• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III: The IGN Concept

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

trixchasin

this is just some fun reading. none of this is official. this is a link to a KH feature that
video game and entertainment website IGN put out today. basically one of the playstation
editors, ryan clements talks about the series and maybe where he'd like to see it go
in the future. read, enjoy, and share your thoughts. :)

IGN: Kingdom Hearts III: The IGN Concept

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
Just about to post this, Deffinetly an enjoyable read. They pretty much nailed exactly what I would hope for in KHIII. I think that making the game a little darker and ensureing that there is closure is PERFECT.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The best way to approach the third Kingdom Hearts would be to set it at least a few years into the future, if not further. The dramatic -- but still believable -- jump in time from the first game to the second game helped mature the story and coax more adult themes out of the characters, so jumping forward in time again would be the best natural step for the series.
As the story and world evolve in the Kingdom Hearts series, so do the characters. Seeing the dramatic change in Sora's character was one of the highlights of Kingdom Hearts II, but he needs to grow up even more if he's to properly reflect the character development of the first two games.

Also, we need to see a real romance blossom between Sora and Kairi. It's what everyone wants, right? It can retain its innocent flair, but I'd like to see their relationship take a step forward.

lmao

UnstoppableSound

Regarding this guy's theory...

PROS
  • The idea of making Goofy and Donald (or any potential party members) much more useful and interactive
  • Less useless Disney bullcrap and much more deep original story implemented
  • Sora and Kairi's relationship taken to the next level (that's for all those fools who want some homosexual relationship to develop between Sora and Riku...idiots)
  • A harder, less button-mash reliable game with and enchanced battle system
  • A series finale with a strong cast of villains that aid to make the game a deeper/darker setting

CONS
  • This guy pretty much just states a bunch of general points, without giving enough specific detail. Sure we all want the game go become a more enticing and developed sequel, but how?
  • If he was in charge of the Kingdom Hearts III development team, the game would be a dark, gothic, and barely bright game filled with..I don't know...gore?
  • How many times does he say maturity? It's not all about that. Sure it would be great if they aged a little and the story got a little deeper and darker, but not to the point of Sora having a beard.
  • The pictures made me want to vomit. If those are what he had in his mind regarding Kingdom Hearts III, I hope he has NOTHING to do with the creation process
  • Eradicating Disney is not going to help. There is an abundance, but you can't expect them to not have a bunch of different Disney places to visit. They do, however, need to integrate the Disney storylines into the main storyline better so that yeah, we don't end up waiting for the next real plot scene to pop up instead of some useless Ariel moment

In the end though, it's not bad all-around. But I don't agree with a lot of it. One of my favorite points was how the game shouldn't be "Walk->Cutscene->Take two steps-> Cutscene->Battle->Cutscene", there was way too much of that in Kingdom Hearts II. One important thing I believe he missed was that the worlds should be MUCH longer. They seemed to small and inadequate, they really need to grow. It was a good read though, I'm glad people are thinking a little along the lines of what I am when it comes to this...not to sound like I am the master and should create the next one, but there aren't many people who agree with me. Thanks for the post dude.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Personally, I felt it was a great read. There were things about it that I disagreed with, but I DID agree with quite abit of it.

State

Awards
It was worthy a reading... If you were downloading a large file that it.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
[*]Sora and Kairi's relationship taken to the next level (that's for all those fools who want some homosexual relationship to develop between Sora and Riku...idiots)

AHAHAHA

you realize that there is more SoRi than SoKai, right?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Or maybe we could have none of the relationships bump up to any level?
I like being able to pair people myself, without certain couples being forced down my throat.

State

Awards
AHAHAHA

Like me. <3 SoRi.
Anywho, that guy needs to go to a party or something. He did that like in a couple of minutes. He even skipped some plot points.

Theart

Awards
AHAHAHA

More fans or more evidence? I'd agree to more fans, but there is more evidence to SoKai than the godforsaken pairing which spurred from the burning pits of Hell known as SoRi. Yeah, I said it. LOLZ

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Or maybe we could have none of the relationships bump up to any level?
I like being able to pair people myself, without certain couples being forced down my throat.

Exactly.

That's the joy of it. SoKai (and SoRi, SoNami, etc.) are all HINTED at, but it's up to the player to decide which carries more weight.

EDIT: Divide&Conquer

refer to this

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
Stephen Butts says: The original Kingdom Hearts is the reason I bought a PS2. It had a strong story, an inventive approach to merging both franchises and a simple but flexible combat system. They weren't able to maintain those elements for the sequel, but if they can bring them back (and lose the tedious intro levels and pointless Gummi ship sequences), I'll be buying a PS3.
i agree with the crappy tutorial levels (although Destiny Islands was 10 times better than Twilight Town), but the gummi ships definitely did get better in KH2. not perfected, but way more interesting and way more worth spending time playing around with.

A classic dilemma that arose in the Kingdom Hearts formula was the scattered, almost nonsensical pacing of hopping from world to world. If Sora was trying to find his friends, why is he fighting in a tournament or helping Aerial play an underwater song? I understand that visiting the various Disney worlds is a fundamental feature in the Kingdom Hearts experience, but an overarching conflict or goal needs to tie these chapters together.
while i always felt this, i never knew quite how to express it. KH did a better job at this since there was the hope that Riku or Kairi might be in any world, but the story would be much better if the content of the different worlds were somehow connected.

I suggest offering players a choice at the beginning of the game: use an action system that borrows from the intense, skill-based mechanics of such classics as Devil May Cry (and totally abandon the menus) or use the incredibly addictive card-based system from the Chain of Memories titles.
ummmmm..........NO!!! WTF!?! the numbered game of the series need to have related combat-systems, so the card system is out. but what is so wrong with the battle menu anyway? that is just simple RPG roots right there that need to be kept.

And if mini-games are to be implemented, they should be well thought out and engaging.
True. I ignored every mini-game in KH2, but most of them were great in the first KH.

kingdom-hearts-iii-the-ign-concept-20090728050653643.jpg
1. that isn't even a good Goofy drawing.
2. his outfit/weapons look like crap.
3. (and the important one) Goofy, by Disney rules, is only allowed to have a shield. no actual ''weapons'' are allowed because it would promote violence.

also, those Heartless/Nobody concept images look like fan art. just....bad.

(below) the other Goofy drawing looks ridiculous and so do both of the donald images.

IGN: Kingdom Hearts III: The IGN Concept Pictures 2940962
IGN: Kingdom Hearts III: The IGN Concept Pictures 2940963
IGN: Kingdom Hearts III: The IGN Concept Pictures 2940964

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah, the pictures are pretty ass. If Kingdom Hearts 3 looked anything like that I'd probably take a shit on the disc. :|

Jfighter

I agree with a few parts. Donald and Goofy need more use than just keeping enemies busy and stealing your kills. The worlds need to be more inter-related in the storyline. The gameplay needs to be adjusted, but not as radically as IGN proposed. Not sure about the whole jump a few years into the future and make it all dark, serious, and gothy, because that just does not work with the previous games, to COMPLETELY change the style (BBS is supposed to make a slight step in this direction, though). I agree that it needs good minigames, that you can actually find. If it wasn't for guides, I never would have known that Deep Jungle had minigames open up (still haven't tried them). So, I agree with a few points, absolutely hate the rest.

Theart

Awards
Exactly.

That's the joy of it. SoKai (and SoRi, SoNami, etc.) are all HINTED at, but it's up to the player to decide which carries more weight.

EDIT: Divide&Conquer

refer to this

Angel, you can believe what you want But I simply DO NOT believe in the yaoi pairings. Just where I personally stand on the matter.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
The only thing I hope for KH3 is that the story is darker, more antagonists, no gummi ships, and none of that HORRIBLE fan art to be used. I also hope for the worlds to be connected, storywise, and think of better minigame ideas. Also, not to make the game a pure button masher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back