, however, is what I find peculiar, though not entirely unexpected given how Nomura has conditioned us.

Back