• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
All the more reason to believe the theory that Sora used the Power of Waking to retcon the ending and little details were changed all to save Kairi.
What I don't understand about this then is... well, exactly what you're talking about then. If the end of the game is Sora using the Power of Waking one last time, then how are these fights done then? Are you suggesting that before the credits roll, they want people to re-play the last one-two hours of the game?

U.N. Owen

Awards
What I don't understand about this then is... well, exactly what you're talking about then. If the end of the game is Sora using the Power of Waking one last time, then how are these fights done then? Are you suggesting that before the credits roll, they want people to re-play the last one-two hours of the game?

*Shrugs*

It's either direct retconning or Sora-induced retconning. I just don't see how we can play as Roxas while having Xion and Axel as party members.

For Riku and Aqua, I guess we could either go the route of Data Org battles, maybe illusions Namine conjures up from memories, Sora retconning the whole thing, or we get a menu where we choose to play as Aqua or Riku during those segments.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Keyblade graveyard is empty as hell in postgame. No heartless, no nobodies, the other guardians aren't hanging around...

These altered Keyblade graveyard battles are probably, for my money, just going to be battle portals in each empty battlefield of the graveyard, where each respective battle happened (BESIDES Mickey and Sora vs Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene???? WTF Square, my OCD!!) and allow us to re-do them any time.

redcrown

Awards
To add to this, Sora is still abusing the Power of Waking so even if he saves her, he’s still killing himself even faster. Him disappearing was going to happen, but he sped up the timeline of that happening by going to save Kairi. Thus the ending we get.

It doesn’t change anything.

Wow, somehow this went completely over my head while playing the KH3 ending. I've just been confused about why Sora disappeared the entire time (I knew it was about "saving Kairi" but I couldn't figure out the actual mechanism and reason behind it). This actual makes me appreciate the ending more if it's about Sora saving everyone than just Kairi herself.

Either my brain got burned out by the time that happened or the game didn't make it clear enough, but I'll just go with me being dim.

redcrown

Awards
As someone else pointed out in this thread this is possibly or likey just a teaser for the "full" DLC. There could be more playable story scenarios and expanded arcs that will be developed by the time this releases in winter, so I wouldn't say it's just data battles just yet, but not getting hopeful for more is perfectly reasonable too.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
We don’t think it was the MoM. It was just what everybody went with when the trailer came out because of the exaggerated expressions but I think it would make more sense to be Luxu.

You make a good point, and it very could well be Xigbar/Luxu. After all, Xigbar/Luxu and MoM do share similar personality traits. But to me, it's confusing why they wouldn't reveal the voices yet for that segment. I mean, they've clearly done the voice acting for Xigbar/Luxu when he was talking to Luxord. Perhaps it's a new segment that hasn't had its recordings done yet. Also, most likely to keep us guessing. Because almost everything new in KH is shrouded by mystery haha.

But after all, didn't Nomura state MoM wasn't going to appear in KH3? Perhaps more evidences it's Xigbar/Luxu.

Nomura, you sly fox.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
(Before KH3) MoM is smug, laid back, and makes sarcastic remarks
It's LITERALLY XIGBAR
Eccentric poses and pOiNtInG
It's Demyx!
"The Game isn't over until it's over"
OMG Luxord says that in the Caribbean and ??? says it on the loading screen!!!!

the truth is somewhere in the middle. MoM's influence has spread throughout a few members of the Organization that knew him, but none of them ARE him.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
PLAYING AS MORE OF THE GUARDIANS OF LIGHT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED NOW JUST MAKE KAIRI, VEN, LEA, AND LINGERING WILL PLAYABLE YES
I agree though I'd swap out Lingering Will for Mickey and maybe add Xion.

Yeah that's the biggest thing going against the idea, that what we're seeing is Sora using the Power of Wakening to rewrite time again.

I can't see them actually tell us "okay now that you have beaten the game do it again, but this time Kairi doesn't die" like that'd be a rather underwhelming additional scenario.

Still it's hard to see where else in the main story a RAX fight could fit in. Unless they're inserting a fight between the Sora, Kairi and Axel's fight with Xemnas and Sora, Xion and Roxas' fight with Saix.
With the others its easy enough to imagine that they're the first half of the fight or that you can even switch between party members.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Keyblade graveyard is empty as hell in postgame. No heartless, no nobodies, the other guardians aren't hanging around...

These altered Keyblade graveyard battles are probably, for my money, just going to be battle portals in each empty battlefield of the graveyard, where each respective battle happened (BESIDES Mickey and Sora vs Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene???? WTF Square, my OCD!!) and allow us to re-do them any time.
They need to include the other guardians in their zone available for speaking with and taking selfies.

Obiewantsanipod

All the more reason to believe the theory that Sora used the Power of Waking to retcon the ending and little details were changed all to save Kairi.

So far this theory seems the most plausible. My issue here is that after Kairi was killed, there was no heart released. So if Sora used the power of waking to save her, wouldn't that make her the same "heartless" Kairi except now alive? I'm still very curious as to what happened to her heart.

allenleonardo

Awards
I am not saying its impossible but I have a hard time believing that they would change the graveyard scenes that much. Maybe those are just battle portals where we can fight all the battles again but this time with the person we want? (Or at least the one that is also playable) This way they wont need to change the story at all and people can still enjoy the battles.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You make a good point, and it very could well be Xigbar/Luxu. After all, Xigbar/Luxu and MoM do share similar personality traits. But to me, it's confusing why they wouldn't reveal the voices yet for that segment. I mean, they've clearly done the voice acting for Xigbar/Luxu when he was talking to Luxord. Perhaps it's a new segment that hasn't had its recordings done yet. Also, most likely to keep us guessing. Because almost everything new in KH is shrouded by mystery haha.

But after all, didn't Nomura state MoM wasn't going to appear in KH3? Perhaps more evidences it's Xigbar/Luxu.

Nomura, you sly fox.

The trailer is all early work. They probably won’t have the voice actors come and record anything until autumn.

MoM is also a massive unit of a person and the guy sitting down isn’t that much bigger than Xehanort lol so that kinda is a big hint

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I like the idea of Sora rewriting things if it is implemented similar to the Final and Secret episodes of BBS. It wouldn’t change anything in the main game, but would be on a separate save file you can create once you beat the main game and meet any special requirements. The story itself would just be explaining what happened between Sora leaving to rescue Kairi and the two of them returning to Destiny Islands.

Plus, if Sora saves Kairi, maybe we can finally get the SRK team up that is long overdue.

The trailer is all early work. They probably won’t have the voice actors come and record anything until autumn.

MoM is also a massive unit of a person and the guy sitting down isn’t that much bigger than Xehanort lol so that kinda is a big hint

I definitely think it is Luxu based on the last Secret Report. I think he may have written that after this meeting as this conversation may be what convinced him that Xehanort was the one he’s been waiting for to spark the Keyblade War.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Plus, if Sora saves Kairi, maybe we can finally get the SRK team up that is long overdue.

All I really wanted in the Keyblade War was for SRK to team up against Dark Riku, Vanitas, and Xion. Cliche as it might be, I'm a sucker for mirror matches.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
All I really wanted in the Keyblade War was for SRK to team up against Dark Riku, Vanitas, and Xion. Cliche as it might be, I'm a sucker for mirror matches.
I'd have been just happy to get SRK, but yeah having them face of against Dark Riku, Vanitas & Xion would, at least on a superficial level, have been pretty cool. Though I think thematically the parings we got did make the most sense.

Lulcy

Awards
To be honest, I'd rather ditch playable Roxas, Aqua, Riku (and whoever else) for something else instead. Imo they're a waste, the only place where they would be relevant to play is on the Keyblade Graveyard, even if you fought every boss with every other six Guardian of Light + Roxas & Xion, the total playtime would amount to at most an hour. This of course is assuming they would not add extra playable scenarios to the Keyblade Graveyard where the other eight characters would be present but, even with that in mind, they simply are not as present for majority of your playtime (unlike Donald and Goofy) and hence investing resources on them to be playable is not justified (something that playable Donald and Goofy are x10 more justified to me).

Last edited:

ryder16

I'm happy to play as the different characters. Does anyone remember the mission mode from days? I do and that was a lot of fun.

HK Motendra

Awards
EDIT: Apparently I never erased my draft from days ago when it was relevant. Oops
*shrugs* Who knows at the point.

Well, the one Maleficent destroyed is confirmed to have just been data, and that the reason it broke was because it's a fake. Been a while since I checked Re:Coded, but I believe it was implied the second Keyblades Data-Sora gained is a real one because the power of friendship. So that one isn't a case of a Keyblades breaking but then being magically repaired.

In KH3, Nomura just changed his mind how it works because he couldn't think of a good reason for Riku and Mickey getting new Keyblades.

Then the whole thing with Lea losing his Keyblades for good only for Nomura to change his mind and have Lea magically gain it back for no reason, as if the big scene about Lea losing it never happened.

The back and forth with whether Keyblades breaking is a big deal or not is such a headache.

Xion: "Rest, Axel. Roxas will fight in your place. And I'll fight for Kairi."

Lea: "Heh. You really think I'll just let you two have in at all the fun? Just give me a sec."

*farts out new Keyblade*

Lea: "All right, guys! Let's go!"
I'm of the belief that it didn't actually break, but rather disengages - likely due to fatigue. Ever notice how whenever someone's seemingly beaten or down for the count their weapon disappears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back