• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory logo found in Dark Road website

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Now i'm wondering how many worlds will be in this and how many of em will be new. I was gonna say this has to be a console title if they were considering a cgi property then i remembered they even put Ralph in union so..yeah lol
Or The Grid in DDD which was live action+CGI. I think it's more like they were saving the wow factor of Pixar worlds for KH3. Now that it's come and gone, cg fims are up for grabs.

Rii

Awards
I just think there's an important distinction between our ideal Kairi and the Kairi we actually have. One is capable of great things, the other is far more limited.

While I understand the point you’re making, and agree with it to an extent, I don’t think we really know what Kairi we actually have. I agree with Echo’s points - Kairi hasn’t had the opportunity to shine since the first game. She felt like an after thought in 2 and 3, and wasn’t even remotely integral to the plot. When you start to think about the potential of her leading, or even co-leading, her own game, it’s practically a given that she’ll have more personality.

I think this potential could also extend to Alyson’s performance. When given a whole game to flesh out the character, I like to think she’d find ways to spice up her portrayal of the character.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Frozen was selected for KH3 before it even released in theaters. Nomura and the team got an advanced screening of the film and liked it so much they decided to include it in the game. That it became a worldwide phenomenon was merely coincidence.

The reason why it was poorly executed was more because of the weird restraining order Disney placed around it, which was not exclusive to KH and was even in effect in Once Upon a Time. I forget who but another member here explained the situation better and suggested this weird treatment of Frozen may have been because of John Lasseter. If that's true, things may be different now after his departure.
Sorry it took me all day to reply to this one, I forgot I commented. I believe the weird restraining order is because of how popular it is. It isn't too farfetched as I think many know, the progress of the game was reset at least once before which led to the movements of the release date. My argument is that after SE had settled on Frozen, during the time in which they were developing, the rules about Frozen were set in stone; probably something like "Sora cannot disturb the story," and that led to the three climbs up the mountain.

Add to that the fact that climbing a mountain three times is boring/repetitive they added the out of nowhere Ice dungeon as a way to break the monotony. Then Nomura wrote the story, and maybe Disney had some other Edits that they wanted in, and we can take those musical numbers as evidence with how out of place they are in a non-musical level. A do think that the advertising potential of having Frozen in KH did come up throughout the Frozen Boom.

Xagzan

Awards
I just think there's an important distinction between our ideal Kairi and the Kairi we actually have. One is capable of great things, the other is far more limited.

Only by care and imagination.

I think Kairi's problem has always been that her movements in the story have always been very restricted due to the plot that was happening around her. She was only capable of being present for three games, and in all three for one reason or another she's been quarantined from the rest of the cast.

Now that we have a fresh start in the new saga, and Sora's MIA, there's huge potential to make Kairi a more proactive character and recapture the cheeky, irreverent and adventurous girl she originally was. That side of her was put on the back burner in KHIII but I think now's a good time to bring it back.

Which brings me back to my earlier point, which is there's little chance of that if she's relegated to some dinky mobile games.

Also if we could like recast her English actress because Stoner really ain't doin' it for me man

I mean it should be Hayden. God forbid they even ask the mainstay voice actress to appear in an upcoming major title. Seriously, did we ever get an excuse for that ridiculousness? Just really disrespectful. I've thought so from the moment she herself said they never contacted her.

Awards
My mind just suddenly drifted to those "Project Oath" leaks that reddit rando posted. Dunno why, maybe to try and connect them to this?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm of the opinion that Kairi is incapable of carrying a fully-fleshed out console game by herself so her being relegated to mobile or a rhythm game isn't a bad idea.

I think she can carry her own standalone title so long as her motivations and character arc is not just tied to being Sora's love interest.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think the story of Frozen 2 makes too much sense for it not to be utilized at some point, and I think it makes the most sense for Kairi’s journey to find Sora. Sora abusing the Power of Waking and the ramifications of that almost perfectly shadow Elsa’s journey to Ahtohallan where she “goes too far” and winds up frozen herself. I would love to see Kairi accompany the sisters - and eventually get shipped off with Anna and Olaf when Elsa decides to go on her own. I think Kairi could learn a lot, especially from Anna.
I think the story would fit too. As I recall, at the end of the film Elsa says that she and Anna are a 'bridge' between two worlds so I could see it applying to getting Sora back and his connection with Kairi.

Reactions: Rii

the red monster

Awards
Before Re:Mind i didn't really want a kairi game because vanilla KH3 made her look like a joke.
but Re:mind show a bit more serious side of her and how badass she can get. so her carrying an entire game alone might be possible if they keep making her more confident.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My stance on Kairi has changed. I was among those that said Kairi wasn't strong enough to hold a game on her own, I have now gone back rethought that process and changed my opinion. So long as the story is good and the character has good motivations then anyone can carry a game.

the red monster

Awards
It doesn‘t say trailer in the tweet, does it? Afaik it just mentions a video but maybe I‘m wrong
They added private video in the jpnz youtube account.
it's probably the trailer for dark road, since the tweet said the "video" meant to be released on april but got pushed, when dark road was planned to be released on may.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
They added private video in the jpnz youtube account.
it's probably the trailer for dark road, since the tweet said the "video" meant to be released on april but got pushed, when dark road was planned to be released on may.

I agree. The website did have a spot for a trailer after all. Maybe we’ll at least get a release date though.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's a video, nothing for us. It'll just be prizes for Ichiban Kuji. I wouldn't get worked up about it.

Looks to me like he's even implying that it's nothing to do with the stuff we are talking about right now lol

EDIT: NOMURA YOU LIAR

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
...I am at a loss for words. I skipped through to the end just to see if it was something I should watch, exclaimed what and now I'm going to actually watch it. Oh my Goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back