• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I regret joining these forums. The leaks have made the worst of you worse and the best of you cringy.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, the scene with the chains is during the face off against Terranort and Vanitas, with Aqua and Ven as party members. I do have to say, I like that we are at least getting a gauntlet where we get to fight with the other GoL, even if the implication is that they can't win without Sora, at least we get to spend some time with them ending their respective arcs. But, OK, here's the thing. Vanitas's ending is fine, he basically decides he's going to be Ven's darkness because it's what he wants, but they don't recomplete or anything. Ven just accepts that Vanitas has chosen his path, Sora protests, but then Vanitas disappears so it's not clear if he's dead or what. Also Sora did see his face and Vanitas just explains it away as him being "Sora's shadow," which, I guess?

But the real problem is Terra's stuff. A lot of fan theories are validated, so that's nice: the Guardian for Terranort is in fact Terra's heart or something, but the execution is...really bad. Like unintentionally hilarious cheese-whiz bad. Terranort summons the dark chains which capture Aqua, Ven and Sora, and then he just laughs maniacally while waving his arms through the air, which causes the chains to swing around and shit, lol. Then he threatens to kill Aqua and Ven and the Guardian shoots out and rescues them. Then it tears the wraps off its mouth and speaks with Terra's voice, repeating the phrase, "I will set this right." Sora shoots a beam of light at Terranort, and Terra's heart is "released" from the Guardian and shoots into Terra, and I guess that's how Terra gets his body back. No mention of Eraqus, no clarity on what happens to the Xehanort part of Terranort. There is a really sweet scene where the BBS trio reunites, but it's not earned at all. The sequence of events leading up to it hardly make any sense, and it's Sora who ultimately frees Terra, not Ven and Aqua, although Terra pays lips service to them by saying they guided him through the dark blah blah. Sooo yeah.

Oh, and Kairi gets kidnapped [I]again[/I] and this time she gets killed by MX from the look of things. That's what causes edge Sora to come out for the second time this game. aljfs;lfajhiowhtueihr

Anyway onto the Days trio.

It is a good thing to have my 10.000th post about the issues of the BBS crew, lol.

So I guess the chains part is either before or after the actual gameplay fight.

What's the thing with Vanitas now? Does he actually change sides or is just defeated? That they don't fuse or "recomplete" is to be expected as 1) Vanitas has his own heart separate from Ventus, 2) Ven explicitly does NOT WANT to have Vanitas within him again and 3) they have developed so far apart that any fusion probably won't result in a 100% reunion anyways.
It's a bit weird from your explanation though what exactly Vanitas' and Ven's stance towards each other is in the end. Do they still mutually hate each other? Do they agree to just keep out of the other's sight or what?

Having the other GoLs as party members is a wonderful thing and one of the things I wished for so this is certainly a plus point as it involves the characters instead of having them as total bystanders.

It has been done before though that Terra's intervention is triggered by Aqua and Ven indirectly though so if they weren't present Sora wouldn't have had a chance to free Terra.
That there is no mention of Eraqus is odd though I guess the main issue to be happy about is that TAV are finally together again.

Puuhlease, again that old schtick and then with obligatory "kill before your eyes"-crap. Oh wow, who would have guessed. My My, Kairi fans are going to be completely furious at this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hopefully there will be a follow up on Roxas and Ven either in the ending or the epilogue, them being twins in looks is too great an opportunity to miss.
Wat? Kairi and Xion fight each other? Does that mean she's indeed a SoD?

Pokie

Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
I'm very proud of myself for restraining myself from not giving in to any spoilers.

palizinhas

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KHFan91

No matter what, I'm looking forward to this game.

I don't care what the naysayers are saying about what's been spoiled about the game, I'm going in with an open mind.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I regret joining these forums. The leaks have made the worst of you worse and the best of you cringy.
Thanks for sharing your feelings.

It is a good thing to have my 10.000th post about the issues of the BBS crew, lol.

So I guess the chains part is either before or after the actual gameplay fight.

What's the thing with Vanitas now? Does he actually change sides or is just defeated? That they don't fuse or "recomplete" is to be expected as 1) Vanitas has his own heart separate from Ventus, 2) Ven explicitly does NOT WANT to have Vanitas within him again and 3) they have developed so far apart that any fusion probably won't result in a 100% reunion anyways.
It's a bit weird from your explanation though what exactly Vanitas' and Ven's stance towards each other is in the end. Do they still mutually hate each other? Do they agree to just keep out of the other's sight or what?

Having the other GoLs as party members is a wonderful thing and one of the things I wished for so this is certainly a plus point as it involves the characters instead of having them as total bystanders.

It has been done before though that Terra's intervention is triggered by Aqua and Ven indirectly though so if they weren't present Sora wouldn't have had a chance to free Terra.
That there is no mention of Eraqus is odd though I guess the main issue to be happy about is that TAV are finally together again.

Puuhlease, again that old schtick and then with obligatory "kill before your eyes"-crap. Oh wow, who would have guessed. My My, Kairi fans are going to be completely furious at this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hopefully there will be a follow up on Roxas and Ven either in the ending or the epilogue, them being twins in looks is too great an opportunity to miss.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Talk about blunt. But, you're honestly right. I had to leave for a while because of how bad things were getting around here.

mriku90

Awards
So it seems people are now liking what is happening. Seems like KH3 fooled some people cause outright bashing it turned to praising it not even an hour later.

Zul

Awards
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hear hear, so Xehanort's control of his vessels isn't as absolute as advertised?

They team up to defeat Saix? Not Xemnas? Heh, looks like good old "Inndeeeed"-dude will be around for the finals.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So if I parse this correctly, both Sora and Ventus basically do offer Vanitas a second chance and his overbloated ego still gets in the way. Figures.
Ven's insistence that everyone can choose what they want to be by themselves is also somewhat to be expected, and obviously the exact opposite of Xehanort's "abomination beyond salvation"-type of assessment.

If it's DDD quality of cutscenes and setups I know what to expect.
So pacing is still a major problem it seems.
I guess I'll just have to swallow the whole it's a Sora-only show then.
This isn't going to get over very well when people start to analyze the whole thing.

Ouch, so despite all characters (except Donald) getting hit with the idiot ball at least once, Kairi still has it the worst?
Jeez, I can already see the internet explode in February.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So at least Xemnas is up to some quality and Lea/Axel is really going to further earn his redeemed status?

Heh, so Ansem the Wise actually has a hand in Roxas' return? Well, that's finally a character making amends to those he actually wronged, even if it happens behind the scenes again.

The whole Replica scenario and Roxas needing something to be "whole" (which implies completing his own new heart through connections as explained in DDD) makes actually sense and was widely theorized beforehand so that's actually something they got right.

Lol, that bit about Lea's Keyblade is hilarious and will probably satisfy quite some of those who didn't like that he got one.
So Saix is like Riku was in KH 1 only without doing the turn around in time.

So the main problem is pace and setup all over again. Most things are "good" but could be vastly better, just like it was in BBS and DDD.
Do I get it right in this vein?

I will of course form my own opinion on the whole thing when I play it myself as I don't actually look at the spoilers on purpose.

Yea, that's why I expect part of the fandom to be up in flames when the whole thing hits.

palizinhas

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Judging from the spoilers...this is the greatest Kingdom Hearts game I could have ever possibly asked for! :biggrin: The suprises, the Disney characters being awesome, the boss fights, everything.

I’m actually crying of happiness! My 12-year long expectations have officially been exceeded. What an amazing finale! Thank you Nomura!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ALSO
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
Not even dodging spoilers or anything, but just got home today and am so overwhelmed by the content that I may just give up trying to catchup and just experience it firsthand.

Neo_

Awards
I've never been big on the KH story, but this shit looks so good that it may actually motivate me to learn it and play all the games I haven't; as for now, gonna grab some popcorn and watch part 7. :redface:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh, and...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back