• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So I'm seeing translations of the official website, and it says there will be 4 different "play styles." Now whether that means they're all rhythm based, or the rhythm aspect is just 1 of 4, I don't know.

It might be more accurate to think of them as "modes" rather than "play styles."

YFb9DtX.png

This is a weird scene in particular. Is it depicting BBS? KH3?
Rage Awakened -The Origin- is the BBS arrangement so I'm guessing that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The trailer literally ends with Kairi raising her keyblade to attack... if our worst fears come true that would be a sick joke.
It might be she becomes unlocked as a playable character late in the music gameplay. Maybe the final song is a duel between her & new coated bloke.

darknessofheart

Awards
Not that we didn't know already, but man is Xehanort one messed up guy. I guess we're about to find out how he abducted Kairi while he was an apprentice.

disney233

Awards
The rhythm sections seem like extra content to me. At the same time, this is Nomura we're talking about. He would find a way to integrate a cereal box ad into the Kingdom Hearts story. Gonna be a short game. Can't see it any other way. Kinda shameful for a Kairi game.

Henryp

Awards
The rhythm sections seem like extra content to me. At the same time, this is Nomura we're talking about. He would find a way to integrate a cereal box ad into the Kingdom Hearts story. Gonna be a short game. Can't see it any other way. Kinda shameful for a Kairi game.

I wouldn't mind if it is a short game. It may be as long as one scenario would have been in a shared game, and can come with its own share of side quests, bosses... the thing is, if it ends up having a scenario after all.

darknessofheart

Awards
Makes a lot of sense too. They were going through Kairi's memories, so it seems they finally unlocked her memories.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
How will they tie unlocking Kairi's memories to finding Sora though? That seems like a separate case all together. Unless Sora is magically tied to Kairi's lost memories how is this going to help her search for him?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't get why anyone is surprised that they're pairing the Kairi game with a spinoff. Like, this is the same man that turned relevant a PC browser game, turned its mobile port into something a bit different a repurposed its plot as another season.

And like Sign said, Kairi as we know her cannot carry a standalone KH game. Not as you think you know her, but as the writers know her.

This is honestly no surprise. And if you're being a Betty Downer, good, that's okay. But I'm here excited to finally get some more of the most abandoned iteration of Xehanort: Apprentice 'not

---

How will they tie unlocking Kairi's memories to finding Sora though? That seems like a separate case all together. Unless Sora is magically tied to Kairi's lost memories how is this going to help her search for him?
Like Spock said in another thread: Melody = hearts in tune

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's a rhythm game with cutscenes, not really a tough concept. The game is the game they showed. There isn't some secret other game hidden in a full rhythm game with 140 tracks and 4 modes.

Idk Nomura is a wild man. I can easily imagine an short action combat game ala 0.2’s length within a rhythm game.

Henryp

Awards
It's a rhythm game with cutscenes, not really a tough concept. The game is the game they showed. There isn't some secret other game hidden in a full rhythm game with 140 tracks and 4 modes.

I agree with you, mostly. The thing that makes everything more complicated is the Kairi scenes in UE4. It can be a scenario, it can be just the ending, it can be just cutscenes trough the game...

Henryp

Awards
I don't get why anyone is surprised that they're pairing the Kairi game with a spinoff. Like, this is the same man that turned relevant a PC browser game, turned its mobile port into something a bit different a repurposed its plot as another season.

And like Sign said, Kairi as we know her cannot carry a standalone KH game. Not as you think you know her, but as the writers know her.

This is honestly no surprise. And if you're being a Betty Downer, good, that's okay. But I'm here excited to finally get some more of the most abandoned iteration of Xehanort: Apprentice 'not

For me, it is not a surprised and Im all for the spin-off. It is just I hope the Kairi part gets to shine on its own part, even if briefly, and not be like "Kairi gets a cutscene, and then we jump into Sora having fun with Ariel under the rhythm of Under the Sea"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back