• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepaige

Awards
With zero details, which characters get the best treatment (in terms of development and closure) and which get the worst?

I haven’t read any spoilers so no plot details please! Just want to know which characters I should go in with low expectations for, haha.

furusatoe

With zero details, which characters get the best treatment (in terms of development and closure) and which get the worst?

I haven’t read any spoilers so no plot details please! Just want to know which characters I should go in with low expectations for, haha.

There seems to be a pattern with the two people that responded to my similar question above that should help answer your question.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
It's sad that just yesterday, almost everyone was happy with the plot in KH3, and now I see everyone disappointed. ((
Very sad.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KHRULER

Awards
Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice Don’t think twice don’t think twice

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I have to say that I agree with Oracle Spockanort's thoughts on the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
I love all the characters the Kingdom Hearts franchise has introduced for us. I have never looked at Kairi as nothing more then Sora's LI and also a POH and a keyblade weilder. My favorite female character in KH is Aqua. I feel people like Kairi because she's cute and she wears cute outfits for people to cosplay as. But as a character she has always left a lot to be desired. I still like her and I root for her and Sora. :)

I feel like Kairi is very similar to Aerith in terms of character development.

Side note do we think the epilogue is gonna be playable?

Pokie

My gut instinct tells me that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I am so glad I'm not the only one who

finds most of the material we have seen to far concerning characters and their relationships with each other as rushed and almost paid no attention to.
I am in the same line as Spockanort with most things.

Like i.e. Roxas' return and how it happened is handled only with a few sentences spoken by him before the plot quickly moves forward again, he mentions Ansem the Wise having a hand in it and thus working to "atone" for what he once put him through but you never actually see anything in regards to it, them not even interacting once to show if their former antagonistic relationship somehow changed.

The "resolution" of Vanitas leaves one with a "what now?" face as while both Sora and Ven were willing to grant a second chance Vanitas just seems to be "lol nope, I like being evil" before he vanishes, the question if he's now gone for good or simply somewhere recuperating again not being answered (in Luxord's, Marluxia's and Larxene's cases it is outright stated they'll be recompleted as humans and Sora thinks he'll see them again one day) but Vanitas isn't a Nobody.
At least it gets firmly confirmed that both Ven and Vanitas are independent entities with their own hearts each.

In light of the two above I almost find the awakening of Ventus well done, even if what I read from some summaries the supposed special bond with Sora isn't really addressed much, they at least have some interaction, shake hands and Ven's return is actually shown compared to Roxas'.

Naminé seems to be almost non-existent while I haven't yet read anything too big spoilery about how Xion is handled, but the snippets I've come to know about Terra seem to imply that his case is handled the best (which does not need to mean much in regards to what the competition offers).

The actual reunion scenes between TAV and RAX were highlights it seems yet that doesn't mean much when it relies on past build up care for those characters and their known long suffering.
Everything else feels glossed over and there is neither an emotional buildup nor a [I]follow up[/I].

I have the suspicion that when it comes to some story parts and "solutions for character's problems" Nomura just wanted to "get over with it" and opted for the quickest and least impactful resolution available.

There seems to be a sort of rush to end the current saga storyline as quickly as possible in order to establish the new one whose setup is subtly but definitely placed throughout KH III itself, including all the pointers towards UX.

The individual relationships and characterisation of the characters be damned.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nah, KH3 took so long just to stall until Disney gives permission for SE to use Pixar properties because Nomura insists that without Pixar movies, there be no KH3 even back in 2006. So with the permission already granted, I don't think that the gap between KH3 and KH4 wouldn't be as wide as KH2 and KH3.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry for the spoiler ;-;.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who

finds most of the material we have seen to far concerning characters and their relationships with each other as rushed and almost paid no attention to.
I am in the same line as Spockanort with most things.

Like i.e. Roxas' return and how it happened is handled only with a few sentences spoken by him before the plot quickly moves forward again, he mentions Ansem the Wise having a hand in it and thus working to "atone" for what he once put him through but you never actually see anything in regards to it, them not even interacting once to show if their former antagonistic relationship somehow changed.

The "resolution" of Vanitas leaves one with a "what now?" face as while both Sora and Ven were willing to grant a second chance Vanitas just seems to be "lol nope, I like being evil" before he vanishes, the question if he's now gone for good or simply somewhere recuperating again not being answered (in Luxord's, Marluxia's and Larxene's cases it is outright stated they'll be recompleted as humans and Sora thinks he'll see them again one day) but Vanitas isn't a Nobody.
At least it gets firmly confirmed that both Ven and Vanitas are independent entities with their own hearts each.

In light of the two above I almost find the awakening of Ventus well done, even if what I read from some summaries the supposed special bond with Sora isn't really addressed much, they at least have some interaction, shake hands and Ven's return is actually shown compared to Roxas'.

Naminé seems to be almost non-existent while I haven't yet read anything too big spoilery about how Xion is handled, but the snippets I've come to know about Terra seem to imply that his case is handled the best (which does not need to mean much in regards to what the competition offers).

The actual reunion scenes between TAV and RAX were highlights it seems yet that doesn't mean much when it relies on past build up care for those characters and their known long suffering.
Everything else feels glossed over and there is neither an emotional buildup nor a [I]follow up[/I].

I have the suspicion that when it comes to some story parts and "solutions for character's problems" Nomura just wanted to "get over with it" and opted for the quickest and least impactful resolution available.

There seems to be a sort of rush to end the current saga storyline as quickly as possible in order to establish the new one whose setup is subtly but definitely placed throughout KH III itself, including all the pointers towards UX.

The individual relationships and characterisation of the characters be damned.

I'm at least willing to wait until the Epilogue. I really doubt it can cover what was missed throughout the game, but I'm willing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pokie

Nah, KH3 took so long just to stall until Disney gives permission for SE to use Pixar properties because Nomura insists that without Pixar movies, there be no KH3 even back in 2006. So with the permission already granted, I don't think that the gap between KH3 and KH4 wouldn't be as wide as KH2 and KH3.

Yeah, but the FFVII Remake though ?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
What really bites is that

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Yeah, but the FFVII Remake though ?
In terms of years count, or SE games as a whole, perhaps there is more, yes, but I was referring to non-numbered titles of KH itself in between. Between KH2 and KH3 we have Days, Coded, BBS, DDD, and Chi.That's 5 games. I don't think between KH3 and KH4 we will have more non-numbered that much, maybe just 1-2, 3 at most.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm at least willing to wait until the Epilogue. I really doubt it can cover what was missed throughout the game, but I'm willing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I keep forgetting the epilogue, lol.
It would have to be as long as the ending though and really go with a character-focused main premise to salvage some of the most grating rushed parts though.
So I'll ask to be excused for being skeptical.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Spoilers made me much more happy and confident in this game’s quality after seeing how all those generic original characters get relegated and just straight-up lose relevance in the story, and all the Disney characters were made to be the competent, badasses instead!

After 13 years, Nomura finally delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back