• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
As for the hooded figure, I think Apprentice Xehanort makes the most sense with Kairi’s dialogue in the scene. It could be satisfying to see her duel him since he was the version of Xehanort that impacted her the most. (Assuming that she is talking to that hooded figure and it isn’t misleading editing.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There are two more unannounced Kingdom Hearts games coming up if we assume the two blank boxes in the title montage are games. Then, there's also the fact that this game is on the Nintendo Switch so maybe it's also a performance preference, too?
They could do better than PS2/3DS-level on Switch surely.

As for the hooded figure, I think Apprentice Xehanort makes the most sense with Kairi’s dialogue in the scene. It could be satisfying to see her duel him since he was the version of Xehanort that impacted her the most. (Assuming that she is talking to that hooded figure and it isn’t misleading editing.)
The 2nd most sorely missing member of the true Org.

Henryp

Awards
Because it's a rhythm game, they probably want it running at 60fps.
It could also have something to do with the workload of recreating series-wide assets that were not previously made for KHIII.

This, pretty much. The number of assets they have with the previous design is way bigger than what they have with the KH3 engine. And it is not only worlds, but party members, heartless... and the scenes themselves, like Days ending.

I guess it narrows down to short development time, number of worlds to play and graphical content. They probably had to choose more worlds representing the whole series than having only a few representation of them in KH3 quality.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I loved the Avengers/Marvel style intro. I guess the KH universe has been assembled lol.

Honestly I screamed when they announced the soundtrack. That is what I've been looking forward to the most.

I feel like Melody of Memory will be a Kairi playable (in KH3 graphics) game and the melody parts are mini-games. They did say that it had 4 modes. I'm just hoping that Kairi's solo focused game isn't some rhythm game... where you are mostly Sora.

the red monster

Awards
I'll just play it at the lowest difficulty so i can get the story bits tbh. i might even enjoy the gameplay, never tried playing this type of games, so pretty excited to try it out.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So are we going to get a Apprentice Terranort boss battle? Not sure what they can do to differentiate it from the actually Terranort but I'm down
Well it's a music rhythm game for starters. I mean granted, Terranort could be a boss in this as well but that's unconfirmed so far. The BBS stuff could mostly be Ven's/Vanitas' PoV that Sora is seeing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well it's a music rhythm game for starters. I mean granted, Terranort could be a boss in this as well but that's unconfirmed so far. The BBS stuff could mostly be Ven's/Vanitas' PoV that Sora is seeing.
Even if its cutscene only it will still be satisfying seeing Kairi face off against Apprentice Terranort. I never would have guessed Nomura addressing that part of Kairi's story

Foxycian

Awards
I am very worried by what I saw in the end. I can't believe they're once again making a game that is completely different to the rest essential to the story.

I mean, it even looks like we will find who MoM is in this game. IN THE RHYTHM GAME!

Like come on, sometimes it's fine to just make a spinoff.
Well at least it’s a “ps4/switch/Xbox” game

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The Phase 2 idea just boggles me for some reason. Post KH2 really feels more the second phase of this franchise. I’d consider this like 3rd or 4th phase.

darknessofheart

Awards
While it may be anti-climatic, I think the coated figure might be apprentice Xehanort. Given that his abduction of Kairi seems key to this story and put everyone on a collision course to be targeted years later on Destiny Islands by his heartless, I can't think of anyone else she would hate more.

She says the figure is either a memory or a phantom, so she seems pretty sure it's no one still alive. While some might think it would be too obvious, they did something similar with Vexen in the "Final Battle" trailer for KH3.

Perhaps Xehanort tampered with Kairi's memory to make her forget everything from her life on Radiant Garden as part of a final plan: maybe he didn't want her to ever realize her true power, which memory can have an effect over. The stars she sees in the final world may be representative of her friends and family from Radiant Garden, all gone because of what Xehanort did.

She might have more reason than anyone to hate this particular form of Xehanort, even more so than Ansem the Wise.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So
While it may be anti-climatic, I think the coated figure might be apprentice Xehanort. Given that his abduction of Kairi seems key to this story and put everyone on a collision course to be targeted years later on Destiny Islands by his heartless, I can't think of anyone else she would hate more.

She says the figure is either a memory or a phantom, so she seems pretty sure it's no one still alive. While some might think it would be too obvious, they did something similar with Vexen in the "Final Battle" trailer for KH3.

Perhaps Xehanort tampered with Kairi's memory to make her forget everything from her life on Radiant Garden as part of a final plan: maybe he didn't want her to ever realize her true power, which memory can have an effect over. The stars she sees in the final world may be representative of her friends and family from Radiant Garden, all gone because of what Xehanort did.

She might have more reason than anyone to hate this particular form of Xehanort, even more so than Ansem the Wise.
I think they're going with the angle that Kairi got sudden PTSD at the sight of Terranort in KH3 & that's why she was all deer in the headlights.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, I'm happy about the rhythm game and very disappointed about Kairi having a solo game. Ugh. I was hoping them forcing playable Kairi on us would be in a game with multiple scenarios to give me some incentive to play it. I don't want to waste money on a game following the worst "character" in this series.

Henryp

Awards
Seeing the Kairi scenes in Radiant Garden and Final World, it feels like it could be the opening and ending respectively. Maybe the flashbacks will come mid game. As Riku is in there, that should be happening after Limit Cut and possibly means the prologue to the next entry.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think the PS2 era assets were used primarily because of the time for development, and partly because if they used scenes from early games (like the Days scene in the trailer, the zebra Xemnas fight, presumably Sora's sacrifice in KH1) but used KH3 Sora it would clash bad. It was a choice between having KH3 Sora with PS2 scenes in the background, sync the two up like they ended up doing, or remaking all those old scenes in Unreal, possibly taking way more time than they should on a rhythm game.

If you think about it though, this game will be pleasing large parts of the fanbase all at once. Let's make a checklist.

- Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts - check.
- Kairi game giving her motivations besides just Sora (the scenes seem to imply that, while she is indeed trying to find Sora, she also feels guilty about being weak and that will be her new character arc) - check.
- More Apprentice Xehanort - check
- Not taking a decade to advance the plot - check

We all knew that they had several development teams set aside for Kingdom Hearts. That means Kingdom Hearts as a brand will be branching out to other game genres (like in this case, a rhythm game) and giving side games to fill in plot threads like side games used to, while the main team goes ahead and starts making KH4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back