• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
"Testing the waters" for ports of old ass games sounds so ridiculous. The FF ports from over a year ago should be all the testing Square needs. Or the KH games of past Nintendo handhelds. The sad part is this has been standard 3rd party on Nintendo operating procedure for a very long time.

Right now my expectations is the Kairi story & music gameplay will eventually intersect. At minimum, it'll just be for the final boss of the game. We see with the Xemnas clip how boss fights work in MoM & it's a safe guess that there must be some sort of big finale to close out the game. This could very be in the form of Kairi fighting Black Coat in the music-boss style.

Last edited:

Henryp

Awards
Then again, after KH3 and Re: Mind, I had a lot hope but all I got was a mobile game no one asked for and a rhythm game I have no interest in but with backstory so now I'm forced to buy it. Its basically 2 for 3 at this point. I can only hope the next two announcements are actual RPGs.

But it has been only a few month since the last release of KH3! I wasn't expecting so many things in such a short time. We will probably see more rpg style KHs in a couple of years, which probabli take way longer to produce.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I feel like Black Coat is the MoM. The fact that they focus the camera on Coaty removing his coat and then cutting off means that it should be him, seeing as how it's the other Black Coat we haven't seen revealed. Or it could be Darkness, but I'm on the boat that thinks that Darkness doesn't have a form.
Just covering all bases. Might as well throw Bragi and Hermod into the mix too because sure whatever. lol

I'm 95% convinced it's MoM, but I can't help but have that small feeling this is a red herring.

It's scary how well it fits. XD

The black coat is Kairi's grandfather, that's right her grandfather. All the limelight has been on her grandmother nobody ever asked for her grandfather. Kairi's angry because he owes her some overdue birthday presents. And he better deliver.
The black coat is Vergil.

His motivation has grown so strong he's gained the ability to enter completely different franchises.
Inside the black coat is another black coat. & then another black coat.....
I like where your heads are at. :LOL:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
*trailer starts*

Ok this looks like some wierd side game that I maybe don't need to get into.

*actual new plot reveals happen and are implied to be apart of the game*

sigh, ok Nomura you got 60 of my dollars once again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I guess we are officially in the next saga. Didnt think it would start just a few months after Re:MIND but whatever.

disney233

Awards
LOVING the implication that they're gonna explore Kairi's past in Radiant Garden and her connection to Ansem TW and the apprentices. That's always been such a rich vein to tap that they never took advantage of and I'm delighted they're finally going for it. I've never seen a JRPG featuring plot-based amnesia that just refuses to unlock that character's past like with Kairi in KH LMAO.
This is what pisses me off the most about this game. ALMOST 20 YEARS. It took this series Almost 20 years to explore Kairi's backstory, and it's in the form of some go-go Rhythm game? THAT'S what sets me off the most.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I never like KH2!Atlantica more than KH1's, but it was fun and always made sense to me given Disney's Broadway-style background. And then we got more of it in BBS with Disney Town, hints of it in the summons / D-links / Dreameaters.

Of course, it made sense to utilize a series of gorgeous soundtracks like Final Fantasy did with Theatrhythm (which I still occasionally play on my 3DS). And I appreciate the nod to it with those sprites in the opening of the trailer.

As far as fluff goes, I'm fully behind something like this coming to console. It's pressing all the right nostalgia buttons with the graphics too. Ugh, looks precious.

Loveless86

Awards
It wouldn't surprise me if the hooded black coat character at the end of trailer turned out to be ansem, seeker of darkness or terra-xehanort and if the game probably be same as kh ddd. But its just a guess at the moment.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It's really a relief not investing in KH any longer and just overseeing how things go within distance. In this case, I don't know whether to chuckle or not.

I think this is it - the "Kairi" game. I doubt there's going to be much more than that, especially if there are two other slots waiting. It looks like we might get mini-side games like this exploring each group that was mentioned in the Limit Cut. That, or maybe it's not just a Kairi centric game, and those groups are going to be covered here. Didn't the description say it'll have "3 new stories"?

It's just pretty "eh". It looks like the game will have three episodes. That's speculation on my end though. Good to see that big hole of Kairi's past being put to rest however, that was such a weird thing to implant in KHI and not do anything with for years. It makes it feel like they're cleaning up the Xehanort saga.

Also. RIKAI.

Nomura remembered these guys were supposed to know each other, funny that.

Have fun with this one guys, lol.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's really a relief not investing in KH any longer and just overseeing how things go within distance. In this case, I don't know whether to chuckle or not.

I think this is it - the "Kairi" game. I doubt there's going to be much more than that, especially if there are two other slots waiting. It looks like we might get mini-side games like this exploring each group that was mentioned in the Limit Cut. That, or maybe it's not just a Kairi centric game, and those groups are going to be covered here. Didn't the description say it'll have "3 new stories"?

It's just pretty "eh". It looks like the game will have three episodes. That's speculation on my end though. Good to see that big hole of Kairi's past being put to rest however, that was such a weird thing to implant in KHI and not do anything with for years. It makes it feel like they're cleaning up the Xehanort saga.

Also. RIKAI.

Nomura remembered these guys were supposed to know each other, funny that.

Have fun with this one guys, lol.
Oh yeah that's right. Riku and Kairi are finally interacting with each other. That's already one point in this game's favor

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I theorise that Kairi is accessing data/memories/dreams of Sora's adventures and uses that information to track Sora.
Oh, for sure that is 100% the implication. This much Kairi focus must be her inside her heart trying to find clues. Which coincidentally is also partially Sora's heart which explains the KH1 stuff, but doesn't necessarily explain the KH2+ stuff unless their specific connection didn't end when Sora freed Kairi from his heart.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Oh, for sure that is 100% the implication. This much Kairi focus must be her inside her heart trying to find clues. Which coincidentally is also partially Sora's heart which explains the KH1 stuff, but doesn't necessarily explain the KH2+ stuff unless their specific connection didn't end when Sora freed Kairi from his heart.

Ienzo will think of some justification that makes sense in the confines of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Eh, I'll just do what I did last game. Look at some trailers, keep away from discussion, because it gets... ... ... And start looking at the discussion again once I've formed my own opinions. Also for those talking about the assets, I'll pay for the reuse, as long as the game it is used in is good. For me that isn't a major problem, after all there are still 60 dollar ports for one years old game I'd rather be mad about.
Ienzo will think of some justification that makes sense in the confines of the Kingdom Hearts universe.
We already have the Chain of Memories in Sora's heart causing those who knew him to forget about him, I don't think it needs to be too far from what was already established.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I don't want to let everyone's hopes down about the Black Coat, but in Re:coded they hyped up the Black Coat in that for trailers as well, and that just turned out to be Data Riku. Anything is possible here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back