• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Manga in the US is dead :(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastlycool

Sadly, after waiting so long for the Kingdom Hearts 2 vol. 3 Manga to come out, it is official Kingdom Hearts manga in the US is no more. Today it is official Tokyopop (or how ever you spell it) is shutting down in the US. They said that after 14 years they are putting up the hat, but they are happy that they helped the US manga revolution. Even though the space between manga novels was becoming very inconsistent all hope of the third installment in the Kingdom Hearts 2 series, as well as any other series of Kingdom Hearts manga, is gone. Unless some other manga company was to pick up the Kingdom Hearts license (which is very unlikely) there is no more Kingdom Hearts manga.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In all honesty, most people had given up on localization after Tokyopop announced years ago that they lost the license and had no intention of trying to renew it, or working with Disney again for that matter.

Maxyli138

It's a shame, but I've stopped expecting them to publish the Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 3 manga in the U.S. long ago. I got tired of waiting.

k99y77

Awards
i hated the KH manga it wasn't really that good anyways, whats the point in reading a story if it was already made as a video game?

zero123

^ I don't think that should apply to well....anything really. It's kinda like saying "What's the point of watching Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, they were books first after all."

I for one enjoyed the manga a lot. It didn't follow the story as well as it could have, but I enjoyed the humor in it.

k99y77

Awards
^ I don't think that should apply to well....anything really. It's kinda like saying "What's the point of watching Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, they were books first after all."

I for one enjoyed the manga a lot. It didn't follow the story as well as it could have, but I enjoyed the humor in it.
because books are boring they don't have alot of action in them, and whats so funny about the KH manga's humor anyways? characters make silly faces for simple mistakes?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
because books are boring they don't have alot of action in them, and whats so funny about the KH manga's humor anyways? characters make silly faces for simple mistakes?

The gags, primarily. I don't think anyone reads them for the KH plot or action anyways, since it's obvious they won't be getting them.

zero123

Dunno what books are you reading, and saying "books are boring" seems like an elementary thing to say :\

What's funny about humor? I'm very sure that makes no sense.

k99y77

Awards
^ i meant books are empty with action, and ignore the rest it was a mistake my laptop sucks. :frown:

Last edited:

zero123

A lot of it is dry humor if I can remember. I guess it's not everyone's thing.

Sakulily

About there being no more Kingdom Hearts Manga, that was to be expected really considering how long the wait was.

I was not aware of Tokyopop shutting down though, what a shame.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I lost hope when I went to Barnes and Noble last year and they told me that KH II Vol. 3 was supposed to come out last December. I didn't like how the manga rushed through so many worlds, and sometimes its annoying how it tried to make jokes out of everything. However, I have to admit that the manga wasn't horrible, it had its fair share of jokes and it wasn't horrible.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`m a little disappointed. I liked the humor in the manga. I kind of guessed another wasn't going to come out after such a long wait.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
lol I thought that it was announced that the Kingdom Hearts manga wasn't going to be continued a long time ago. It's more of a shock to me that Tokyopop is closing down here since I remember that all of the manga I had was published by them.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
For those wanting to read it, I do believe forum member goldpanner has provided translations on Heartstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back