• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If you have been following this series for any lengthy period of time, you'd know that writing isn't exactly this series' strong suit. It's good with character to character moments but other than that this series has been lukewarm at best, middle schooler's fanfic at worst with its writing. If DDD was anything to go by, these writers have not been getting good at all, they have been progressively getting worse. I've been a big fan of this series since 2005 and even I gotta say, expecting good writing from this series is a bit too much. I came in with the expectation that KH3 was going to be Infinity War Square Enix Edition because it was blatantly obvious it was just going to be that.
And it's precisely those character to character moments which this game is not sufficiently rewarding, for reasons I've already outlined.

If the best argument you can provide is, "I don't care about the writing and I accept that it sucks," OK. It's your right to approach the game with that expectation in mind, but I'm not going to stop faulting it for failing at its basic purpose, which is to tell an effective story. Again, if you disagree with the specific examples and inferences I've made, I'm happy to entertain a discussion with you about them, but other than that it just seems like you're trying to shut down the conversation because you don't find a value in it. In which case, you have a right not to participate in it and talk about the aspects of the game which do have value to you.

Just cancel your preorder and shut the hell up. You've been nothing but complaining for probably the last 100 pages - do you not see how obnoxious that is? Don't bother typing an essay in response, I will not entertain it. It's just a JRPG, get a grip.
I mean, you had to go out of your way to highlight those spoiler tags and formulate a response, when you could simply elect not to. This is a discussion forum, you have no right to tell anyone to "shut the hell up," but it's nice of you to try.

XAROS

Geeze, you are an especially annoying poster. You’ve been complaining since the advent of this thread it seems like.

Lovesponge

Awards
Yes. And we will / can delete and infract if people don’t.
I get that. But what's the point actually of spoiler tagging when no one knows the subject they are talking about until you actually click on it? Almost nobody reveals what subject the spoilers are about.

So as long as nobody does that, spoiler tagging is useless IMO. Because if you only want spoilers about certain subjects you have to guess, so why would you even enter this thread then?

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Aqua took one look at that super saiyan demon tide and said F this lol. Donald putting in work with a kamehameha laser wave. Axel got bopped easily as did Ventus. Sad.. And how do i spoiler tag?

Mark your spoilers holy crap.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
OMG that was some BS
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Opinions thus far...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Now onwards to the Keyblade Graveyard.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
OMG that was some BS
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Smithee

Awards
Unfortunately, the writing (no spoilers here) seems to be confirming my fear that KH3 will be where I finally jump ship altogether.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

doublerainbow

Awards
Ugh.That was so hard to watch. I can see the OG leaker was being truthful now. This is the part that was "meh" and then it redeemed itself later somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back