• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC! Releasing March 30 exclusively on the Epic Games Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I guarantee you that it will be exactly the same as the other "exclusive" keys, I'm sure it's just another skin. It's cooler looking, I grant you, but I'm also sure you'll be able to buy it on your home console as DLC in a year.
So I have to pay for something that PC players get for free, while they also get everything else I paid full price for cheaper!?
Were you this upset by the Xbox One exclusive Keyblade or the ones that were pre-order only???

I'm actually writing something about this...

I think the future is in flux. Either they will announce future games as multiplatform or they will do the initial release, then a PC port later on down the line.
I was upset about KH going onto XBox and not being a PS exclusive. I had my meltdown over that when it was announced and only just recovered from that trauma. This is now reopening old wounds. If KH goes onto SWiTCH, I don't know if I will survive.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So I have to pay for something that PC players get for free, while they also get everything else I paid full price for cheaper!?

I was upset about KH going onto XBox and not being a PS exclusive. I had my meltdown over that when it was announced and only just recovered from that trauma. This is now reopening old wounds. If KH goes onto SWiTCH, I don't know if I will survive.
Trauma? It's a video game series. It's a bunch of polygons and pixels. There's nothing wrong with people who game on PC or Xbox being able to enjoy the series that you have enjoyed. Let them have their fun, it doesn't actually harm you at all.

Ok I'm guessing EGS wasn't the best place to put the series considering how a buncha people would've preferred Steam
Yeah, Steam seems to always be the platform of choice but I always thought that if the series were to come to PC, it'd come via Epic due to Square Enix's support of Unreal Engine 4 and the Epic Support Staff assisting throughout KH3's development.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Listen, I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally but I assure you that it's not that bad. It's a useless Keyblade that's a gesture of good faith. You're not entitled to it. You are not a better fan because you have a Playstation. I'm sorry if this is something that you tie your worth and identity to, but it's not real. Someday, all those things, the consoles and computers, are going to be dust in a landfill, and you'll have moved on to something else and these will be memories. You're ruining those memories for nothing.

pastel.goblin

Awards
Ooooh, wasn't expecting this. I'm not much of a PC player myself but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the mods that come from this

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Trauma? It's a video game series. It's a bunch of polygons and pixels. There's nothing wrong with people who game on PC or Xbox being able to enjoy the series that you have enjoyed. Let them have their fun, it doesn't actually harm you at all.

Yeah, Steam seems to always be the platform of choice but I always thought that if the series were to come to PC, it'd come via Epic due to Square Enix's support of Unreal Engine 4 and the Epic Support Staff assisting throughout KH3's development.
Listen, I'm not sure why you're taking it so personally but I assure you that it's not that bad. It's a useless Keyblade that's a gesture of good faith. You're not entitled to it. You are not a better fan because you have a Playstation. I'm sorry if this is something that you tie your worth and identity to, but it's not real. Someday, all those things, the consoles and computers, are going to be dust in a landfill, and you'll have moved on to something else and these will be memories. You're ruining those memories for nothing.
I'm a fan of the series. I have been for more than half of my life. This is a premeditated assault intended to make those who are not privileged (like me) without a $1000+ PC system and money to spend on all the games to suffer. The PC gamers will get the mods and the memories and the exclusive keyblades. What am I left with? Nothing, but pain, anguish, betrayal, and an endless abyss of sorrow knowing that loyalty means nothing in 2021. We deserve the new keyblade, not alienation and disparagement.

Awards
It makes a lot of sense it being an Epic Exclusive since KH3 was made in UE4 and they got additional help from Epic. The relationship is already there plus Squade gets more money from Epic percentage wise (revenue share) than they would with Steam and they get an even better deal with KH3 since it's an unreal engine game. Also if you use a creator code with your purchase your favorite epic Creators (typically fortnite players) get a commission. This also for the consumer means if the exclusive ends it will get a heavily slashed price on Epic right before it ends and Steam has to launch it on sale to counter the fact that many pc users will have it and it'll be on sale on epic. This happened with both Borderlands 3 and Metro Exodous. Also maybe this relationship will lead to fortnite or rocket league collaborations in the future (though I play neither) which can bring new users to the genre. I just wish now they would give us a 358/2 remake with multiplayer and multiplayer for BBS since we have the capabilities now. Only thing that interests me about Steam is the Linux support and steam link to my Samsung tvs. Really excited for this though. Also the prices are pretty reasonable considering it's a completely new platform and not surprising at all considering all of Squares other pc ports. Hoping for switch next. Also really looking forward to seeing streamers play it for the first time and what the modding community does with it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm a fan of the series. I have been for more than half of my life. This is a premeditated assault intended to make those who are not privileged (like me) without a $1000+ PC system and money to spend on all the games to suffer. The PC gamers will get the mods and the memories and the exclusive keyblades. What am I left with? Nothing, but pain, anguish, betrayal, and an endless abyss of sorrow knowing that loyalty means nothing in 2021. We deserve the new keyblade, not alienation and disparagement.
It's not an attack nor a betrayal. With how the gaming landscape has developed this is simply a logical move, to expand the userbase and make the game more accessible. Someone else getting something you already got does not take away from you. We fans don't have to own every release.

And the exclisive keyblade is a pointless reskin that adds nothing of value to the game. No one is really missing out without these dlc keyblades. They don't even have oroginal designs.

Mods are just a potential side effect of the platform not something Square Enix intended. From what I hear the store they are selling through will likely make modding a pain so it might be more muted than expected.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Jesus Christ, shut up you idiot. Mods are a fan created thing that Square has no control or involvement over & the exclusive keyblade is a novelty at best, not like they're making Ultima or Oblivion platform exclusive. It's the same games you've already played on your console of choice, you missed out on nothing of actual consequence.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

You're joking, surely?

LoneFox

Awards
Another good part about this? More blind playthroughs.
And non-blind ones. I really hope that at least one of the actually good youtube/twitch gamers (AltimaMantoid, BigMacDavis, Descentfreak1032, LightningBoltForever, Seriouscacodemon, TheWolfArokh) picks them up.

I believe you are grossly overestimating its hardware requirements. The game was originally designed for the PS4, which is essentially the same technology as a mid-range PC from about 8 years ago. Changes are, you already have something at least comparable to that.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking how well it will run on my current Windows computer, which is mostly from year 2008...

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
If your initial reaction to other systems getting the game you like is negative because it's not only yours anymore, then you frankly don't deserve much of anything. It's such an incredibly selfish, obnoxious and melodramatic response to opening the series up to new players and possibilities, that I want to believe you're just hamming it up. But being somewhat familiar with some of your other posts, I have to assume you're serious.

"The PC gamers will get the memories"? What does that even mean? Your memories? They're not snatching something away from you, they get to make their own memories by experiencing it for the first time. Mods aren't something essential to the experience, nice as some of them will be, and the exclusive Keyblade is literally a reskin of another Keyblade, which will function combat-wise just as its twin and the Star Seeker recolours do: i.e. it'll have Second Form -insert initial here- as its Formchange with maybe slightly different stats and nothing else. You aren't missing much by not having it, certainly nothing worth making such a fuss over, and anything you're "suffering" from is purely self-induced.
Also, half of the original games' releases were on Nintendo handhelds, since Chain of Memories; coveting PS exclusivity is something long since dead.

But onto the actual topic: I'm pretty excited for this! The price is rough, to be sure, and while I would prefer to have them on Steam with the rest of my games, I'm not surprised or wholly against it being exclusive to and buying from EGS. Though I am aware of some of their faults, and the problems that a great many people have with them. Part of me wants to wait and see if they ever move to Steam, but another part of me wants to just bite the bullet and at least buy 1.5+II.5, which is the only one aside from MoM that I'm confident my computer could run. Maybe the other games, but I'm somewhat doubtful. But it's also the one I don't mind paying the price for; I'd prefer to wait for a sale or price drop for the rest.

Mods I'm eager to see are honestly quality-of-life ones, and ones that fix some of the things that Square hasn't over the years, like the 1.5+II.5 missing audio bugs. A toggle between 30FPS and 60FPS would be nice for people who don't mind or prefer the former, though I question how easy or hard it would be to do. I'd also be only too happy to see someone re-insert Roxas' KH2 battle quotes, and swap the Absent Silhouette English battle quotes for their Japanese ones (which is my personal preference). I wonder if the 2FM randomizer could be easily converted to function with this PC port?

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
Is this a permanent exclusivity or is it possible that they'd eventually sell it physically and/or over other market places?
Personally I believe its a timed exclusive, I just don't see why square enix would alienate a majority of pc gamers now that KH is on PC

KH is on PC... Its weird to say

Skateboards in KH3 for Twilight Town
yeAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Even better if we can get be cool, wild and groovy playing in the background

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You are having a literal breakdown over a release of a game that makes the series more accessible to people. You aren’t owed anything, my dude.

Why would you need to even spend that much on a computer? These games will run just fine on your average PC. You are grossly overestimating the sort of PC build you’d need to run the games on.

The game is probably going to have all sorts of anti-piracy crap on it that will make it an absolute pain to mod. Mods are fan-made, not something sanctioned by SE. People have already been ripping and messing around with the games for years now on their own computers by fiddling with the code for fun. SE nor Disney are going to outright allow people to mod KH, a Disney game intended for children. We just know that it’ll happen because nothing remains uncracked these days.

Seriously, what is going on with you? This isn’t some attack against you. This is meant to make the series more accessible for millions of people who wouldn’t be able to play KH otherwise. It’s not that serious. You aren’t getting left out of something (besides the audio which is a valid complaint and something worth addressing). You haven’t been cheated out of money. You don’t even have to buy these games. If you really feel that you need them, you can literally wait for the price to drop or for it to go onto Steam next year (or whenever their exclusivity deal ends).

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I honestly worry about the wellbeing of the KH fanbase if the series doesn't get an unambiguous, happy and neatly comforting ending.

I'd port Kingdom Hearts to my Omron blood pressure monitor if it meant more exposure and a bigger budget for the next game. Imagine being traumatised by the end of Sony's (dubious) gatekeeping role for the series. I thought console factionalism faded with the onset of puberty.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Now the technical questions:
- more save slots in kh3? Ability to switch back to remind episode from a limit cut save so that we do not waste 3 slots for one playthrough?
- real hd cinematics for chain of memories, days and re:coded or still the ugly upscaled 720p?
The pre-recorded cutscenes won't be improved. If they didn't do it during the multiple ports (and exports in the case of 358 and coded) then it's unlikely they're going to do it now.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
There's a twitter user whom I can't recall the name of that makes high quality UE4 maps of older Kingdom Hearts settings, like Traverse Town. Imagine running around there in KH3, hearing Hand in Hand all over again. Imagine instant Keyblade switching, no more half second of lag when you want to switch your weapon mid-combo, now you can be as stylish and improvisational as you want without dropping your combo. Imagine the character mods, be it playable, boss, or team. Sulley vs Vanitas. Going through the game as KH2 Sora. Drive forms in cutscenes. Relocating Data Battles to unique arenas. Modded Keyblades. Day/Night mods for different worlds.

If your head isn't spinning with the possibilities, who are you?

Back