• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts IV and Missing-Link officially announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly, this was what I was thinking. He and Eraqus passed on into Quadratum. They've found their friends and are living a pretty chill life being reborn in Quadratum. It would be a nice send off for them all after Dark Road.

Oh dang, I think this is highly likely now.

Also, if the Scala kids ended up there, it would explain why Young Xehanort knew what would happen to Sora. And why Yen Sid said Xehanort was aware of Quadratum for some time in MoM. Things are starting to come together now.

Icedragonaaa

Awards
admittedly I never played union cross. I tried to play it briefly when it was an html5 game. anyway missing link looks really cool. im also really curious what engine it uses. it looks like it could easily run on switch and at the same time corona looks really good in missing link. I think this looks really cool. at the same time it doesn't look like the exposition dumps are ever going to end for kingdom hearts games. it was cool when kingdom hearts chain of memories did it. mainly because the gba game really took advantage of the hardware. I guess mobile is the new portable console of the day but Ill always prefer portable consoles with built in controllers like the vita or the switch.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I don’t get the ability to summon Grogu to eat the heartless and do backflips then what’s the point of Kingdom Hearts 4!? 😔
KH4 should be cancelled if there is no Grogu.
I just realized that Repliku could return in Quadratum
This is actually what made me consider Xehanort and his friends. I thought about how he could be alive in Quadratum and then it snowballed. I feel like this is the perfect place to just have a bunch of dead or assumed to be dead characters chillin’.

Cooper Newton

Awards
I have several thoughts regarding what has been shown off in the anniversary trailer:
  • Do you think, based on what has been revealed about Missing-Link so far, that the entire story will be released at the same time, or will it be gradual story updates? I hope it is the former, but the latter seems more likely to pass the time between now and the release of Kingdom Hearts IV.
  • Speaking of Kingdom Hearts IV, I think the game will be released in 2024. This is coming from somebody with no knowledge of game engines and game development, so I’m going to say late 2024-early 2025 is the earliest we could see the game being released.
  • I personally hope that Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Xion, Lea, and Namine are in Kingdom Hearts IV just for the sake of having those characters be in the game (with voice acting for those characters). I will acknowledge that they don’t have to play a big role in the plot, just a couple of scenes of them moving the plot regarding the Lost Masters in the Realm of Light forward while Sora is off in Quadratum. I will also acknowledge that this approach I am suggesting may compound further issues involving those characters that people have expressed (the writing of the female characters, Lea not being an interesting character, etc.).
  • If that is Endor in the trailer (and personally I don’t think it is), I wouldn’t mind Star Wars showing up. I understand the issues people would have with Star Wars being included, but I think I am confident Nomura and co. will find a way to integrate it into the Kingdom Hearts mythology without creating a whole slew of contradictions (using parallel universes as an explanation).
What are your thoughts about these ideas I have?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I just assumed Repliku was deader-than-dead at this point. To me, it seemed like he didn't even want to be brought back in 3? Or was it just they weren't able to do for him what they did for Roxas, Xion, and Namine (the whole cyborg bodies, lol)? I'd love if he was brought back at some point.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I like how so many people have an issue with Star Wars being in KH, usually citing the multiple planets and such, while we already had Lilo and Stitch represented. That too would have multiple planets just by the plot. If they had a Treasure Planet world it would have the same "issue".

Santa canonically visits multiple worlds/planets in KH. There are multiple Londons and Frances of different time periods coexisting. Why would Star Wars be a stretch of the imagination? Lol.

On top of that, it isn't like Star Wars is really that high on a list of well plotted out/lore filled universes. It's always been a popcorn flick franchise riding on the coattails of more original ideas. It wouldn't exist without the John Carter or Dune books having been heavily influential before them. Might get a little hate for it, but "blaspheming" Star Wars isn't a crime of some monumental proportions. Them having a world in KH isn't some horrible thing that'll ruin either franchise. It isn't any more of a crime to adapt Star Wars than it is to adapt anything they already have.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have several thoughts regarding what has been shown off in the anniversary trailer:
  • Do you think, based on what has been revealed about Missing-Link so far, that the entire story will be released at the same time, or will it be gradual story updates? I hope it is the former, but the latter seems more likely to pass the time between now and the release of Kingdom Hearts IV.
  • Speaking of Kingdom Hearts IV, I think the game will be released in 2024. This is coming from somebody with no knowledge of game engines and game development, so I’m going to say late 2024-early 2025 is the earliest we could see the game being released.
  • I personally hope that Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Xion, Lea, and Namine are in Kingdom Hearts IV just for the sake of having those characters be in the game (with voice acting for those characters). I will acknowledge that they don’t have to play a big role in the plot, just a couple of scenes of them moving the plot regarding the Lost Masters in the Realm of Light forward while Sora is off in Quadratum. I will also acknowledge that this approach I am suggesting may compound further issues involving those characters that people have expressed (the writing of the female characters, Lea not being an interesting character, etc.).
  • If that is Endor in the trailer (and personally I don’t think it is), I wouldn’t mind Star Wars showing up. I understand the issues people would have with Star Wars being included, but I think I am confident Nomura and co. will find a way to integrate it into the Kingdom Hearts mythology without creating a whole slew of contradictions (using parallel universes as an explanation).
What are your thoughts about these ideas I have?
It’ll be updated for Missing-Link. It’s a mobile game with pretty clear gacha mechanics ala the character trophies.

2 quid is good

Awards
I like how so many people have an issue with Star Wars being in KH, usually citing the multiple planets and such, while we already had Lilo and Stitch represented. That too would have multiple planets just by the plot. If they had a Treasure Planet world it would have the same "issue".

Santa canonically visits multiple worlds/planets in KH. There are multiple Londons and Frances of different time periods coexisting. Why would Star Wars be a stretch of the imagination? Lol.

On top of that, it isn't like Star Wars is really that high on a list of well plotted out/lore filled universes. It's always been a popcorn flick franchise riding on the coattails of more original ideas. It wouldn't exist without the John Carter or Dune books having been heavily influential before them. Might get a little hate for it, but "blaspheming" Star Wars isn't a crime of some monumental proportions. Them having a world in KH isn't some horrible thing that'll ruin either franchise. It isn't any more of a crime to adapt Star Wars than it is to adapt anything they already have.
I'm just a hater man, I don't have a solid reason

Sonofjafar

Awards
I still say the best way to integrate Star Wars into Kingdom Hearts is to make it a world that exists somewhere in time ala Timeless River. I’m thinking the future considering we’ve already Time travelled to the past. If you really think about it, Jedi are just sci fi keyblade masters

Chie

Awards
Is it weird that I don't really want to see most of the returning cast? They already didn't really do much in KH3 which was about their return, and them appearing now would just be some more scenes in the KH3 sets where Yen Sid tells them to go look for Sora somewhere that won't actually matter or effect anything, and to me that is doing them way less justice than just having them assumed to be hanging out offscreen.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Everyone is assuming that Quadratum is the afterlife, but Strelitzia makes it clear that its "sort of" an afterlife for her and Sora. I don't think we are gonna run into old friends.

2 quid is good

Awards
I hope Yen Sid dies.

NO actually that would mean he could turn up in Quadratum urgh. I hope he's in like Disney purgatory then

Cooper Newton

Awards
It’ll be updated for Missing-Link. It’s a mobile game with pretty clear gacha mechanics ala the character trophies.
Sorry for coming off a bit oblivious. Yes, I am aware that Missing-Link is obviously going to be a gacha game. What I think I was trying to get at is if the entire story will be released when Missing-Link will launch, like what they're doing with the rest of Dark Road. I do think that there will be story updates like Union X [cross] so that we have something to tide us over for Kingdom Hearts IV's release. But, given the fact the game will seemingly have voice acting akin to the main games in the series, I was thinking they would release the whole story in one fell swoop.

the red monster

Awards
Sorry for coming off a bit oblivious. Yes, I am aware that Missing-Link is obviously going to be a gacha game. What I think I was trying to get at is if the entire story will be released when Missing-Link will launch, like what they're doing with the rest of Dark Road. I do think that there will be story updates like Union X [cross] so that we have something to tide us over for Kingdom Hearts IV's release. But, given the fact the game will seemingly have voice acting akin to the main games in the series, I was thinking they would release the whole story in one fell swoop.
hmm, no? dark road was released in episodes.
we just getting the final chapters at once this time around.

Back