• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind Screenshots and Renders Released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

disney233

Awards
I REALLY wasn’t expecting Cid to have such a pretty face. Thinking about it, I don’t know if we’ve ever seen him in KH with a HQ animated face. He always had the fish face, iirc.
It's a breath of fresh air seeing characters with animated faces. Like...you really don't understand how happy I was with characters that NEVER had proper face animation. Chip, Dale, Scrooge, Merlin, Aerith, The list goes on & on.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I see. I just heard that they had her and Leon's models ready but were not used. And that's where I heard that plot for Riku and Mickey.
I think the theory of that being the original story came out way before that Ultimania interview.

Riku and Mickey get to the Realm of Darkness but the trail they're following goes cold so they decide to leave and regroup (and get new weapons). That's when they decide to retrace Aqua's footsteps but we only ever see them in Radiant Garden.

With Riku and Mickey being Masters, and Sora needing to perfect the Power of Waking, surely it would have been a more stronger thematic tie to showcase Riku and Mickey tracing the hearts connected to Aqua to actually pinpoint her in the Realm of Darkness, right? It's just learning about them having made the Fairy Godmother render that added fuel to this idea.

This is probably my one wish for what should have been in the base game. Everything else, I'm fine with being included in Re Mind, but showcasing Riku and Mickey actually using their Master powers and us seeing them retrace Aqua's steps while meeting the hearts of those she touched would have been absolutely wonderful.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Poor Cid has never had a costume change. Snappy old grease monkey probably doesn't even want plaid-updated threads. Seriously though, that render is based off of his KH1 illustration. ;0;

Cinderella is one of my favorites, so I'm happy to see the Fairy Godmother again. I'm hoping she'll have an actual function (seeing as the devs wanted to include her initially) rather than a cutscene or two for fanservice. :cool:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
With all these character and environment assets in place for Radiant Garden, it seems like a shame to not have it playable. It would be nice for this Riku section to be more than just cutscenes.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
With all these character and environment assets in place for Radiant Garden, it seems like a shame to not have it playable. It would be nice for this Riku section to be more than just cutscenes.
I feel they'vre recreated so many places in KH3 now that, if it's not playable in Re:Mind it should be in a follow up game.

I'd love to see how the restoration has gone. Seems the commity has been pretty successful, seems a lot of it looks like it did before the fall again

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel they'vre recreated so many places in KH3 now that, if it's not playable in Re:Mind it should be in a follow up game.

I'd love to see how the restoration has gone. Seems the commity has been pretty successful, seems a lot of it looks like it did before the fall again

Yeah, I’d also like to see them discover the basement beneath the castle so Aqua can recover her armor from the Chamber of Repose. Riku and Aqua could also discover something about Subject X while they’re there.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, I’d also like to see them discover the basement beneath the castle so Aqua can recover her armor from the Chamber of Repose. Riku and Aqua could also discover something about Subject X while they’re there.
I actually wonder, if Aqua can retrieve her Keyblade by simply returning to Radient Garden.

I get that she couldn't summon it across realms, but across worlds or a world should be possible I'd think.

The armor itself might require them finding the chamber.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I actually wonder, if Aqua can retrieve her Keyblade by simply returning to Radient Garden.

I get that she couldn't summon it across realms, but across worlds or a world should be possible I'd think.

The armor itself might require them finding the chamber.

I was thinking this as well, because now that she's back in the Realm of Light, she should be able to summon her armor like she would be able to summon her Keyblade. Now that she retired Master's Defender, that honestly is a plot point that they should for sure touch on for the next game. The Keyblade itself shouldn't be an issue unless it only acts within a certain range of the wielder's heart. Kinda like how you Bluetooth speakers work, and you've only got so much distance before your device (like a phone) disconnects.

I wonder just how different the story would've played out if Aqua had her armor, though. Maybe Nomura had the idea of Anti-Aqua as far back as BBS Final Mix.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was thinking this as well, because now that she's back in the Realm of Light, she should be able to summon her armor like she would be able to summon her Keyblade. Now that she retired Master's Defender, that honestly is a plot point that they should for sure touch on for the next game. The Keyblade itself shouldn't be an issue unless it only acts within a certain range of the wielder's heart. Kinda like how you Bluetooth speakers work, and you've only got so much distance before your device (like a phone) disconnects.

Can the armor also be summoned like a Keyblade? I don't remember this.

I think there could be a range for the Keyblade to be able to find it's wielder, though it's hard to say.
Like we don't know why Ven's and Terra's Keyblades could travel to the RoD to help her, yet her own and Master's Defender couldn't. Maybe it depends on if they're in hammer space or not?

I wonder just how different the story would've played out if Aqua had her armor, though. Maybe Nomura had the idea of Anti-Aqua as far back as BBS Final Mix.

I could see that, especially with him establishing that the armor would ward off Darkness, which she could have used in those 10 years.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Can the armor also be summoned like a Keyblade? I don't remember this.

I think there could be a range for the Keyblade to be able to find it's wielder, though it's hard to say.
Like we don't know why Ven's and Terra's Keyblades could travel to the RoD to help her, yet her own and Master's Defender couldn't. Maybe it depends on if they're in hammer space or not?

The armor has a button to press, usually on the pauldron or around that area. So once pressed, the wearer would automatically summon the armor onto their body instantly. The mechanics of it function pretty similarly to a Keyblade, and Aqua's design remains the same as it always has since BBS, so pressing the button should still be possible.

Xemnas had it locked up, though. So it's possible that those rooms in the basement might have special properties that prevent this.

I could see that, especially with him establishing that the armor would ward off Darkness, which she could have used in those 10 years.

Yeah, there's probably a threshold limit to what it could take, but her walking around in the armor wouldn't have stressed it by any means. I definitely think even from BBS, Aqua was planned to have a fall to Darkness one way or another, 0.2 flirted with this a lot. Since we never did get BBS Vol. 2 (and that game was hinted in BBS Final Mix I believe), I really think that this was a concept he had planned for a while now. Because BBS Vol. 2 would've most likely touched on stuff from 0.2, just much more fleshed out.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What would have made you think they would appear? Of all of the FF characters to return, they were the last ones I would expect like Setzer or Vivi.

I guess I just wanted other Final Fantasy representatives outside of Final Fantasy VII to return. I get that Leon's back, but he's the leader of the Radiant Garden restoration committee so he was a given along with the rest of the gang.

If the role of these Final Fantasy characters in this game is to help find Sora, maybe Tidus, Wakka and Selphie are back and are used to help track down Sora, too?

Guess who's back?

Fairy%20Godmother.jpg

This makes me so happy. How likely is it that she was voiced by Russi Taylor?

How awesome would it be if Terra and Aqua both suggested they seek out the Fairy Godmother?

Both of these ideas are so good, now I want them to end up in ReMind in some capacity.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The armor has a button to press, usually on the pauldron or around that area. So once pressed, the wearer would automatically summon the armor onto their body instantly. The mechanics of it function pretty similarly to a Keyblade, and Aqua's design remains the same as it always has since BBS, so pressing the button should still be possible.

Xemnas had it locked up, though. So it's possible that those rooms in the basement might have special properties that prevent this.

You know, I always thought that the armor button needed to be pushed to put the armor into hammer space and take it out of it.

Though it could simply be that it summons the armor.

Yeah, there's probably a threshold limit to what it could take, but her walking around in the armor wouldn't have stressed it by any means. I definitely think even from BBS, Aqua was planned to have a fall to Darkness one way or another, 0.2 flirted with this a lot. Since we never did get BBS Vol. 2 (and that game was hinted in BBS Final Mix I believe), I really think that this was a concept he had planned for a while now. Because BBS Vol. 2 would've most likely touched on stuff from 0.2, just much more fleshed out.

Yeah, there'd have probably been more story and more worlds Aqua would have visited in the full game. I still hope we get the Kairi and Riku hinted at segments of BBS vol. 2 at some point, but it's unlikely.

I feel like Ven vanishing is now non-cannon.

If the role of these Final Fantasy characters in this game is to help find Sora, maybe Tidus, Wakka and Selphie are back and are used to help track down Sora, too?

I'd really like that. They are some of Sora's oldest friends so having them help in bringing him back even in the smallest of ways would be nice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
FAIRY GOD MOTHER WHY IS SHE HERE. Riku is really
I guess I just wanted other Final Fantasy representatives outside of Final Fantasy VII to return. I get that Leon's back, but he's the leader of the Radiant Garden restoration committee so he was a given along with the rest of the gang.

This makes me so happy. How likely is it that she was voiced by Russi Taylor?

Both of these ideas are so good, now I want them to end up in ReMind in some capacity.

Russi died before recording for Re Mind began

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Seeing as how the Fairy Godmother was related to the Summons back in KH1, there may be a possibility she could give some more lore explanation about the Summons in this game.

That, or she's related to Riku and Mickey tracing back Aqua.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Guess who's back?

Fairy%20Godmother.jpg
It's the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella, I love her new render. Not surprised since she was set to be in Kingdom Hearts III according to the Ultimania, before she was removed from the final game.

Perhaps, she's in Radiant Garden with the Restoration Committee substituting for Merlin while he was training Kairi and Lea and later having Tea at Le Grand Bistrot in Twilight Town.

Now I'm curious when English voice work for ReMind began and wether Russi Taylor recorded lines for the Fairy Godmother before she passed away in July? However, going by Richard Epcar's interview it seems that voiceover work started around Late August early September, thus making it unlikely Russi recorded new lines, so perhaps Fairy Godmother gets a new Voice Actress.

We're still missing some renders that only appeared in the Ultimania

>Ansem, Seeker Of Darkness
>Ansem, Seeker Of Darkness (Organization Attire)
>Xemnas
>Terra-Xehanort (Organization Attire)
>Terra-Xehanort & Guardian
>Vanitas
>Luxord
>Young Xehanort
>Dark Riku
>Roxas
>Xion
>Ansem, the Wise
>Namine
What about Xigbar, Saïx, Aqua, Ventus and Terra? Their renders haven't been released publicly as well.

And I did saw Ansem the Wise in a HQ render in the gallery section, but only in his black coat.
She'll probably appear in a similar capacity to that of the Restoration Committee. I can't imagine it being too much more based on what we know her "role" was supposed to be.
She might've been substituting for Merlin while he went to train Kairi and Lea before he later went to Twilight Town having Tea at the Bistrot.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seeing as how the Fairy Godmother was related to the Summons back in KH1, there may be a possibility she could give some more lore explanation about the Summons in this game.

That, or she's related to Riku and Mickey tracing back Aqua.

I am almost certain she is going to be a part of Riku’s journey looking for Sora.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Really excited to see what role the Fairy Godmother is going to play. She's gotta be doing something special because otherwise she feels like such an odd inclusion. Something with Aqua, maybe?

redcrown

Awards
Really excited to see what role the Fairy Godmother is going to play. She's gotta be doing something special because otherwise she feels like such an odd inclusion. Something with Aqua, maybe?

I'm thinking it might be with Riku, only because she was chilling with Merlin last time we saw her, and Merlin is couch surfing with the FF gang, and it's confirmed Riku will be meeting with them at Merlin's house.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm thinking it might be with Riku, only because she was chilling with Merlin last time we saw her, and Merlin is couch surfing with the FF gang, and it's confirmed Riku will be meeting with them at Merlin's house.

Also, it’s kinda poetic to have Riku meet the people Sora met and helped him a lot when he started his journey. The FF gang, then Merlin, then Fairy Godmother.

They would each have some sort of comforting or guiding words to set Riku on the right path.

Back