• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
KHUX spoilers I guess.

I'm just not a fan of where the story is going. I don't need all of these mysteries in KH3. Nor do I want any more of these "actually, I'm not X, I'm C!!!" moments. It was already a slap in the face when they revealed that even Luxord and Demyx are from the x-era, but now Luxord is not "Luxord", but whoever the hell he actually is. Just like with the Xigbar-is-Luxu reveal. I don't like these.

I woud have been happy if the only ones to come to the present had been Ventus, Lauriam, and Elrena. But nah, now it's:
  1. Aced
  2. Gula
  3. Invi
  4. Ira
  5. Luxu AKA Xigbar
  6. Ventus
  7. Lauriam
  8. Elrena
  9. Luxord
  10. Demyx
  11. MoM, according to the Secret Ending
That's 11 characters.. I did NOT need all of these in the present ffs
The only ones we don't know as of yet are Ephemer, Skuld, Ava, Strelitzia, and Brain. But you can BET they'll come back as well. At least two of these are Girl X and Nameless Star.

Did we ever really know who Luxord was? He was a blank slate of a character that they are only just now giving a backstory. Likewise for Demyx. Pre-KH3 everyone was demanding to know who these characters were before they became Nobodies, and now that they're finally starting to fill in the blanks, everyone is turning their noses at it. Is it because of the UX connection? Because it'd been so long that we accepted the idea that they were just random no names with weird quirks?

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Did we ever really know who Luxord was? He was a blank slate of a character that they are only just now giving a backstory. Likewise for Demyx. Pre-KH3 everyone was demanding to know who these characters were before they became Nobodies, and now that they're finally starting to fill in the blanks, everyone is turning their noses at it. Is it because of the UX connection? Because it'd been so long that we accepted the idea that they were just random no names with weird quirks?
Might be the UX connection. Personally I thought it would have been more interesting if Luxord was a former pirate from The Caribbean instead of another Keyblade wielder from the past.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it's a mix of the UX connection and the fact that all these original characters seem to be so interconnected and come from the same place in a multiverse so huge.

They could have come from some random Original world or even a Disney World, but nope, they're either from Radiant Garden and the age of Fairy Tale.

I don't mind too much, but it does seem like the less interesting route.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean it kind of made sense. When Xemnas laid out why certain people were part of the new Organization, I was like... OK, I buy it. The Xehanorts (and Luxu), Axel/Saix (because they were looking for Girl X), Elrena/Lauriam/Durol/Emyd were ancient keyblade wielders, and Replica Riku 2.0 and Xion 2.0.

I think what KH needs to work on more is world building. It would give depth to the story if Elrena/Lauriam/Durol/Emyd were from Disney worlds and/or original KH worlds that we visited. The easy connection and build towards KHIV would be to slap anyone with no background into KHUX. The Luxu reveal was cool, even to me as someone who knew very little about KHUX. It would be great if Emyd was an ancient keyblade wielder from Atlantica who Triton knows about from their myths or something. I'm glad that Xemnas kept it vague on their "ancient keyblade connection" status, so at least that means they can possibly connect them to Disney worlds instead of straight to KHUX. I can easily see Durol as an ancient keyblade wielder from Agrabah who encountered the Genie while "playing a game" to break into the Cave of Wonders.

disney233

Awards
KHUX spoilers I guess.

I'm just not a fan of where the story is going. I don't need all of these mysteries in KH3. Nor do I want any more of these "actually, I'm not X, I'm C!!!" moments. It was already a slap in the face when they revealed that even Luxord and Demyx are from the x-era, but now Luxord is not "Luxord", but whoever the hell he actually is. Just like with the Xigbar-is-Luxu reveal. I don't like these.

I woud have been happy if the only ones to come to the present had been Ventus, Lauriam, and Elrena. But nah, now it's:
  1. Aced
  2. Gula
  3. Invi
  4. Ira
  5. Luxu AKA Xigbar
  6. Ventus
  7. Lauriam
  8. Elrena
  9. Luxord
  10. Demyx
  11. MoM, according to the Secret Ending
That's 11 characters.. I did NOT need all of these in the present ffs
The only ones we don't know as of yet are Ephemer, Skuld, Ava, Strelitzia, and Brain. But you can BET they'll come back as well. At least two of these are Girl X and Nameless Star.
Looking back at the series, I personally feel that there were so many characters introduced to begin with that were NOT needed in general. Nomura even said himself that he had a hard time juggling the CURRENT cast we have now, did he not? Now with the integration of UX JUST BECAUSE it's nothing more than a cluster of characters and plot points. NONE of them haven't even been resolved. If they didn't want to reveal what was in the box, don't show it. We didn't need this excess of Luxu being a body snatcher, Ventus, Demyx, Larxene, Luxord, and Marluxia SOMEHOW being those of the distant pass. Then there's this needless trio between Isa, Lea, and this mysterious girl. It's...it makes me frustrated that the story of a boy journeying Disney worlds with Donald Duck and Goofy ESCALATED INTO THIS MONSTROSITY OF A CLUSTERFUK. No. Keep in mind that the Disney Worlds don't even have meaning to them anymore. They're just...there now. Just like Maleficent and Pete. At first I honestly loved this unexpected duo between the two...BUT THEY'RE JUST THERE. FOUR CAMEOS. THEY SHOWED UP FOUR TIMES IN THE GAME. WHICH AMOUNTED TO N O T H I N G

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Looking back at the series, I personally feel that there were so many characters introduced to begin with that were NOT needed in general. Nomura even said himself that he had a hard time juggling the CURRENT cast we have now, did he not? Now with the integration of UX JUST BECAUSE it's nothing more than a cluster of characters and plot points. NONE of them haven't even been resolved. If they didn't want to reveal what was in the box, don't show it. We didn't need this excess of Luxu being a body snatcher, Ventus, Demyx, Larxene, Luxord, and Marluxia SOMEHOW being those of the distant pass. Then there's this needless trio between Isa, Lea, and this mysterious girl. It's...it makes me frustrated that the story of a boy journeying Disney worlds with Donald Duck and Goofy ESCALATED INTO THIS MONSTROSITY OF A CLUSTERFUK. No. Keep in mind that the Disney Worlds don't even have meaning to them anymore. They're just...there now. Just like Maleficent and Pete. At first I honestly loved this unexpected duo between the two...BUT THEY'RE JUST THERE. FOUR CAMEOS. THEY SHOWED UP FOUR TIMES IN THE GAME. WHICH AMOUNTED TO N O T H I N G
KH3 just needed to be maybe 10-20 hours longer (3-4 additional Disney worlds and an original world). I don't know why Nomura thought that KH3 should be the game that he cut back on, I would have rather he jam packed it instead of cutting back. I just don't get why Nomura felt like he had to "follow the rules" with proceeding hastily to the Keyblade Graveyard, while for almost everything else in the series he breaks the rules and rewrites it.

The first act should have been Sora visiting worlds to get back the Power of Waking, encountering Maleficent/Pete, eventually finding the Black Box, they battle for it in Radiant Garden or wherever. Final Fantasy gang are your party members here (Leon and Yuffie) as you battle Dragon Maleficent and Pete. After the battle, you look for the Black Box and assume that it was destroyed. Sora feels the Power of Waking has returned, he joins Riku and Mickey in the Realm of Darkness to find Aqua. She succumbs to the darkness in her own heart (being alone and deserted). We fight her and save her.

The second act Sora finds out that the Organization are getting tired of waiting on Sora to gather the guardians, so they are targeting the Princesses of Heart. While Aqua recovers, Sora goes to the worlds to fend off the Organization. After clearing some POH worlds, we get a cutscene of Kairi/Axel's fight (you control Kairi and win). Kairi senses that the other Princesses are in danger and wants to help them. Merlin says that this is a great opportunity to get some field experience. Kairi and Axel join you in the last POH world (Arendelle). Frozen plays out while a more engaging storyline between Sora/Kairi/Axel/Larxene also happens. The second act ends when Aqua, Riku, and Mickey (you control Aqua here) go to Castle Oblivion to awaken Ven. You journey to the Chamber of Awakening. Vanitas follows you there and you fight him. Sora's heart is in agony and he rushes to Castle Oblivion. Aqua beats Vanitas, then Sora releases Ven's heart.

The third act sees the Organization rushing to complete their last member. They need the research from San Fransokyo and The Caribbean. While Sora is in those worlds (because his heart guided him there), we get cutscenes of Aqua/Ven/Riku/Kairi/Axel catching up. Riku and Kairi head to Radiant Garden to help figure out how to bring Namine/Roxas back. Axel talks to Aqua and Ven about their master and if he knew about Girl X -- something awakens in Ven. After Sora finishes the last Disney worlds, they all take the night to rest (Destiny Islands/Papou scene), then they all head to the Keyblade Graveyard. At the end of the game, we see the Luxu reveal and that he has the Black Box.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Tbh, I feel like Nomura may not be very interested in the main cast these days. At the same time he was working on KH3, he was writing new updates for UX, and it seems like that story just grew into this beast that's become far more appealing to him. Obviously UX is a mess of a game, but as someone who has been following it since the very beginning, I maintain that its main scenario is one of the best written in the series. With that constant reminder lingering in the back of his mind, I'd imagine Nomura just couldn't help himself and included all these references and tie-ins in KH3 :\

Needless to say, it did more harm than good as most of these went absolutely nowhere. Should have just kept them all in the Final World and Secret Reports IMO.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean it kind of made sense. When Xemnas laid out why certain people were part of the new Organization, I was like... OK, I buy it. The Xehanorts (and Luxu), Axel/Saix (because they were looking for Girl X), Elrena/Lauriam/Durol/Emyd were ancient keyblade wielders, and Replica Riku 2.0 and Xion 2.0.

I think what KH needs to work on more is world building. It would give depth to the story if Elrena/Lauriam/Durol/Emyd were from Disney worlds and/or original KH worlds that we visited. The easy connection and build towards KHIV would be to slap anyone with no background into KHUX. The Luxu reveal was cool, even to me as someone who knew very little about KHUX. It would be great if Emyd was an ancient keyblade wielder from Atlantica who Triton knows about from their myths or something. I'm glad that Xemnas kept it vague on their "ancient keyblade connection" status, so at least that means they can possibly connect them to Disney worlds instead of straight to KHUX. I can easily see Durol as an ancient keyblade wielder from Agrabah who encountered the Genie while "playing a game" to break into the Cave of Wonders.

Yeah it does make sense that Larxene and co. had a reason for being included in the two versions of the Organisation. It does explain why Xehanort would want to keep them around, but it also makes this grand Universe feel small.

It kind of feels like there's just 2 to 3 places of relevant. All characters are either from Destiny Island, Radiant Garden, Daybrake Town or their origins are tied to someone from there. It's basically having a massive world to explore, but everyone you meet are from the same three villages, one of which you're from.

Sure we still don't know a lot about these characters and perhaps the keyblade legacy for Luxord and Demyx is different from Marli and Larx.

Even, if not, there is the chance they all might have been separated upon entering the current era and lived a few years in different world before becoming Heartless and Nobodies, which could slightly help make the universe seem less small.

Needless to say, it did more harm than good as most of these went absolutely nowhere. Should have just kept them all in the Final World and Secret Reports IMO.

Agreed additional info, such as Larxene, Maluxia, Demyx and Luxord having ancient ties to the Keblade, would have worked better as footnotes in a Secret Report. Even the possibility of there the role of PoH being passed on could be in a report.

Personally I'd have dropped the new PoH plotline and have all Org members either work on something for the Replika project or finding that Black Box for Xigbar.
It also makes more sense to me that the PoH would change after KH3 instead of KH1

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Tbh, I feel like Nomura may not be very interested in the main cast these days. At the same time he was working on KH3, he was writing new updates for UX, and it seems like that story just grew into this beast that's become far more appealing to him. Obviously UX is a mess of a game, but as someone who has been following it since the very beginning, I maintain that its main scenario is one of the best written in the series. With that constant reminder lingering in the back of his mind, I'd imagine Nomura just couldn't help himself and included all these references and tie-ins in KH3 :\

I just don't get why he would be more interested in KHUX. I try to read about it and it just is so meh. No one is of particular interest to me and it just doesn't even feel like KH at all. Maybe the novel will change my mind.

I think the problem with KH's world building is that they make only certain places important and everywhere else is just "filler Disney world". I wish they would find a way to truly connect the Disney worlds with the main story. I always found it interesting that the mechanics of "making a heart" was different in Halloween Town than say how Pinocchio or the Replicas got hearts. To me, little quirks like that shouldn't be ignored, but celebrated and used further. I don't care if there's some crap excuse to bringing back a dead Disney villain in a world, I rather an original story in the Disney world linked to the main story and have the Disney villain magically return and be a part of the story (unless they never intend to return to that world).

disney233

Awards
[/QUOTE]
I just don't get why he would be more interested in KHUX. I try to read about it and it just is so meh. No one is of particular interest to me and it just doesn't even feel like KH at all. Maybe the novel will change my mind.

I think the problem with KH's world building is that they make only certain places important and everywhere else is just "filler Disney world". I wish they would find a way to truly connect the Disney worlds with the main story. I always found it interesting that the mechanics of "making a heart" was different in Halloween Town than say how Pinocchio or the Replicas got hearts. To me, little quirks like that shouldn't be ignored, but celebrated and used further. I don't care if there's some crap excuse to bringing back a dead Disney villain in a world, I rather an original story in the Disney world linked to the main story and have the Disney villain magically return and be a part of the story (unless they never intend to return to that world).
I second this. Not even Disney Town, y'know world of the MAIN Disney group has ANY relevance whatsoever. It's litetally....just there for minigames. All of the Disney worlds are just there. And rather than making a world for them, we instead get some useless rehash of the movie's storyplot without ANY of the characters doing anything to convey to the plot. Just like the Disney worlds....SDG, TAV, and the Organization are just there......just because.

At this point it only makes me worried about the Disney worlds as a whole. If they're just there for levels then they shouldn't be there at all. It's nothing more than a useless asset with such wasted opportunities with an excuse to squeeze in Let it Go in the mix.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I am cool with the idea of Luxord being from the past but it is just happening so much in the series. It's making me feel like why should I care about any character introduced in the series because they are probably going to be revealed as someone else down the line.

disney233

Awards
I am cool with the idea of Luxord being from the past but it is just happening so much in the series. It's making me feel like why should I care about any character introduced in the series because they are probably going to be revealed as someone else down the line.
I WAS cool with Luxord being in the past. He could've been some time traveler if anything since Time's his thing. BUT TIME TRAVELING'S LITETARLLY EVERYONE'S THING NOW So I don't care anymore.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I WAS cool with Luxord being in the past. He could've been some time traveler if anything since Time's his thing. BUT TIME TRAVELING'S LITETARLLY EVERYONE'S THING NOW So I don't care anymore.

Right, it's like if suddenly Namine is shown wielding a keyblade during the secret ending. My reaction won't be wow that is cool, it will be everybody and their aunt is getting a keyblade so it will be weirder if she didn't have 1. Just like time travel getting a keyblade is not a big deal anymore in this story.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right, it's like if suddenly Namine is shown wielding a keyblade during the secret ending. My reaction won't be wow that is cool, it will be everybody and their aunt is getting a keyblade so it will be weirder if she didn't have 1. Just like time travel getting a keyblade is not a big deal anymore in this story.

Which absolutely takes away the allure and mystery surrounding the Keyblade. Why couldn’t everybody else have their own weapons and specialties?

ryder16

Right, it's like if suddenly Namine is shown wielding a keyblade during the secret ending. My reaction won't be wow that is cool, it will be everybody and their aunt is getting a keyblade so it will be weirder if she didn't have
I just started to think of keyblade wilder as a race. they almost when extinct after the war and now are only just starting to repopulate.

redcrown

Awards
At the same time he was working on KH3, he was writing new updates for UX, and it seems like that story just grew into this beast that's become far more appealing to him.

With that constant reminder lingering in the back of his mind, I'd imagine Nomura just couldn't help himself and included all these references and tie-ins in KH3 :\

This feels like the ultimate answer to all the questions I've had about Nomura ever since KH3 came out. My search for why it turned out the way it did has a concrete answer now, this is the root of it all.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Which absolutely takes away the allure and mystery surrounding the Keyblade. Why couldn’t everybody else have their own weapons and specialties?

Yea it just feels like Nomura has no faith in the fanbase to care about a character if they don't have a keyblade. It's sort of like my point in another thread that Nomura forces characters to have connections to each other because he thinks if Aqua/Terra would flop if the fans don't see how they directly impacted S/R/K.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, and Marluxia are way more interesting with their own weapons than with keyblades. Axel was way cooler with the chakram.

The boss fights will also be so repetitive if everyone has a keyblade. In KH1, there was only one boss with a keyblade (Riku). KH2 was Roxas (FM only). KH3 was special because it was the "keyblade war", but it'll start to lose its flair if more and more bosses use a keyblade over a unique weapon (wow, we reached the point that the keyblade isn't a unique weapon anymore).

disney233

Awards
Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, and Marluxia are way more interesting with their own weapons than with keyblades. Axel was way cooler with the chakram.

The boss fights will also be so repetitive if everyone has a keyblade. In KH1, there was only one boss with a keyblade (Riku). KH2 was Roxas (FM only). KH3 was special because it was the "keyblade war", but it'll start to lose its flair if more and more bosses use a keyblade over a unique weapon (wow, we reached the point that the keyblade isn't a unique weapon anymore).

What happened to this? There can't be two keyblade masters? Because after this...it's gone south. We went from a fight for one Keyblade...to this.

At this point due to the inconsistent MADNESS of you can get one, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF T H I S S C E N E HAD RELEVANCE!

In short, this is what this joke of a weapon's reduced to.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
View attachment 11784

What happened to this? There can't be two keyblade masters? Because after this...it's gone south. We went from a fight for one Keyblade...to this.

View attachment 11785View attachment 11786

At this point due to the inconsistent MADNESS of you can get one, I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF T H I S S C E N E HAD RELEVANCE!
View attachment 11787

In short, this is what this joke of a weapon's reduced to.
View attachment 11788
I mean Riku's comment could be reduced to his lack of knowledge of the keyblade (although reality is that Nomura didn't expect a sequel and/or didn't think about whether there should be only one keyblade master). However, I do think that he was thinking of other keyblade wielders possibly existing as Triton obviously knew about others that were not Sora and Leon knew about the keyblade, so there had to have been other wielders besides Sora. On top of all of that, Mickey has a keyblade at the end of KH1.

I think the only people I'm mad at having a keyblade out of the current lineup is Axel. He was just SO much better with the chakram and I personally find his keyblade ugly and uninspired.

The new keyblade masters that are the villains (Foretellers), I'm hoping a significant number of them are wiped out in the side-game before KHIV (kinda like CoM cleansing Organization XIII before KH2). That will allow a reduction in keyblade wielders and Nomura just needs to stop with giving everyone a keyblade. I mean, it really makes me question why Axel got one, but Donald and Goofy didn't. NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO, but the in-game logic is off. Axel got one by being heroic? So what do Donald and Goofy do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back