• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS III remains the best-selling game of 2019 YTD for the fourth consecutive month

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
4 month in row dam telling ya if made 12 month in row i going be out in store finding sea salt ice cream lol
It ain't beating CoD. CoD will beat it in a single day. It always does.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm actually a little surprised KH3 has outsold KH1 considering KH2 never came close to that. The power of Frozen. 💙

But, no, really, the likeliest reason is that it was available for two systems at first release, right?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm actually a little surprised KH3 has outsold KH1 considering KH2 never came close to that. The power of Frozen. 💙

But, no, really, the likeliest reason is that it was available for two systems at first release, right?
It could have been availability on Xbone, but I personally feel that millennials are on a nostalgia high so KH3 is basically the epitome of nostalgia to the people that only played KH1 and 2 (and/or fans of Disney/Pixar films). Also, I think the worlds selected fit a wide range of current kids/teenagers who are nostalgic to films like Tangled/Frozen/Pirates of the Caribbean (like if they saw Frozen when they were 10, they would be 16 now) and whose parents probably played KH1 and 2 and/or own a PS4/Xbone themselves, so it just really spread across a lot of demographics.

Because of that, I've always had this feeling that Nomura made KH3 purposefully more friendly to new players, rather than long-time fans. I don't think new players would care about Leon/Yuffie/Cloud/Aerith and would be all about the Disney. That's why KH3 starts off in Olympus rather than an original world and the overall lack of original worlds (this is all the speculation in my mind).

NoWay

Awards
That's why KH3 starts off in Olympus rather than an original world and the overall lack of original worlds (this is all the speculation in my mind).
I actually think that this is very interesting considering they were first planning to let KH3 start off with Aqua in the RoD. From a fan’s point of view, I think this would have been great for the experience.
I would not deny that Olympus as the first world was a good choice for new players. But I think for us fans beginning KH3 with Aqua in the RoD would have been more epic. :)

k99y77

Awards
That's only if KH4 includes Disney. The secret ending didn't really hint at that.
Disney will be in future titles don't worry about it, The new seven princesses (we've seen 4 we still don't know who the other 3 are) also Pete and Maleficent being in the epilogue clearly indicates that they will play a role in future games.

SomeKHFan

Awards
Battlefield V is right below it in the rankings for sales over the last 12 months. The latter game has sold 7.3 million as of a few months ago, so KH3 has sold at least that.

I really do have to congratulate KH3 for selling so well. If it's correct that it had sold over 7.3 million copies at the end of April then, if it keeps going at this rate, it could become Square Enix's best selling game, surpassing FFXV. Maybe the game can reach the 10 million milestone in the future.

And with KH4, it depends how much hype there will be with some of the chosen properties. Worlds based off The Incredibles, Frozen 2, Zootopia, etc will likely have fans of those films play the game.

The Kid

Awards
I really do have to congratulate KH3 for selling so well. If it's correct that it had sold over 7.3 million copies at the end of April then, if it keeps going at this rate, it could become Square Enix's best selling game, surpassing FFXV. Maybe the game can reach the 10 million milestone in the future.

And with KH4, it depends how much hype there will be with some of the chosen properties. Worlds based off The Incredibles, Frozen 2, Zootopia, etc will likely have fans of those films play the game.
I believe Square's best selling game is still FFVII although that includes all re-releases and ports. It's about 11 million from what I remember and had about 9 million in its original release in 1997.

KH3 prob selling over 7 million is honestly fantastic. Well done!

Back