• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean, we don't know anything, but perhaps Kairi's proper scenario is unlock able and the gameplay style changes to accommodate something akin to Re:MIND.

There is: the assumption that Kairi's scenario confronting Apprentice Nort is separate.

I'm not denying the fact that the Apprentice Xehanort fight could be under MoM's gameplay, but the way they built it up seemed to me that, on the off chance, the gameplay could be more akin to KH3.
The alternative is that it's just a cutscene. I had hoped that Days Theater would at least make the Xion & Riku fights playable if nothing else but that sure didn't happen.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is what's kind of worrying me. I really wanted to move on from xehanort after KH3. But so far, we're still stuck with Xehanort and his shenanigans. No foretellers, no yozora , no Luxu's box. I really hope they move on.

The fact the trailer even aludes to a "Final Plan" by xehanort is just...ugh.
At the same time I'm kinda glad we're getting a sort of "Fix KH3 Saga", and the games will set up future stuff like they always do, and Memory of Melody might move the plot forward a step.

I do hope so much this doesn't go on for years. I don't believe it will since the next two titles from this "2nd Phase" are set for this year, and the next two are likely for 2021, but those mystery boxes underneath the 2nd Phase scare me...

This "final plan" puts a bad taste in my mouth.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
but those mystery boxes underneath the 2nd Phase scare me...
Y'know, this has me really confused because by all rights, some of those boxes should be filled by now.
There are arrows suggesting a flowchart relationship between the boxes, and despite Re Mind having already released and Dark Road very nearly released, none of the small boxes flowing between them have been filled.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Kinda bummed it’s not 100% chibi. It looks...just OK imo

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Y'know, this has me really confused because by all rights, some of those boxes should be filled by now.
There are arrows suggesting a flowchart relationship between the boxes, and despite Re Mind having already released and Dark Road very nearly released, none of the small boxes flowing between them have been filled.
And it gets weird in the middle.

Blank box -> Re:Mind -> blank box -> Dark Road -> Memory of Melody -> blank box -> Memory of Melody again -> 4th game -> blank box -> 5th game -> blank box

There's no way these arrows and the bottom boxes are just decorative.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Blank box -> Re:Mind -> blank box -> Dark Road -> Memory of Melody -> blank box -> Memory of Melody again -> 4th game -> blank box -> 5th game -> blank box

There also is something in the box between Re Mind and Dark Road. Looks like text, but it's too small and blurred to make it out.

It would be very strange if these images were just internal diagrams for Square Enix. I have to assume they intend on releasing them publicly at some point, perhaps with complete information.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

The twofold appearance of Memory of Melody and that one blank box could be a similar situation as Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days have time-line wise as CoM happens parallel to Days and in-between it at the same time.
Time-line wise Days starts during the last third of KH I and ends way after CoM already finished.

The blank box before Re:Mind however could be either KH III itself, Ux or even the "Dark Seeker saga" as a whole.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

My reading of that is that there's probably a planned Melody of Memory DLC, hence why it returns to the same game. Though with them including 140 songs, I'm not really sure what more they could add in a DLC.

I hope they release a high res version of the diagram soon, so we can get an idea of what the text in the box below says.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I feel so much about this announcement, I can't possibly cover all of it. I have been dreaming about those exact Kairi cut scenes since Re:Mind. I can't get over Kairi's look and Riku standing behind her in the Final World. I do not want to play data Sora this time 😭 . A Shimomura rhythm game is VERY exciting, fudge the people who claim we did not ask for this (...); I did not ask for this, but now I want it. I'm actually happy (if) it ties into the overall story because that's the Galaxy-Brain shit I love so much about KH at the end of the day (and it's not console-I-don't-own exclusive!!!). I do not want to feel disappointment before the game is even out, so I will do my best to wait and see how the story actually works before obsessing and sobbing about it... but it's HARD. Because KAIRI. I'm sure it's going to be wonderful. I hope. Also I missed out on so many Foreteller badges, not sharing my fan theories about the next game before. Ugh. (...)

In short:
TWEWYMelody.jpg
TWEWYMelodyPoet2.jpg

🥳

ivaannom

Awards
Just saw the new screenshots and... fuck under the sea

I don't know if i love or hate this song wtf

01_o.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
There also is something in the box between Re Mind and Dark Road. Looks like text, but it's too small and blurred to make it out.

It would be very strange if these images were just internal diagrams for Square Enix. I have to assume they intend on releasing them publicly at some point, perhaps with complete information.
Maybe that text is what'll actually be what's announced next.

The twofold appearance of Memory of Melody and that one blank box could be a similar situation as Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days have time-line wise as CoM happens parallel to Days and in-between it at the same time.
Time-line wise Days starts during the last third of KH I and ends way after CoM already finished.
Makes sense. We already know the three groups doing their own things concurrently with Kairi's sleeping adventure, so it could be either of those.

My reading of that is that there's probably a planned Melody of Memory DLC, hence why it returns to the same game. Though with them including 140 songs, I'm not really sure what more they could add in a DLC.
140 is a lot. Didn't even know we've had that much. lol

I expect rhythm games to have DLC, but I agree. I have no clue what else could be added.

Just saw the new screenshots and... fuck under the sea

I don't know if i love or hate this song wtf

01_o.jpg
Everybody getting flashbacks, and I'm just here annoyed they're not in their Atlantica forms.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Just remembered about the card Luxord gave to Sora. If he gave it to Kairi before he passed away wonder if it will play a part in MoM?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t think I’ve really seen anyone mention this, but I wonder what happens to Riku during the course of this? I’d assume the scene with them together comes before the scene with Kairi and the hooded figure. Nomura, what did you do to our boy?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don’t think I’ve really seen anyone mention this, but I wonder what happens to Riku during the course of this? I’d assume the scene with them together comes before the scene with Kairi and the hooded figure. Nomura, what did you do to our boy?
Honestly I think the Riku scene is at the end of the game and shows us Riku fetching Kair, so they can go get the third person and look for Sora in their dreams. My impression is that Melody takes place between ReMind and Limit Cut.

That said I hope their interactiom boils down to more than just: Riku going "Hey, let's find Sora!" and Kairi replying "right!"

Foxycian

Awards
I hope they heard my/our prayers, I really want Hayden back as kairi, I can’t take Kairi with Xion voice, and not just that i just don’t like Kairi having this cute voice, I love Alyson voice but I don’t want them using one voice actor to voice multiple characters all the time, plus Kairi was never the girly shy type as far as I remember I really want that strong voice Hayden brought for this character it felt more natural.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Just remembered about the card Luxord gave to Sora. If he gave it to Kairi before he passed away wonder if it will play a part in MoM?
I want to believe Sora hung on to it like Luxord told him to, though I want to know what that dang card is already!

Even if it "could turn the tables", I like the idea that, rather the card having some magic power, it's something mundane like a credit card, business card of someone who might be able to help Sora, lets him in to an exclusive club, or it tells people in the know that Sora's a friend of Luxord so they don't kill him or whatever.

Or maybe what Luxord really meant by "could turn the tables" isn't that it could assist Sora but Sora could assist in whatever the card relates to (Verum Rex.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back