• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory Intro Video?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Do you think that they will have an intro video for Melody of Memory? I was a little disappointed that ReMIND didn't have an intro (using "Face My Fears (Orchestra Version)"). So I'm thinking that maybe Melody of Memory will have an intro using the Face My Fears instrumental? But then what will be the end them? An acoustic version of Face My Fears?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like...the trailer video that plays before you play the game?

Or you mean the opening video when you actually start the game? If they have that, it'll probably be "Face My Fears" as we normally know it. There is no acoustic version of the song, and if there was it would have been heavily promoted by Utada lol.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Like...the trailer video that plays before you play the game?

Or you mean the opening video when you actually start the game? If they have that, it'll probably be "Face My Fears" as we normally know it. There is no acoustic version of the song, and if there was it would have been heavily promoted by Utada lol.
I mean the video that plays when you choose "New Game". I'm guessing the trailer video will be Don't Think Twice (Orchestra). And I'm wondering if they got Utada in the booth to do the acoustic version of Face My Fears for the ending?

Noivern

Awards
I doubt Hikki would be willing to do anything of the sorts, just getting her to do two songs for KH3 was problaly a lot of effort lol

I would love a more classical rendition of face my fears, thought. I absolutely hate the skrillex collab.

Katsagu

Awards
I doubt Hikki would be willing to do anything of the sorts, just getting her to do two songs for KH3 was problaly a lot of effort lol

I would love a more classical rendition of face my fears, thought. I absolutely hate the skrillex collab.

My problem with face my fears is the drop... it just feels out of place. The piano in the beginning is awesome though.

the red monster

Awards
Face my fears orchestra version for the start and orchestra don't think twice for the end.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Plus budget. If she's gonna make songs for an intro, Square's probably not going to ask unless it's a "bigger" KH title. Melody of Memory is a game where it's like "here's something to chew on for a while, don't think too much into it", so it wouldn't make a lot of sense considering how lowkey the promo for MoM is.

Now if it were for a hypothetical Dream Drop Distance Vol. 2 or something, much more likely. Although they could do what they did for 2.8 and remix Face My Fears for an intro movie.

Foxycian

Awards
It will probably be the instrumental version of don’t think twice, just like the kh3 opening with Xehanort and Eraqus playing chess while we get flashbacks of all the dark seeker saga games.

If you're referring to the opening, I actually think it's going to be Simple and Clean. Reason being, at the beginning of the Nintendo direct mini MoM trailer, there's a segment that shows Sora doing a Memory Dive by himself while scenes from DDD and 0.2 are playing in the background, but there's no HUD for any of it.

If you're referring to the preview video that plays if you sit on the title screen for too long, I think that'll be the orchestra version of Face My Fears.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
There has been a few times we’ve seen the opening before the game releases. Best I can recall was DDD. I don’t remember if this was standard or if it will happen for this game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I know this is strange, but I'd love an opening medley (preferrably with vocals, but if it was just orchestra / music that would be fine, too) combining all four of KH's themes into one. It would seem appropriate for a game dedicated to the series' music (and more importantly it would be an eargasm!)

2 quid is good

Awards
I know this is strange, but I'd love an opening medley (preferrably with vocals, but if it was just orchestra / music that would be fine, too) combining all four of KH's themes into one. It would seem appropriate for a game dedicated to the series' music (and more importantly it would be an eargasm!)
Ahh yoooo I didn't even consider this option

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There has been a few times we’ve seen the opening before the game releases. Best I can recall was DDD. I don’t remember if this was standard or if it will happen for this game.

Clips of BBS and DDD's openings were used in trailers and ads, and 0.2's was released in full. A partial version of KH3's was unveiled prior to release as well.

They tend to show it if it's new and shiny and kind of a big deal. If MoM's opening isn't a new video from Visual Works and is just a mashup of cutscenes from previous games, I don't think they'll bother showing it before release.

Katsagu

Awards

If I remember correctly there are at least 2 special arranjements made specifically for this game, maybe this idea is one?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If I remember correctly there are at least 2 special arranjements made specifically for this game, maybe this idea is one?
The two songs are the new Dearly Beloved and the medley that plays during the end credits.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I have the feeling that similar to Days' opening cinematics Melody Of Memory's will mostly just be a clip show. Mainly for the reason @Sign mentioned, if there was a shine new opening video they'd have shown or hinted at it by now.

Back