• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is what's kind of worrying me. I really wanted to move on from xehanort after KH3. But so far, we're still stuck with Xehanort and his shenanigans. No foretellers, no yozora , no Luxu's box. I really hope they move on.

The fact the trailer even aludes to a "Final Plan" by xehanort is just...ugh.
I think that's because the Xehanort Saga failed to wrap up all the remaining loose ends, these stories were still kinda missing.

I wish they had included Kairi in DDD and had tackeled her past there. It would have given her more of a drive and personal stake in the war.

That said I'd be really surprised, if Kairi's past didn't tie into the Master of Masters plans. He seemed to want what happened to her to happen. He made sure that there was no projection of her world and her in the Age of Fairy tales.
He created the pod that Xehanort put her into in the trailer. I'd be surprised, if there truely were no connections.

I also feel like what she'll learn will somehow tie into DR and UX, maybe via grandma. And seeing she's in the final world i imagine she'd meet Not Stella.

So while it does still involve Xehanort i imagine it'll push forward the Foreteller arc.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
This is what's kind of worrying me. I really wanted to move on from xehanort after KH3. But so far, we're still stuck with Xehanort and his shenanigans. No foretellers, no yozora , no Luxu's box. I really hope they move on.

Expecting Xehanort to just completely disappear from the storyline after KHIII was a bit foolish.
All that really ended was Xehanort's role as the main antagonist.
At any rate, it's high time we got some answers about the 10-year gap between BbS and KH1. Even before KHIII introduced Subject X, that was a pretty important part of the lore that went almost completely ignored for the entire series.

D

Deleted member 252753

Like someone else mentioned there’s a difference between fanon and canon interpretations. For some reason Roxas became the broody emo counterpart to Ven’s cheerful persona when in reality Roxas expresses many positive emotions throughout Days and 2.
He gets excited about little things like he does in Wonderland and Neverland, and gets pouty and childish multiple times. Yet despite the range he expresses, people have Roxas locked to his KH2 intro and his suffering identity.
As someone who's only experienced Days through the HD cutscenes, that light-hearted side of Roxas unfortunately didn't come through (it's possible it's there somewhere but I found the whole thing a slog to watch so can't remember a lot), so I remember the broody emo bits in 2, at the end of Days, and his scene in DDD where he sadly accepts that it 'has to be' Sora who exists. Plus Roxas suddenly appearing practically omniscient in Re Mind made him seem sort of mature in an edgy, mysterious way.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
As someone who's only experienced Days through the HD cutscenes, that light-hearted side of Roxas unfortunately didn't come through (it's possible it's there somewhere but I found the whole thing a slog to watch so can't remember a lot), so I remember the broody emo bits in 2, at the end of Days, and his scene in DDD where he sadly accepts that it 'has to be' Sora who exists. Plus Roxas suddenly appearing practically omniscient in Re Mind made him seem sort of mature in an edgy, mysterious way.
The lighthearted moments of Days are extremely few and far-between. You can probably count those scenes on one hand.
In fact it's probably Days, more than anything, which bolstered fans' perception of Roxas as being overly moody.

Last edited:

Katsagu

Awards
Expecting Xehanort to just completely disappear from the storyline after KHIII was a bit foolish.
All that really ended was Xehanort's role as the main antagonist.
At any rate, it's high time we got some answers about the 10-year gap between BbS and KH1. Even before KHIII introduced Subject X, that was a pretty important part of the lore that went almost completely ignored for the entire series.

I didn't expect him to disappear, I just didn't expect for him to continue taking center stage as the main antagonist. We are now exploring his back story in Dark Road... and MoM is alluding to a "final plan" in kairi's memories...

So far the post Dark Seeker saga stuff has a lot of xehanort in it. And sure we have only seen trailers and I might be completely wrong.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

As others hand said, most of this should have been before or part of KH3. Heck, this storyline with Kairi should have been her story for KH3 instead of leaving her in the enchanted forest all game until the end. I always knew Xehanort would not be done after KH3, he's sticking around forever, but his Dark Seeker plans should be ended now and focus on all those things you just mentioned.

Now we have a Rhythm game that is going to focus on Kairi looking for Sora and dealing with her past when the latter should have been dealt with already. I won't complain because Kairi spotlight and I do wanna play this game, but the execution of this and still dealing with Xehanorts evil schemes this feels like ideas KH3 had but were scrapped and now being revived and joint together with current events. Let's see if they pull it off.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
At the risk of being a confusing mess due to a lack of understanding the controls, I hope the opening movie with a Face My Fears remix is playable.

For me, it would depend on what kind of opening movie we get. If it’s just a recut of previous openings or something, I’d be totally down for that. But I’m hoping we get an original one focusing on the journey Kairi’s had similar to what the 0.2 opening was for Aqua. For me, having one like that playable at first would be too distracting. They could make it playable after you watch it the first time or make it a special bonus level after you beat the game though. Like 2 quid said, this could be something they do for all the Utada songs.

However tertiary this game may be, the possibility of a new opening movie, title screen artwork, etc., has me hyped.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Fate refers to something that you can't predict, change and even comprehend. In the greek mythology, it is determined by the Moirai and the gods, not even Zeus, can change nor influence it (the Parcae and the Norns have the same role in the roman and the norse mythologies, respectively). Destiny (which gained importance in ancient Rome) puts the focus on humans and, as it pertains to human characteristics, can be changed by your own actions.

They are pretty much used interchangeably today, but you can see the difference from time to time.

Ah thanks, that makes it more clear.
Reading about these differences makes it look like the KH series itself doesn't know which of the two it actually wants to use most of the time.

As others hand said, most of this should have been before or part of KH3. Heck, this storyline with Kairi should have been her story for KH3 instead of leaving her in the enchanted forest all game until the end. I always knew Xehanort would not be done after KH3, he's sticking around forever, but his Dark Seeker plans should be ended now and focus on all those things you just mentioned.

Most of this stuff could have been in KH III if the priorities had actually been on exploring backstories and focus on the actual characters together with the left open plots from years of a badly paced saga instead of cramming it all into the final stretch and otherwise have only breadcrumbs of "story" between Disney worlds.

Maybe if they had left out all the useless and space-stealing UX baiting, bringing up new never before mentioned stuff out of thin air like Subject X and the whole extra crap with Marluxia, Larxene, Luxord and Demyx as well as refrained from putting so much rescources into things like Classic Kingdom and other side stuff that doesn't really benefit the story nor does it help the resolution of the saga it could have been all included where it pacing- and time-line wise belongs instead of having to back trace yet again now in "Phase 2" which normally should transition into the new tasks ahead.

It looks more and more like Re:Mind was just the first "addendum" to KH III which encompasses almost completely stuff regarding several characters and plots that should have been shown off and resolved before the Grand Final battle happened.

I'll admit that I am one of those who hoped that we'd be finally rid of Xehanort for good after his saga is finally over.

Katsagu

Awards

Now we have a Rhythm game that is going to focus on Kairi looking for Sora and dealing with her past when the latter should have been dealt with already. I won't complain because Kairi spotlight and I do wanna play this game, but the execution of this and still dealing with Xehanorts evil schemes this feels like ideas KH3 had but were scrapped and now being revived and joint together with current events. Let's see if they pull it off.

I don't necessarily agree with the notion that Kairi's backstory should have been explored in KH3. They're able to explore it now specifically because of what happened in KH3, and I kind of like how it seems they're doing it, like finding this stuff about kairi is completely unexpected since the objective was to try to find Sora, and this knowledge is a consequence from that. Once again I might be completely wrong and stuff does not play out like this in the game.

But yeah, I really hope we can move on from Xehanort's plans and such, I'm more interested in what comes after that for sure.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't necessarily agree with the notion that Kairi's backstory should have been explored in KH3. They're able to explore it now specifically because of what happened in KH3, and I kind of like how it seems they're doing it, like finding this stuff about kairi is completely unexpected since the objective was to try to find Sora, and this knowledge is a consequence from that. Once again I might be completely wrong and stuff does not play out like this in the game.

But yeah, I really hope we can move on from Xehanort's plans and such, I'm more interested in what comes after that for sure.
That's fine too. It's just this is a story that was suggested back in KH1 all the way in 2002 and here we are in 2020 now getting it. Better late then never, but this feels out of place when Xehanort is gone...supposedly and now we're going back to him. I don't hate reusing Xehanort, but his big plan was just foiled and we're still on him. Of course his actions are still going to be felt in the series but this feels a little overkill.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

yeah, but it'd be kinda impossible to explore Kairi's past and not bring up Xehanort again seeing he's responsible for most of the tragedies in her life. I just hope that these memories also lead to more which will expand on what is to come in the next arc.

Considering that Subject X's disappearance and Kairi's departure both happen in the year between BBS and Radiant Garden's fall, I could see them having crossed paths. Also something happened in that world that Master of Masters didn't want pre-KH2 Maleficent to know, this could be feature in this game.

That's fine too. It's just this is a story that was suggested back in KH1 all the way in 2002 and here we are in 2020 now getting it. Better late then never, but this feels out of place when Xehanort is gone...supposedly and now we're going back to him. I don't hate reusing Xehanort, but his big plan was just foiled and we're still on him. Of course his actions are still going to be felt in the series but this feels a little overkill.
Agreed it'd have been better, if we had gotten 1 or 2 games without him as a palate cleanser before having him take an important role in a story again.

Katsagu

Awards
yeah, but it'd be kinda impossible to explore Kairi's past and not bring up Xehanort again seeing he's responsible for most of the tragedies in her life. I just hope that these memories also lead to more which will expand on what is to come in the next arc.
I'm not saying it's bad to have Xehanort there, of course they can use him again. I'm more worried about the framing "his final plan lies in the melody of memories" that seems to imply xehanort still has a card up his sleeve after all is said and done in KH3.

If he just appears to flesh out kairi's backstory, hey no problem I like that. But if this leads to him somehow coming back or whatever...come on.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's too bad they didn't take advantage of Namine being in Kairi's heart since KH2. She could have played a big role in helping Kairi regain her lost memories and have the two bond, it's disturbing these two don't have a real relationship.

But I don't wanna complain too much on this. I'm just happy Kairi is getting focus.

D

Deleted member 252753

Honestly I am quite happy with more Xehanort and I can see this moving things forward. I got the impression from what we know about the Subject X stuff that Apprentice Xehanort was on the cusp of learning some big secret from her memory, which Braig prevented from happening. So I can see whatever Xehanort then did to Kairi somehow bringing us to the MoM's plans.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not saying it's bad to have Xehanort there, of course they can use him again. I'm more worried about the framing "his final plan lies in the melody of memories" that seems to imply xehanort still has a card up his sleeve after all is said and done in KH3.

If he just appears to flesh out kairi's backstory, hey no problem I like that. But if this leads to him somehow coming back or whatever...come on.

I don’t think he’ll truly come back. He did clearly have one more card up his sleeve, which is consistent with the fact that he planned for every eventuality. But I think his final plan wasn’t about how to bring himself back, but how his plans could still be fulfilled in the event of his death. Kairi must play a big role in whatever that plan is.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wanna debate the sexier part...but can't.

Why wouldn't Kairi's confrontation be Melody based? If that's how the game is played it would be odd to have that one fight not be rhythm. It would be like COM suddenly doing away with the cards when fighting Marluxia. It's the style of the game. So prepare for Kairi to battle Apprentice Xehanort in a shower of musical notes and become the second coming of 'Ursula's Revenge' how can that not excite you?
I mean, we don't know anything, but perhaps Kairi's proper scenario is unlock able and the gameplay style changes to accommodate something akin to Re:MIND.

That's like thinking the Org members in CoM shouldn't obey the rules of the cards and just fight normally. Or the Foretellers shouldn't bother with turn-based battles. Rhythm is how MoM is played and there's no inherent reason to assume otherwise. Especially since the trailer showed how boss battles work with the Xemnas part.
There is: the assumption that Kairi's scenario confronting Apprentice Nort is separate.

I'm not denying the fact that the Apprentice Xehanort fight could be under MoM's gameplay, but the way they built it up seemed to me that, on the off chance, the gameplay could be more akin to KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back