• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew0512

Awards
All this divisive discussion and I'm just waiting here for more spoilers cause regardless, KHIII is going to be a fun game like it's always been.

Even though Naminè got completely disrespected for how influential she's been to the series. Sure Nomura, leave such a female character out of the OP for the sake of the trio bs.

Good thing I'm out after 3.

The opening revolves around the final clash and Naminé is not a part of it (because she doesn't fight). She is on the game cover, even though they could have easily left her out for simmetry (or trio bs if you prefer) sake. I wouldn't call it disrespect.
I don't know how the game will handle her, but I have a good feeling.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
This is my first time being active for a new release, does it usually get like this?

I don’t think any game in the series was ever leaked like this.i mean couple of them broke street date by a couple of days or a week at most but that was it.

Last edited:
Good question. I didn't become a member until after DDD came out but I have a feeling it wasn't as bad then as it is now.

To answer your question, no. And I say that because I was highly active on this forum between 2004 and 2006 back when GFX was popular and I was part of a GFX team. It wasn't like this back then. Even if there had been a leak the internet wasn't what it was back then. Plus the fan base is larger now. Back then it was only people who played KH1 and chain of memories to hype up KH2.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
This is why I said both sides need to chill out a bit. Arguing isn't doing anything to help. It isn't. Opinions are fine. Opinions are great. But it seems everyone is trying to sway people one way or another, trying to say the other side is wrong for not agreeing with them. That accepting anything less than the best is terrible.

It isn't. And that's a fact. People are allowed to hate the game and people are allowed to love it. Brushing the hated aside as valid criticism won't help though, when you have already stated 3 is the end. Any feedback for 3 won't change it, won't help it. That feedback will go to making the next game. And without actually caring about post-KH3, what is the point? Criticism exists to help better the product you are criticising for for future purchases. This is the KH3 we are getting though. Nobody is swaying anybody, opinions are as they are. That's the end of it.

maximumlight8

Awards
I went through JP KH2 archives on 2005, and it's hilarious how much different it was back then. With KH2 the EU had to wait another 9 months after JP, and 6 months from the US release, that sounds like absolute torture. I would have just imported a US copy with swap magic and played it.

I never really even knew that KH could get leaked like this until after HS when I had time to browse the internet more. It's crazy to think just how early KH3 even got leaked, but it's a super anticipated game so I get why.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I went through JP KH2 archives on 2005, and it's hilarious how much different it was back then. With KH2 the EU had to wait another 9 months after JP, and 6 months from the US release, that sounds like absolute torture. I would have just imported a US copy with swap magic and played it.

I never really even knew that KH could get leaked like this until after HS when I had time to browse the internet more. It's crazy to think just how early KH3 even got leaked, but it's a super anticipated game so I get why.

Technology and procedure have changed since then too, also humankind also seems more likely to try and break the law regardless of consequences now a days.

UltimaXOmega

And why not Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred, and Baymax? Either all of them needed to be or just Baymax, imo. I can only imagine that if Hiro and GoGo were the party members, people here would be crying foul that they were favoring the characters of Asian descent over the African-American and Latina characters, two groups that have had little to no representation in the series.

To everyone:

I know people get mad for whatever reason over this, but you really shouldn’t buy the game if it in someway goes against your personal values. And don’t say you have to buy it so you can properly criticize it because you don’t. Neither are you obligated to play it because you’ve played the games so far.

Instead, watch Let’s Plays on YouTube from minority content creators who would benefit from your engagement rather than funneling more money to Disney/Square Enix, who have apparently wronged you and society by releasing this game. Then you can criticize the game’s content all you want and you aren’t supporting an apparently evil product and its creators.
Hiro and Go Go are the 2 most important characters in BH6. Those people can be butthurt about race but they will be butthurt regardless. Also 2 of the side characters are White.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I really hate to see that you have such a negative perspective about this game. I don't think I've seen you say anything positive about it in a while. It's a shame your view on it took such a hit.
I really hate that the game is like this, because it could have been so much better. And in simple, easily fixable ways, too. That said, I have posted about the things I like and left myself open to enjoying anything that's good which I haven't seen, or which is better than I expected, etc.

Instead of like FF system, they could keep the old KH system and have you be able to change them from the menu, however I think they wander around with you and just aren't traditional party members. We saw other toys walking around with Sora in the older Toy Story material right? Before they got to Galaxy Toys? So maybe they're allies like the FF characters in the Radiant Garden climax?
There are a lot of ways to do it and maybe it's still there in some form, but I'm going by what we have seen and what seems likely.

Who’s upset? But being self righteous isn’t a cute quality to have. I never claimed you weren’t welcome to express your opinion, in fact I even said you weren’t at fault for it. What I said was that its ridiculous of you to try and act like you’re representing the entire fan base.
Ok,but I'm not going to write "in my opinion" after everything I say just to get a seal of approval from you.

There's a difference though. Ariel was a necessity back then because she was the only character that could be a party member in Atlantica. With Frozen, there are alternatives.
No, the difference is in KH1 they figured out a way to give Ariel a combat role and make her awesome, and in KH3 they and/or Disney just make excuses.

As for BH6, that could be cool. But it's also a different approach that might not please every player (someone would surely want all members of the BH6 team on the field). You might be pleased with it, just as I'm completely fine with only Baymax. How can we decide when it's good enough and not half-baked?
We don't have to. incorporating all 6 of the main characters for the world is the bare minimum in terms of justifying its inclusion. How they do that would also be open to criticism, doesn't mean they shouldn't do it.

Also, Sora fears Elsa falling to darkness because, in KH terms, that means either turning evil or becoming a Heartless. Why wouldn’t he want to prevent her from succumbing to that same fate he, Riku, and others have? It seems like a pretty natural reaction to me.
Y'all continue to miss the point. It's about the intention behind how women are written in this series and in particular KH3. The Disney girls gotta be PoH, and Pure Hearts can only be female. That's not a coincidence, that's a choice that Nomura et al made in terms of how to depict women in this story. Elsa can't be allowed to fall to darkness even though Riku did that and came out fine in the end. Yes, he struggled, but from the looks of it so is Elsa: why is it her LIGHT that has to be protected, why is it she couldn't learn to own her darkness just like Riku did? Again, that's a choice the writers made as part of a trend in how they frame women within the series. AtW gets trapped in the RoD and comes out just fine with such a degree of control over it that he can use the darkness to change his own appearance. Aqua gets trapped there and she becomes a victim to it and needs Riku or Sora (and definitely not Kairi!) to come get her out. That's a choice. Xion is a character who fought and fought to find her purpose while Roxas sat around and did fuck all and she found a way out from the fate others had in store for her and she took. Now it looks like she's probably stuck in the darkness too, waiting for the boys of the trio to come to her rescue, undermining her agency and her arc. That's a choice. At some point we have to look at the sum total of the choices they've made and start drawing conclusions about the message they send, even if it's not the message that's intended.

First of all, Marshmallow isn't a guest, he's am actual party member. He wouldn't be present for the portal battles if he was. Second, I was referring to Big Hero 6 in my post, expecting 6 optional party members with level progression to level 99 for just one world is delusional.
You seem to be forgetting that in KH exp is shared amongst the whole party, even if a member isn't out on the field. It's always been that way to my memory. Also Disney characters literally never start at level 1. Big Hero 6 is an endgame world so it stands to reason that the enemies should be difficult and give plenty of exp which would then keepe everybody at a similar level. It's not that anybody here is delusional, it's that you and Osaka apparently share the same lack of imagination in terms of how to design the world to accommodate an obvious feature that would improve its game play value considerably.

Leaferian

Awards
This is why I said both sides need to chill out a bit. Arguing isn't doing anything to help. It isn't. Opinions are fine. Opinions are great. But it seems everyone is trying to sway people one way or another, trying to say the other side is wrong for not agreeing with them. That accepting anything less than the best is terrible.

It isn't. And that's a fact. People are allowed to hate the game and people are allowed to love it. Brushing the hated aside as valid criticism won't help though, when you have already stated 3 is the end. Any feedback for 3 won't change it, won't help it. That feedback will go to making the next game. And without actually caring about post-KH3, what is the point? Criticism exists to help better the product you are criticising for for future purchases. This is the KH3 we are getting though. Nobody is swaying anybody, opinions are as they are. That's the end of it.
But that would require being a stable adult capable of saying "This is my opinion, feel free to disagree but it's how I feel," and leaving it at that. Something of a rarity, it seems.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Y'all continue to miss the point. It's about the intention behind how women are written in this series and in particular KH3. The Disney girls gotta be PoH, and Pure Hearts can only be female. That's not a coincidence, that's a choice that Nomura et al made in terms of how to depict women in this story. Elsa can't be allowed to fall to darkness even though Riku did that and came out fine in the end. Yes, he struggled, but from the looks of it so is Elsa: why is it her LIGHT that has to be protected, why is it she couldn't learn to own her darkness just like Riku did? Again, that's a choice the writers made as part of a trend in how they frame women within the series. AtW gets trapped in the RoD and comes out just fine with such a degree of control over it that he can use the darkness to change his own appearance. Aqua gets trapped there and she becomes a victim to it and needs Riku or Sora (and definitely not Kairi!) to come get her out. That's a choice. Xion is a character who fought and fought to find her purpose while Roxas sat around and did diddly all and she found a way out from the fate others had in store for her and she took. Now it looks like she's probably stuck in the darkness too, waiting for the boys of the trio to come to her rescue, undermining her agency and her arc. That's a choice. At some point we have to look at the sum total of the choices they've made and start drawing conclusions about the message they send, even if it's not the message that's intended.

You seem to be forgetting that in KH exp is shared amongst the whole party, even if a member isn't out on the field. It's always been that way to my memory. Also Disney characters literally never start at level 1. Big Hero 6 is an endgame world so it stands to reason that the enemies should be difficult and give plenty of exp which would then keepe everybody at a similar level. It's not that anybody here is delusional, it's that you and Osaka apparently share the same lack of imagination in terms of how to design the world to accommodate an obvious feature that would improve its game play value considerably.

Well, we don’t know that Elsa is in fact a PoH. Only that she’s a possible candidate for one. We at least have Larxene proposing that Elsa has a choice: to accept either light or darkness. This doesn’t seem typical of how they’ve depicted the Princesses in the past and I’m glad she seems to have some agency. We’ll have to see how it’s played though.

But with Sora, while he has seen Riku come back after falling to darkness, it is still normal for him to not want others to experience that same hardship. Or worse, the fates that have befallen characters like Clayton who fell to darkness. The way I see it, he wants to help her learn to keep her darkness in check the same way Riku did, just without all the hardship. However, if you’re right and he is just trying to control her life, then maybe he will learn his lesson about interfering when people are trying to work out their issues. The same way Anna had to in the film when she pushed Elsa too much and got blasted as a result. I wouldn’t mind Sora getting hurt by Elsa to see how he handles it, tbh. Lol

I agree with you on BH6. It’s such a stellar cast. With all their unique abilities, there’s so much potential for all of them as party members. We see them all fighting in various cutscenes, so I still hope there’s some events where they all fight. Nomura has even said there would be times when more than five people are in the party. Since we also have an ending that should include so many heroes, you’d think a party system that allows for more members, even if they need to be interchanged, would be a no brainer. This only impacts my perception of gameplay though, not story. As I said before, characters being party members don’t automatically make them better characters to me.

Awards
I agree, because you are it. 'Cause it seems there's only one "side"*** here spewing personal insults like "self-righteous," "entitled," and so on. There's only one side pissed to see someone express an opinion that's not their own without 'countering' it in some way.

*** Re: "sides": If it isn't clear already, not everybody who is disappointed about something is the same as every other person who has expressed disappointment about something else. Because people are, I don't know, complex things, right?

How am I being self righteous? And if you actually read my original post, you wouldn’t be saying that. I never said I was pissed off about their opinion and I also said they weren’t wrong for it. What I said was that they were expressing their opinion as if it were the opinion of the entire fan base. I wasn’t disappointed in the opinion itself.

And nowhere in my apparent “counter” did I claim my opinion was above theirs or anyone else’s.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Hey guys, you should take your argument to PMs. This has gone from discussing leaks to going at each other in this forum and making it kind of toxic. Alexis.anagram is entitled to her opinions, and so are the other people arguing with her, but it's not a productive discussion in this space right now.

This also applied to the other people arguing. It's gone from open discussion to personal accusations. Take it else where, please.

Memory_Keeper

Awards
Hey guys, you should take your argument to PMs. This has gone from discussing leaks to going at each other in this forum and making it kind of toxic. Alexis.anagram is entitled to her opinions, and so are the other people arguing with her, but it's not a productive discussion in this space right now.

This also applied to the other people arguing. It's gone from open discussion to personal accusations. Take it else where, please.

Totally agree with all of this.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Y'all should chill. Feels like everyone's already half-Xehanort and are going all out Keyblade War on one another.

Let's discuss the pros and cons of the game peacefully. If you're going to pull an All Out Attack, take it to the PMs.

---

With that said, in my personal opinion, I am saddened that the Disney aspect of the game took a lot more of the focus, causing a lot of people to say that this game is rushed, which I wholeheartedly think it isn't. Other than that, KH has always been a series where its main campaign is situated between 37 to 42 hours of story. KH3 is around that mark. Trying to go for something longer could detriment the game in some way. Just look at how long Xenoblade Chronicles 2's story is, and what sacrifices had to be made in order to focus on some aspects.

With that said, y'all should lower your expectations for the innevitable KH4.

Y'all should chill. Feels like everyone's already half-Xehanort and are going all out Keyblade War on one another.

Let's discuss the pros and cons of the game peacefully. If you're going to pull an All Out Attack, take it to the PMs.

---

With that said, in my personal opinion, I am saddened that the Disney aspect of the game took a lot more of the focus, causing a lot of people to say that this game is rushed, which I wholeheartedly think it isn't. Other than that, KH has always been a series where its main campaign is situated between 37 to 42 hours of story. KH3 is around that mark. Trying to go for something longer could detriment the game in some way. Just look at how long Xenoblade Chronicles 2's story is, and what sacrifices had to be made in order to focus on some aspects.

With that said, y'all should lower your expectations for the innevitable KH4.

I hate you lol. I was just about to say if we all really were Keyblade Weilders half of us would've fell to darkness already. Mine is "channeled" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back