• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Graceful Schemer

Uh, just one thing:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ImVentus

Awards
...uh, Not true. These Fashion trends showed up during the god damn European Dark Age. The most conservative and religion focused period in human history. All it is, is just fashion trends changing overtime. It's been a thing since ancient Greece.
Aw, come on! Don't slice the preachiness of that little story synopsis.
I guess even stories need to be taken serious these days. Who said (story time) was about accuracy?

Last edited:

.:Mega:.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Just... ugh. How disappointing.

There are some things I like about the leaked story bits I've seen, but Kairi and Aqua really deserved better. :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
LOL. I love this game and everything I’ve seen except anything in regards to a certain character. all of the sokai stuff. It’s so forced, and just paints Kairi as a non-character solely driven by being Sora’s love interest.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Will post more info regarding the credits soon.

Just more thoughts on the spoilers, no new info:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wat?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

LOL. I love this game and everything I’ve seen except anything in regards to a certain character. all of the sokai stuff. It’s so forced, and just paints Kairi as a non-character solely driven by being Sora’s love interest.

Oh, so my impression that this whole thing feels like smashed in with a hammer just to follow up on what KH 1 & 2 implied isn't that rare it seems.

I certainly like the bits where Kairi functions as Sora's light, basically restores him (which is a callback to KH I no matter how different the visuals are) and leads him back to where the others are.
These things could have served as part of her own character arc but they just had to dumb it down.

That being said,

From what I've read and seen of accidental spoilers so far I have the suspicion that when it comes to some story parts and "solutions for character's problems" Nomura just wanted to "get over with it" and opted for the quickest and least impactful resolution available.

There seems to be a sort of rush to end the current saga storyline as quickly as possible in order to establish the new one whose setup is subtly but definitely placed throughout KH III itself, including all the pointers towards UX.

Like i.e. Roxas' return and how it happened is handled only with a few sentences spoken by him before the plot quickly moves forward again, he mentions Ansem the Wise having a hand in it and thus working to "atone" for what he once put him through but you never actually see anything in regards to it, them not even interacting once to show if their former antagonistic relationship somehow changed.

The "resolution" of Vanitas leaves one with a "what now?" face as while both Sora and Ven were willing to grant a second chance Vanitas just seems to be "lol nope, I like being evil" before he vanishes, the question if he's now gone for good or simply somewhere recuperating again not being answered (in Luxord's, Marluxia's and Larxene's cases it is outright stated they'll be recompleted as humans and Sora thinks he'll see them again one day).

In light of the two above I almost find the awakening of Ventus well done, even if what I read from some summaries the supposed special bond with Sora isn't really addressed much, they at least have some interaction, shake hands and Ven's return is actually shown compared to Roxas'.

Naminé seems to be almost non-existent while I haven't yet read anything too big spoilery about how Xion is handled, but the snippets I've come to know about Terra seem to imply that his case is handled the best.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
I really can't wait to see the epilogue and secret movie. It's gonna set up so much.

How long do you think the epilogue and secret movie will be as it's gonna set up the future of the KH franchise.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

brandedkarma

As Nomura has said that the series does not end with KH3 and that this is just the end of the Xehanort Saga, and taking the ending with Sora vanishing into account, I think that the next game in the series is going to be a retelling of the mobile game just with Sora as the lead instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the epilogue or secret ending had Sora meeting with The Foretellers, Luxu or The Master of Masters.

Last edited:

Scala's Hope

Awards
(Spoiler about Xehanort resolution)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show