• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory English Website Opens

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No, because the kairi storyline is tacked on, basically filler. The draw of the game is the music, it's a rhythm game first and foremost.
Gotta have to agree with this.
The main draw of the game is supposed to be the very rich library of quality Shimomura songs from all across the series, everything else is just icing on the cake, especially when considering the general audience.

The story bits are probably just there because Nomura literally cannot bear it to have no connection to the overarching main story at all.

I still remember, back when Ux was just a japanese-only browser game with cards, there was a time where it was stated/advertised that this game wouldn't have any bearing on the actual main series.
A little later then there was a little backtracking on that and it was said a certain passage of the Book of Prophecies would be indeed important for the main series.
Then Unchained X the phone game came and suddenly it became most important to the main series....then with the switch to Union X suddenly already existing characters, starting with Ventus, began to apppear.
I'm to this day not sure if that all was a very good idea.

So I'll welcome it if the actual story impact of MoM remains assessable and limited in scope.

GreyouTT

Awards
No, because the kairi storyline is tacked on, basically filler. The draw of the game is the music, it's a rhythm game first and foremost.
Honestly I'm not expecting anything more than:

- "We have to find Sora!"

- Memoy fragments go haywire and form an end boss made of Kairi's trauma.

- "We found Sora!"

- To be continued in Shibuya

- Special credits level where we play a remix of Calling.

That last one's a stretch but dammit I want it.

Back