• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I wonder if there might be secret Keyblades for completing the Flan minigames or getting high scores in all the Classic Kingdom games. I could see some fun designs for both.

I don't think I've heard of any, but the leaker doesn't seem interested in talking about either mechanic. I'm really curious about what this endgame keyblade is supposed to be, honestly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wonder if there might be secret Keyblades for completing the Flan minigames or getting high scores in all the Classic Kingdom games. I could see some fun designs for both.

I do hope that we get a flan keyblade. The yellow color for the flans would match Guardian Form's yellow. I'm also hoping we get the third magic form keyblade from Merlin

Leaferian

Awards
The funny thing is, even if we discount every similar keyblade as if it had a 100% identical transformation... that's still WAY more movesets than any other KH game has had. I count 7 additional movesets just on that premise alone. 9, if you count Ultimate and Rage Forms. Compare to KH2, which has 5 counting Anti Form.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The funny thing is, even if we discount every similar keyblade as if it had a 100% identical transformation... that's still WAY more movesets than any other KH game has had. I count 7 additional movesets just on that premise alone. 9, if you count Ultimate and Rage Forms. Compare to KH2, which has 5 counting Anti Form.

Normally I only use Final and Limit in KHII's post-game. This is because the original drive forms are built as natural escalations of each other: valor removes magic but allows you to attack very aggressively, promoting button mashing, wisdom promotes long-range strategies and allows you to power up your magic combos, master combines both and allows you to string together extremely long combos, and Final is literally just master but better at what it does. Final is the last form you needed, hence why you don't really use any other forms once you've unlocked it. Limit, however, gives you a very unique set of abilities that allow you to use useful abilities from the original game while keeping your party members. This was great for replay value, as it finally gave you a form completely divorced from the original drive form blueprint.

These drive forms are significantly different, more akin to command styles more than anything. I wonder what the names of each of them are. The mechanics of rage form interest me a lot, and I'm wondering what exactly it does to Sora other than probably lock him out of healing. While I miss the drive meter, I think that this is a compromise that's acceptable, and it's clear that this has been thought out quite a bit.

I can tell you right now that I'm going to be using these drive forms a lot more than I used the forms in II, although I may not go back to the Kingdom Key's Second Form once I have Starlight's Second Form S. Who knows, though!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
on the subject of keyblades, here's my ranking of the keys I've used from the demo.

Mirage Staff > Yo-Yos > Agile Claws > Drill > Hammer > Second Form

Leaferian

Awards
Normally I only use Final and Limit in KHII's post-game. This is because the original drive forms are built as natural escalations of each other: valor removes magic but allows you to attack very aggressively, promoting button mashing, wisdom promotes long-range strategies and allows you to power up your magic combos, master combines both and allows you to string together extremely long combos, and Final is literally just master but better at what it does. Final is the last form you needed, hence why you don't really use any other forms once you've unlocked it. Limit, however, gives you a very unique set of abilities that allow you to use useful abilities from the original game while keeping your party members. This was great for replay value, as it finally gave you a form completely divorced from the original drive form blueprint.

These drive forms are significantly different, more akin to command styles more than anything. I wonder what the names of each of them are. The mechanics of rage form interest me a lot, and I'm wondering what exactly it does to Sora other than probably lock him out of healing. While I miss the drive meter, I think that this is a compromise that's acceptable, and it's clear that this has been thought out quite a bit.

I can tell you right now that I'm going to be using these drive forms a lot more than I used the forms in II, although I may not go back to the Kingdom Key's Second Form once I have Starlight's Second Form S. Who knows, though!
In fairness, I didn't count Limit Form because it was added in the Final Mix. But yeah, even with that there's still 2-3 more movesets minimum.

And yes, that is a very good point. When you get Final Form, Limit Form is really the only other one worth using (except for specific challenges, like the Mushroom XIII you have to juggle and such).

In my opinion, even the "copies" look like they have some unique attributes. Knowing keyblades also get 2-3 passive abilities makes each one even more unique.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm honestly still super pumped for KH3, it might be my favorite one yet. I really am excited, I can't wait to go exploring and dive into the story!

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Omg I'm crying because...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Seighart

Awards
My questions is how did he access this fight? He also posted footage of the other playable character, but it wasn't much. Perhaps he had save files so he could go back to these events?

Awards
Omg I'm crying because...
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Wow so edgy and relatable...

Poor Aqua! :’(

she succumbed to the totally tangible and well-defined “darkness”...

such profound dilemmas that she had to face...

it totally wasnt some abstract nonsense!

I mean, we didn’t actually get to see anything other than her just being in some dim lit worlds and battling monsters, something shes been established to do with ease, but it’s the fact that SHE WAS LEFT ALONE for SO LONG that breaks my heart. So relatable...we’ve all been there, right guys???

cause y’know...she had real tangible dynamic relationships with her friends right?! Its not like Nomura just randomly decides wether characters can enter the realm of darkness or not for the sake of plot convenience or anything, right?! So she broke down due to people’s negligence...Wow...

OH my Heart... :’’(

Leaferian

Awards
My questions is how did he access this fight? He also posted footage of the other playable character, but it wasn't much. Perhaps he had save files so he could go back to these events?
Yes, the leaker confirmed that after certain fights he saved in a new file so he could go back and repeat them.

CDD

Awards

I mean, we didn’t actually get to see anything other than her just being in some dim lit worlds and battling monsters, something shes been established to do with ease, but it’s the fact that SHE WAS LEFT ALONE for SO LONG that breaks my heart. So relatable...we’ve all been there, right guys???

cause y’know...she had real tangible dynamic relationships with her friends right?! Its not like Nomura just randomly decides wether characters can enter the realm of darkness or not for the sake of plot convenience or anything, right?! So she broke down due to people’s negligence...Wow...

Perhaps wait for the explanation when the game is actually released. But I mean, you can extrapolate how Aqua got like this from trailer footage... she's not going to be in a good time fighting Ansem and his guardian without a keyblade.

Leaferian

Awards
Perhaps wait for the explanation when the game is actually released. But I mean, you can extrapolate how Aqua got like this from trailer footage... she's not going to be in a good time fighting Ansem and his guardian without a keyblade.
Don't feed the trolls, sweetie.

CrimsonSquall

230 pages of endless barrels of salt and tears.

230 pages of people complaining and writing off entirely a game they haven’t played.

Just lol the kh fanbase is in such a tizzy atm

bufferbufferbufferbufferbuffer So, she wasn't Norted? She just fell to the darkness of the RoD? What happens after the fight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
Great!

Can’t wait for them to explain everything instead of showing and expect the one and only showing of Aqua getting her ass kicked by Ansem’s guardian to suddenly make her relatable for everyone who isn’t an edgelord!

She’s so vulnerable guys! Look, without her keyblade, she’s NOTHING! What a stunning revelation! It’s almost like every other character that would be in the exact same predicament except it’s a female now — so the waifu wars can keep the virgins’ attention going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back