• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Riku playable

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutchi

What do you guys think will happen, Riku as a team-member or parts of the game were you play him instead of Sora or even to possiblity to swtich between Sora or Riku at any time ? And you think to same will apply for Kairi?

brookekh

I doubt we will be able to switch between Sora and Riku at any time, although I would personally love to be able to do that. I think he will be a party member in parts of the game and playable at some points, but not freely. It'll be as we progress through the plot.

Rael_Oblivion

I think the most likely scenario will be having parts of the game where we play as him instead of Sora. Switching back and forth at any time or having him in the party doesn't make much sense because they'll be doing different things, according to Nomura. This is assuming that he's playable at all, of course. I'm really hoping he is but not confident. (KH II was a letdown in that regard after CoM)

Echoecho6

Awards
gosh I hope not! But we most likely will play as Riku at some point in the game, same goes for Kiari tbh

brookekh

I think the most likely scenario will be having parts of the game where we play as him instead of Sora. Switching back and forth at any time or having him in the party doesn't make much sense because they'll be doing different things, according to Nomura. This is assuming that he's playable at all, of course. I'm really hoping he is but not confident. (KH II was a letdown in that regard after CoM)

Agreed. Although, I do think (more like I hope) he will be a party member in the "final battle", per say, as he has been in the past. It would be interesting to be able to switch as the plot goes along.

Anagram

Banned
I wouldn't mind each character getting a playable segment of the story or final battle but as for full blown scenarios no. I'm tired of those. They make it a repetitive experience.

Last edited:

SephirothZ

Well if anyone besides Sora then give them the Reverse/Rebirth treatment as a post-game bonus.

Things like Reverse/Rebirth only belong in side games in my opinion. I would not like to finish one story all the way through, know how it all ends, then start over from the very beginning with a different character. I personally think the game should be 80% Sora, then it will switch to Riku and maybe another character like Kairi every so often as you progress through the story... just to check in on them and see what they are doing. Remember, this is a series about Sora, Nomura has made that very clear throughout the years.

Xeyril

I think that maybe a multiple-party thing would be interesting, where you play as one party, and after you get to a certain point in the game, switch to a different party. Not freely switching between them or restarting the whole game. And the parties could be like SDG, Riku and Mickey, maybe Kairi and Lea, stuff like that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Roxas as an extention of Sora, Mickey as a last resort in specific areas, and Riku wasn't a fully playable character, you controlled Riku alonside Sora at the same time.

You play as Riku in the final battle against Xemnas.

They are still three instances of not playing "exclusively" as Sora in a numbered game. That was my point.

Larxene012

Banned
and i'm clarifying now what i mean by exclusively (as in 90% of the game). Kairi will most likely be temporarily playable.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora and Riku don't play differently at all, though. Outside of some abilities, general gameplay simply doesn't change. It'd be a waste of dev time better spent on more content, such as enemies, worlds, bosses, and other shit.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I kind of think that it's likely that all the guardians of light will be playable briefly in the final battle. Similar to Riku in the battle against Xemnas.

Anagram

Banned
Sora and Riku don't play differently at all, though. Outside of some abilities, general gameplay simply doesn't change. It'd be a waste of dev time better spent on more content, such as enemies, worlds, bosses, and other shit.

Yet another reason I'd rather never have scenarios ever again.

Sdog

Awards
I kind of think that it's likely that all the guardians of light will be playable briefly in the final battle. Similar to Riku in the battle against Xemnas.

I find this the most believable. Seems right that everyone gets a good last swing at the big man causing all their respective torment.

As for Riku I'd honestly love to go through a world as him with Mickey as you progress through the plot. Maybe more realistically an episode in a New Game + fashion or side mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back