• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I wonder if it would be awkward for Kairi to interact directly with Terra? It could make for a interesting side story if they don't just ignore it like they did with Riku/Roxas in KH3.
Well if Kairi knows the details about how Apprentice Xehanort/Terranort was created, it prolly wouldn't be all that awkward since she'd know Terra wasn't the one doing them bad deeds.

And regarding Roxas, it's odd how people consider him the mature one, yet also want him to be angry at Riku all the time as if Riku's the one who orchestrated 358/2, even though the one time they interacted without Riku being hooded was during the time when Roxas wasn't in his right mind, thinking that what Xion wanted was for him to run into Org headquarters, take on the final members all by himself, try and make contact with the big ol' heart moon as if it'll bring her back, then find Sora and probably kill him.

Roxas has more reason to be mad at DiZ than Riku.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well if Kairi knows the details about how Apprentice Xehanort/Terranort was created, it prolly wouldn't be all that awkward since she'd know Terra wasn't the one doing them bad deeds.

And regarding Roxas, it's odd how people consider him the mature one, yet also want him to be angry at Riku all the time as if Riku's the one who orchestrated 358/2, even though the one time they interacted without Riku being hooded was during the time when Roxas wasn't in his right mind, thinking that what Xion wanted was for him to run into Org headquarters, take on the final members all by himself, try and make contact with the big ol' heart moon as if it'll bring her back, then find Sora and probably kill him.

Roxas has more reason to be mad at DiZ than Riku.
True on both. With Kairi and Terra it wouldn't be she blames Terra, more that he resembles the man who took her.

As for Riku and Roxas, I certainly don't want Roxas to be angry at Riku. But it would have been cool to see them have a proper reintroduction since their fight. And it's funny because before KH3 I always saw Roxas as the immature one, it was reasonable though lol.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm still bothered by the idea that Kairi really doesn't remember anything from her childhood at Radiant Garden, because the one scene from KH1 when it's brought up heavily implied she was lying. If they go the route that she's deliberately repressing those memories, that's fine and would give her that extra bit of agency by realizing she can't continue keeping down those horrible memories she chose to lock away and needs to face the trauma she experienced as a child head on. The decision to re-experience those memories, despite knowing what she's in for from the very start, over finding out later.

tenor.gif
She did lie, she said she remembered nothing but it turned out she retained the memory of her grandmother telling her a story in the castle. However she still is missing most of her memory it's just she has more fragments than she was willing to let on. It's pretty clear her memory loss was more a result of trauma than anything magical, and what we are seeing now is Kairi facing that trauma.

ElysionRose

Awards
I honestly have no idea what to say about this, except for the fact nomura is terrible at pacing his stories...

So how is he going to handle a rhythm game, when the whole point of the game is to have good pacing?

SuperNova

Awards
Looking back at the trailer again, my fears of this being *the* Kairi game instead of DDD v2 are becoming more solid, if they find their way to Sora in this game then I'm afraid Kairi's role might be diminished going forward.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, like technically Donald, Goofy, & Herc are "playable" because they react to the player's inputs.
Technically not even "Sora" is playable in this argument.

Looking back at the trailer again, my fears of this being *the* Kairi game instead of DDD v2 are becoming more solid, if they find their way to Sora in this game then I'm afraid Kairi's role might be diminished going forward.
I mean, for all we know, Melody of Memory could end with them finding where Sora is, but DDD Vol.2 is all about trying to get to where Sora is, thus a Kairi/Riku game.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I honestly have no idea what to say about this, except for the fact nomura is terrible at pacing his stories...

So how is he going to handle a rhythm game, when the whole point of the game is to have good pacing?
I wouldn't say that he is horrible at pacing his stories. I would say that instead it's like he keeps choosing to make games that don't lend themselves well to his style. KHIII was paced the way it was for the benefit of level design, which isn't the first or probably even the last time it will happen for that reason. I do think that the stories could be better paced, but I also don't have any complaints that are consistent over the entire franchise as some games are much better paced than others.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KHIII was paced the way it was for the benefit of level design,
I'm on the boat that thinks that Kingdom Hearts III actually lost more than a year of dev time, maybe even two years, and the reason all the original content felt so... botched, is because of lost time. So there's also that to take into consideration.

Henryp

Awards

You see, I'm starting to picture (even tho is only speculation) that this might not be the Kairi game. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to Nomura, but seeing the scenes either takes place in RG and Final World (at least for now), I can see it being very very little storyline content, as a move to showcase Kairi's bigger role outside Sora, keep some bait for lore fans and at the same time not making it such a big deal in the grand scheme. Maybe this will only lead into the actual game with playable Kairi and Riku, finishing this game with Riku reaching Kairi and both of them finding the way to go after Sora.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Why are we even assuming that Kairi will get a proper game? I'm just betting that Melody of Memory has a "A Fragmentary Passage" ish game with playable Kairi that will serve as a demo for DDD Vol2.

Henryp

Awards
Why are we even assuming that Kairi will get a proper game? I'm just betting that Melody of Memory has a "A Fragmentary Passage" ish game with playable Kairi that will serve as a demo for DDD Vol2.

I don't think Kairi will get a proper, solo game like Roxas did. I am assuming Kairi will get, eventually, a playable scenario before KHIV because of what Nomura said about the title screen and because she was really refined in ReMind. Yesterday I was hoping it was going to be something like you say. However, thinking about it, I see it more pausible that MoM will only be cutscenes leading to a multi-scenario game, maybe having Riku, Kairi and Sora all in the same game.

SuperNova

Awards
If anything maybe DDDv2 is a Destiny Trio game instead of a duo game, this is pure speculation, but it would be a good chance to give the main trio some sorely needed development. At least that's what I hope for.

Henryp

Awards
One thing we can say for sure now is that devs are learning from their mistakes. No more platform exclusive games always jumping between consoles. Guess this game will be like KH3 was for XBOX. If it sells well, I can see at least "The Story So Far" landing on switch. Hope they keep doing this at least for PS/Xbox, which already have the entire series.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
And regarding Roxas, it's odd how people consider him the mature one- .

Who in their goddamn mind considers Roxas the "mature" one? Lol.

Based on his personality though, he wouldn't be accepting or forgiving with both Riku and Isa that easily. The ending was saccharine and shallow because we don't know how any of the characters got to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back