• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND DLC Coming This Winter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xagzan

Awards
Could be.
But would be also kinda strange change part of the story.

Is it me, or Riku has a new combo!?

I really don't understand why people would like to play as her honestly.
I sure I don't want to.

Oh well gee, if you don't want to, I can't see why anyone else would. /s

God forbid the series doesn't treat her like shit but I suppose that ship is still long out at sea.

I wish I could muster up excitement for this but just thinking about KH3 and its rather full refrigerator still ticks me off. It has a lot to do to get out of the doghouse.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards
The theory I saw on Reddit is that the Organization Battles are from when Sora retcons the ending to bring Kairi back. This is why we get things like Roxas, Axel, and Xion fighting Saix rather than the three Soras.

allenleonardo

Awards
I would have never thought that we would be able to play as at least three more characters in the graveyard. That is kinda nice. Also interested in the story part of the organisation.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The theory I saw on Reddit is that the Organization Battles are from when Sora retcons the ending to bring Kairi back. This is why we get things like Roxas, Axel, and Xion fighting Saix rather than the three Soras.
So they'd be changing several key events all for the sake of undoing Kairi's much hated fridging? Could be, but it doesn't seem like they care about her enough to do something like that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So from what I saw the playable fights are just the same battles with a different character. The new Keyblade was without a doubt Oathkeeper, the teeth of the Keyblade were the same. The transformation color looks similar to Ultima's.

Also did the robed figure give YMX the coat? Also YMX was "necessary"?
I think that Young Xehanort meant that his "mission" to access Kingdom Hearts and reset the worlds was necessary. I wonder what made him think that visiting Disney worlds?

Also... this trailer looks amazing! I'm hoping that the absence of Sora in the party means that they may change the story a bit in the Keyblade Graveyard and have those guardians deal with their opponents on their own.

Oh and Demyx is probably not the Master of Masters now ;-;

I‘m guessing the gameplay bits are from the Limit Cut dlc which is free iirc?
What is the Limit Cut DLC? You mean the Critical mode DLC?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So they'd be changing several key events all for the sake of undoing Kairi's much hated fridging? Could be, but it doesn't seem like they care about her enough to do something like that.

See, I think Sora wouldn’t change too much by changing Kairi’s death. By going back in time to save her, all he has to do is just stop Xemnas from taking her away. From there events would mostly unfold the same way mostly except Kairi and Sora would have a moment where they reinforce their promise with Oathkeeper, and then Sora would go against Xehanort.

Xehanort used Kairi as “motivation” before but now that Sora knows how things will go, I imagine he’s willingly clash against Xehanort.

It feels like a cheap rewrite of an otherwise rather emotionally impactful final segment (everything from the start of Scala to Xehanort and Eraqus dying was actually really solid and I wouldn’t want to see them change a thing about it), but I think they can change Kairi’s fate without changing the whole ending and its own climax.

Perhaps they could use that to expand on Xehanort’s past with Scala, too, if they are inclined to do so to add a bit more story depth to the Scala segment.

What is the Limit Cut DLC? You mean the Critical mode DLC?

There are two DLCs in Re:MIND

Limit Cut and Secret Episode.

Limit Cut is what we saw: an expansion on the existing story.

Secret Episode will introduce new story stuff.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
See, I think Sora wouldn’t change too much by changing Kairi’s death. By going back in time to save her, all he has to do is just stop Xemnas from taking her away. From there events would mostly unfold the same way mostly except Kairi and Sora would have a moment where they reinforce their promise with Oathkeeper, and then Sora would go against Xehanort.

Xehanort used Kairi as “motivation” before but now that Sora knows how things will go, I imagine he’s willingly clash against Xehanort.

It feels like a cheap rewrite of an otherwise rather emotionally impactful final segment (everything from the start of Scala to Xehanort and Eraqus dying was actually really solid and I wouldn’t want to see them change a thing about it), but I think they can change Kairi’s fate without changing the whole ending and its own climax.

Perhaps they could use that to expand on Xehanort’s past with Scala, too, if they are inclined to do so to add a bit more story depth to the Scala segment.

There are two DLCs in Re:MIND

Limit Cut and Secret Episode.

Limit Cut is what we saw: an expansion on the existing story.

Secret Episode will introduce new story stuff.
Oh I didn't know it was going to be packaged that way. I really hope this Limit Cut stuff helps the base KH3 game, like the Final Mix helped KH2.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they are changing Kairi's fate what will that mean for the ending and secret ending? Cause her death is the set up for Sora dying and ending up in Shibuya

the red monster

Awards
Sorry not sold. Interesting lore, but my faith in. KH3's practically burned out. I don't see anything worth buying. Never cared for y'know the 3 characters we've ALREADY PLAYED IN THE SERIES being playable....again.
Big agree here
like where is my freaking playable kairi ? we played roxas in kh2
kairi is getting nothing

Veevee

Awards
Oh, yeah, people asking each other who they actually are, thus implying that no one is ever allowed to be only one person even when they aren't even really a person because they hardly show any character in the games. That's exactly what I hoped for. More of this kind of "plot twists" that Nomura adores so much.

But a yay for the playable characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wait they are going change everything that going be hard to get

Huh? They aren’t changing anything. They are just adding content.

If you mean charge, yeah that’s how they pay for the development of the DLC. The Keyblade(s) are going to be free, though.

drew0512

Awards
There's just one thing I don't understand: is Oathkeeper supposed to be the free keyblade? This is a teaser for the paid DLC, while the new keyblade is free and Nomura did say the plan is to release the free DLCs once they're ready, so this seems confusing to me.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Seeing people online saying that this is just cut content that you have to pay for, or that "it should have been in the game in the first place." The forced disappointment narrative continues even now.

I had no overwhelming desire to play as Aqua, Riku, or even Roxas when I played through KH3. Those fights won't be much different with different playable characters. Playing as Roxas is a nice surprise, but being able to control Riku and Aqua is a simple addition that might be enjoyable to try once or twice before returning to Sora's more robust moveset.

Anyway, it looks nice from what little we've seen. Can't wait for Luxord to be revealed as Dr. Lou

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's just one thing I don't understand: is Oathkeeper supposed to be the free keyblade? This is a teaser for the paid DLC, while the new keyblade is free and Nomura did say the plan is to release the free DLCs once they're ready, so this seems confusing to me.

All of the DLC coming is under the Re:MIND name, so even the free Keyblade(s?) would be included with its marketing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If they are changing Kairi's fate what will that mean for the ending and secret ending? Cause her death is the set up for Sora dying and ending up in Shibuya
Being rescued could just mean her fate is delayed, and she dies later in some other way.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Being rescued could just mean her fate is delayed, and she dies later in some other way.

To add to this, Sora is still abusing the Power of Waking so even if he saves her, he’s still killing himself even faster. Him disappearing was going to happen, but he sped up the timeline of that happening by going to save Kairi. Thus the ending we get.

It doesn’t change anything.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Cant wait to see the transformation. Also I'm guessing each Guardian will have a playable segment during their fights
As cool as getting to play as each of the Guardians would be, I, until we see anyone else, wont let my hopes get up too much.

I feel like I'm missing something right in front of my face but do we have confirmation that the guy talking to YX is MoM? My first impression was that was Xigboob.

Agreed, I didn't even consider the possibility that it could be MoM until I got on here. Xigbar guiding Xehanort down this path makes sense considering his role was to get things rolling and watch as the next keyblade war played out. I find if funny how they decided to explain where the Org coats came from in the current time period.

Oh and here I though I was the only one to have that crazy thought. Especially after seeing what Coda meant I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Sora rewinding the final event one more time to safe Kairi, confident he and his friends will be able to pull through again.

For a teaser this wasn't too bad, though I seriously hope to see hints of more, just hope this trailer being initially leaked wont have too much of a serious consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back