• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

disney233

Awards
I mean Riku's comment could be reduced to his lack of knowledge of the keyblade (although reality is that Nomura didn't expect a sequel and/or didn't think about whether there should be only one keyblade master). However, I do think that he was thinking of other keyblade wielders possibly existing as Triton obviously knew about others that were not Sora and Leon knew about the keyblade, so there had to have been other wielders besides Sora. On top of all of that, Mickey has a keyblade at the end of KH1.

I think the only people I'm mad at having a keyblade out of the current lineup is Axel. He was just SO much better with the chakram and I personally find his keyblade ugly and uninspired.

The new keyblade masters that are the villains (Foretellers), I'm hoping a significant number of them are wiped out in the side-game before KHIV (kinda like CoM cleansing Organization XIII before KH2). That will allow a reduction in keyblade wielders and Nomura just needs to stop with giving everyone a keyblade. I mean, it really makes me question why Axel got one, but Donald and Goofy didn't. NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO, but the in-game logic is off. Axel got one by being heroic? So what do Donald and Goofy do?
Keep in mind that half the people given Keyblades got them in ways that don't make sense or....just there.

Has Riku always had the keyblade? Like....how did the Soul Eater transform into the Way of the Dawn? Has it always been a Keyblade? Secondly..............K A I R I. She....touches Aqua's Keyblade by accident and her light JUST allows her to weild one? Keep in mind that her Keyblade was HAND-BASKETED BY RIKU OUT OF NOWHERE. Just like Lea, I still don't understand how these two got a Keyblade. The process seems so....underdeveloped. It just makes no sense anymore.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Keep in mind that half the people given Keyblades got them in ways that don't make sense or....just there.

Has Riku always had the keyblade? Like....how did the Soul Eater transform into the Way of the Dawn? Has it always been a Keyblade? Secondly..............K A I R I. She....touches Aqua's Keyblade by accident and her light JUST allows her to weild one? Keep in mind that her Keyblade was HAND-BASKETED BY RIKU OUT OF NOWHERE. Just like Lea, I still don't understand how these two got a Keyblade. The process seems so....underdeveloped. It just makes no sense anymore.

It sucks that the explanation is only in an interview from days past, but Riku still has the power of a Keyblade wielder despite not having a Keyblade of his own. At some point during his journey between CoM/Days and the latter half of KH2, Riku proved his worth again and by using Soul Eater as a conduit, he was able to summon Way to the Dawn.

Kairi is more confusing since she never once is given an explanation of how her Keyblade comes about, but it is theorized that it was coming to her in that moment when she is trying to get to Sora in TWTNW but Riku takes it before it reached her and he hands it off. As for her getting the power to wield, yeah that was bullshit. So just touching somebody with a Keyblade can result in wielding one of one proves their worth? LOL k

Lea was given a rite by Mickey or Yen Sid when he goes to the Mysterious Tower in DDD, so that explains that, just not the haphazard manner in which he calls on his Keyblade at the end of the game. WHOOPS SURPRISE. Gosh how dumb.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Lea was given a rite by Mickey or Yen Sid when he goes to the Mysterious Tower in DDD, so that explains that, just not the haphazard manner in which he calls on his Keyblade at the end of the game. WHOOPS SURPRISE. Gosh how dumb.
Just based on what you wrote, couldn't Lea have gotten his the same way Riku did? He got the rite of passage, and then, by saving Sora in DDD (as well as his own strength of heart), proved his worth in weilding a Keyblade while using his chakrams as an intermediary/conduit to give the blade physical form. Another reason he might have struggled to use it earlier was because it was established he still actively used the darkness in the form of the CoD, so perhaps that played a factor? Aw, but then there's the case of Xehanort, and Roxas/Xion (at least, while they were in the organization), so idk.

I think Adrien said it at some point, but it'd really be nice if they just gave us a detailed understanding on what Keyblade wielders are and how exactly they function, that way we wouldn't have so many lingering questions/gripes. But alas, they'd never want to employ strict guidelines on the nature of their main protagonist if it means they can sacrifice consistency & continuity.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards
I wouldn't mind if Nomura took the concept art of the Royal Arms from Versus XIII, the Royal Arms are clearly different from the ones in XV, and repurposed them for either new bosses or mooks. I'm sure he has the concept art of them lying around somewhere.

Or give them to not-Noctis cause that's probably going to happen.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I wouldn't mind if Nomura took the concept art of the Royal Arms from Versus XIII, the Royal Arms are clearly different from the ones in XV, and repurposed them for either new bosses or mooks. I'm sure he has the concept art of them lying around somewhere.

Or give them to not-Noctis cause that's probably going to happen.
Wasn't the moveset of KH3's Ultimate Form, in part, stylized off the royal armaments? I kinda got that sense when looking at how Sora blocks in that form (which looks very similar to how Noctis often summoned his weapons, though I can't remember if it was that way in versus 13), but it'd still be interesting seeing something closer to what was in v13. Perhaps with some added story or depth behind them, which would be refreshing since (as I said previously) the nature of Keyblades and what exactly they are feel fluid and vague in terms of how they're presented in the series. As does all the Oganization's weapons.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

To be fair, the localization took some liberties with the script. The Japanese version doesn't refer Sora as the Keyblade master; rather, he was the Keyblade hero (which is kind of an awkward title in English hence why they didn't use it).

Japanese Riku actually says here that "there doesn't need to be two heroes."

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I go back and forth what line sound cooler. There is an inherent smugness to Riku calling himself the hero.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
CoM introduced scythes, daggers, another shield user, a battle axe, and chakrams.
KH2 introduced a sniper, claymore, lance, cards, sitar, book, and ethereal blades.

KH3 introduced plenty of new weapons, but gave them all to Sora.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
To be fair, the localization took some liberties with the script. The Japanese version doesn't refer Sora as the Keyblade master; rather, he was the Keyblade hero (which is kind of an awkward title in English hence why they didn't use it).

Japanese Riku actually says here that "there doesn't need to be two heroes."
Smugger and wants me to slap Riku over the head even more. They didn't really need to change it for that scene. Riku saw himself as the hero. Told Sora he can "play hero" with the wooden sword. "Keyblade hero" is awkward, but changing "hero" to something else takes away part of Riku's mindset, or at least makes that part less clear.

CoM introduced scythes, daggers, another shield user, a battle axe, and chakrams.
KH2 introduced a sniper, claymore, lance, cards, sitar, book, and ethereal blades.

KH3 introduced plenty of new weapons, but gave them all to Sora.
The Keyblade becoming a magical swiss army knife is just...too much.

disney233

Awards
Smugger and wants me to slap Riku over the head even more. They didn't really need to change it for that scene. Riku saw himself as the hero. Told Sora he can "play hero" with the wooden sword. "Keyblade hero" is awkward, but changing "hero" to something else takes away part of Riku's mindset, or at least makes that part less clear.

The Keyblade becoming a magical swiss army knife is just...too much.
HE CRAPS OUT AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES OUTTA NOWHERE. I love the concept, BUT YEEEEEEAH....between the swiss army knife and suddenly crapping out amusement park rides....a bit too much for a key so overrated. ESPECIALLY OF THOSE AMSUEMENT PARK RIDES HAVE NO REAL INFORMATION ABOUT THEM and it's just....WHOOOP Sora can summon amusent park rides now. Granted it was epic using it against the Rock Titan....but that's literally it. Something like that wasn't brought up again until the final world...and it looked so goofy with it.

I would've appreciated it more if EVERY chance of getting those rides weren't SHOVED in literally EVERY battle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The Keyblade becoming a Swiss Army knife is a pretty accurate way to describe Keyblade transformations.

Still love them though 🙂

disney233

Awards
The Keyblade becoming a Swiss Army knife is a pretty accurate way to describe Keyblade transformations.

Still love them though 🙂
I do too. I really do. It's...just hard to keep loving it if there's an entire country full of wielders, and just about everyone and their grandmas can nab one....just because. It takes away that mystery and uniqueness that we've seen in KH1. (I'm still salty on how Kairi got hers. It literally makes no sense.)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
HE CRAPS OUT AMUSEMENT PARK RIDES OUTTA NOWHERE. I love the concept, BUT YEEEEEEAH....between the swiss army knife and suddenly crapping out amusement park rides....a bit too much for a key so overrated. ESPECIALLY OF THOSE AMSUEMENT PARK RIDES HAVE NO REAL INFORMATION ABOUT THEM and it's just....WHOOOP Sora can summon amusent park rides now. Granted it was epic using it against the Rock Titan....but that's literally it. Something like that wasn't brought up again until the final world...and it looked so goofy with it.

I would've appreciated it more if EVERY chance of getting those rides weren't SHOVED in literally EVERY battle.
Yen Sid: "Most of your power was lost in the process of almost becoming Xehanort's vessel."
Sora: "Oh, no, I'm fine. In fact, I'm more powerful than ever!"
Yen Sid: "Now you must regain all the strength."
Sora: "You've seen my new magic, right? I can level a whole city with a twist of the wrist!"
Yen Sid: "Perhaps it is foolish to expe-
Sora: "And my Keyblade can transform into all these amazing things now!"
Yen Sid: "It is absolutely vital you perfect one po-
Sora: "I CAN SHIT OUT A WHOLE AMUSEMENT PARK!"

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I do too. I really do. It's...just hard to keep loving it if there's an entire country full of wielders, and just about everyone and their grandmas can nab one....just because. It takes away that mystery and uniqueness that we've seen in KH1. (I'm still salty on how Kairi got hers. It literally makes no sense.)

For me it will probably be better if there were more random keyblade wielders in the current time tbh. Like there is no chance Sora is going to stumble upon a random dude named Jim at Hollow Bastion swinging around a keyblade.

I think the story would have flown better if we saw more wielders out in the open. Sora and his geek friends would not have been GOL just because they had keyblades but rather the bonds they share with each other that makes them more qualified than Jim. From how I saw the story unfold the reason why the 7 lights were chosen were because they can wield but my issue is is that the game has not made me believe it's this herculean task to get a key of your own.

So, on one hand, it's hard to find wielders because you don't interact with them out in the open so it makes a unique characteristic but on the other hand it does not seem too difficult if you want one to get it. The only people off the top of my head not including Ux(since I don't play it) that wanted a key and did not get it were Jack Sparrow, Marluxia (memory is hazy here but you can argue having Sora as his puppet would have been just as good for him) and Xigbar/Braig (and given his past is also debatable.)

So to me it seems Nomura is trying to play it both ways in the present time in that being a keyblade wielders is extremely rare but also almost every game original hero characters started with 1 or just gets one down the line. I rather Nomura just pick a side and either make it so you interact and see characters with a key who are not involved in the main plot or minimize the number of holders to like Sora and 2-3 others and really highly how unique it is to be picked as a wielder.

Sorry for the terrible rant but I am exhausted with jet lag as I write this in the middle of the night so I probably made some mistakes a long the way.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
For me it will probably be better if there were more random keyblade wielders in the current time tbh. Like there is no chance Sora is going to stumble upon a random dude named Jim at Hollow Bastion swinging around a keyblade.

I think the story would have flown better if we saw more wielders out in the open. Sora and his geek friends would not have been GOL just because they had keyblades but rather the bonds they share with each other that makes them more qualified than Jim. From how I saw the story unfold the reason why the 7 lights were chosen were because they can wield but my issue is is that the game has not made me believe it's this herculean task to get a key of your own.

So, on one hand, it's hard to find wielders because you don't interact with them out in the open so it makes a unique characteristic but on the other hand it does not seem too difficult if you want one to get it. The only people off the top of my head not including Ux(since I don't play it) that wanted a key and did not get it were Jack Sparrow, Marluxia (memory is hazy here but you can argue having Sora as his puppet would have been just as good for him) and Xigbar/Braig (and given his past is also debatable.)

So to me it seems Nomura is trying to play it both ways in the present time in that being a keyblade wielders is extremely rare but also almost every game original hero characters started with 1 or just gets one down the line. I rather Nomura just pick a side and either make it so you interact and see characters with a key who are not involved in the main plot or minimize the number of holders to like Sora and 2-3 others and really highly how unique it is to be picked as a wielder.

Sorry for the terrible rant but I am exhausted with jet lag as I write this in the middle of the night so I probably made some mistakes a long the way.
I guess the reason why we see so many wielders is because we're following a story that revolves around keyblade wielders. It's like superheroes. We see loads of them in the comics because the comics are about them, but in the comic world you wouldn't see a random superhero easily.

But the way that KH3 is set up, it makes it seem like the Guardians of Light that we know are the only keyblade wielders that will qualify for "pure light". It's actually kind of interesting to think about -- Xehanort didn't go to other keyblade wielders as the backup lights, he chose the New Seven Hearts. This means either the other keyblade wielders that exist at the time of KH3 don't qualify as "pure light" or there are no other keyblade wielders. Xehanort could have easily beaten to a pulp someone chosen by the keyblade who had no experience in using it or assembled 7 inexperienced keyblade wielders to achieve his goal... but maybe they don't exist?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess the reason why we see so many wielders is because we're following a story that revolves around keyblade wielders. It's like superheroes. We see loads of them in the comics because the comics are about them, but in the comic world you wouldn't see a random superhero easily.

But the way that KH3 is set up, it makes it seem like the Guardians of Light that we know are the only keyblade wielders that will qualify for "pure light". It's actually kind of interesting to think about -- Xehanort didn't go to other keyblade wielders as the backup lights, he chose the New Seven Hearts. This means either the other keyblade wielders that exist at the time of KH3 don't qualify as "pure light" or there are no other keyblade wielders. Xehanort could have easily beaten to a pulp someone chosen by the keyblade who had no experience in using it or assembled 7 inexperienced keyblade wielders to achieve his goal... but maybe they don't exist?

Well from what I recall in KH2 Xemnas and company were pretty adamant in needing Sora to kill all those heartless to free those hearts. I guess they either knew Sora was the only keyblade dude around or they just figure since they haven't seen anyone else that means Sora has to be the only one left. I guess there is a chance some off-screen wielder was freeing some hearts to help build the phony kingdom hearts but I will expect with how all knowing the villains are that they will figure it out.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well from what I recall in KH2 Xemnas and company were pretty adamant in needing Sora to kill all those heartless to free those hearts. I guess they either knew Sora was the only keyblade dude around or they just figure since they haven't seen anyone else that means Sora has to be the only one left. I guess there is a chance some off-screen wielder was freeing some hearts to help build the phony kingdom hearts but I will expect with how all knowing the villains are that they will figure it out.
I thought the events of KH1 (all the heartless being killed by Sora) was enough to create the Kingdom Hearts we saw in KH2? If not... then who was killing the heartless? Maybe it was Terranort?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought the events of KH1 (all the heartless being killed by Sora) was enough to create the Kingdom Hearts we saw in KH2? If not... then who was killing the heartless? Maybe it was Terranort?

AFAIK I believe they still needed Roxas during days and Sora in kh2 to beat up some heartless just because I remember Saix telling Sora to keep freeing heart so they can reach their goal during the big hollow bastion sequence. Could be way off though.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I feel like one of the issues with the Keyblade is that the lore around it is so influx that it's hard for us to really nail it down. Which I think is a bit deliberate to give Nomura and the other writers more flexibility, but it's kind of exhausting for us fans.

We basically knew there were other Keyblade wielders since the first game with Mickey and Roxas both being shown with keyblades, but the impression was it was still rare.
Which technically they still are, seeing only the main characters wield them and given what we know now clusters of wielders forming isn't to far fetched, but it does rob the keyblade from feeling like a unique weapon.

Sadly I feel with how they set up the lore, it was kind of a necessity to make major players keyblade wielders. Seeing world travling options are limited to CoD, Keyblades and powerful magic.

There's a possibility that they could try and switch things up a bit using Keyblade Transformations, give each cast member a signature transformation, such as the chakrams for Axel.

ivaannom

Awards
KH3 DLC ReMind, Famitsu's intervew to Nomura:

"What was shown in the PV is not a limit cut scene where you can fight against one of the strongest class. There isn't any limit cut battle in the PV, what the PV shows is just part of the added scenario"

"Sora's oathkeeper and it's new form it's the only free DLC that will be released simultaneously"

"We're planning to have almost the same number of Limit cut Boss as KH2 Final Mix"

"There are added scenarios, Limit cut episode&boss, secret episode & Boss"

"We still don't know the release date but we don't want to approach too much to FF7 Remake so we will release it sooner"

"You can control Roxas as Riku and Aqua if you go to the added scenarios"

"You have to clear/complete the main story first to enjoy the added scenarios"

Source Ryokutya http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/21152

This guy always get news from anime and games before it's officially announced so it's probably 100% true. And magazines like Famitsu o Mangas are always released before it's release day in some sites in Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back