• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaXOmega

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zexelf

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leaferian

Awards
Also, in regards to Keyblades, the leaker said that you get new passive abilities by leveling them up. In his recent twitter post, he specifies in one of the comments that he is talking about how when you unlock the last level there's a cinematic sort of pop up, but that the keyblade doesn't change form, gain any new passives at that level, and doesn't get any new transformations. So yeah, just to set that straight.

CDD

Awards
So thus far we have:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Job well done Osaka. Much hype. So glad they focused time and energy on these specific world choices so that we could get the best possible experience out of our Disney visits.

You're insane if you expected all the members of Big Hero 6 to be a party members.

Also, your posts show a stunning lack of understanding of how game development works. You think "Osaka" is purposely not including things in the game to personally spite you, when deadlines are a real thing and this game has to come out at some point.

The fact that you and other posters compare this to the other games in the series that are mostly re-uses assets to the first KH game made in a modern dev environment is quite something.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Saying that fans will be encouraged to wait for the next game to do what KH3 was “supposed” to do is completely self righteous because you say it as though you’re speaking for everyone else.

Everything you said is YOUR opinion and YOUR expectations. There will clearly be plenty of fans who will be satisfied with the outcome of the game. No one said you’re at fault for “taking this shit to task” but to think that you’re representing the entire fan base is ignorant.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Can we all just agree to disagree on whether the game is good or not? I mean, it's not even out yet. This argument back and forth is getting nowhere. The only reason opinions are shared is to try to get someone else to agree with you, and when you reach someone that is trying to do the same to you with their opposite opinion, it leads to an argument with no end.

KH3 was always going to disappoint someone, the same way any "finale" does. There was always going to be something plot or gameplay related that ticked off a portion of the KH fanbase.

Something I've noticed is that, for the most part, the ones spelling the most doom for KH3 are the ones that favored KH2 over KH1, and the reverse is true for those who think everything is fine. For me, I wanted KH3 to be more like KH1 anyway, and it looks like it's taking the KH1 approach to world intigration and mixing it with KH2 level combat. Perhaps a bit floatier in 3, but still looks great.

Do I think KH3 is going to be the best in the series? No, of course not. It might, I have no experience playing it through to actually give that claim. But in my experience, "finales" have never, ever, been the best a series has to offer. Return of the King was not the best Lord of the Rings. Deathly Hallows was not the best Harry Potter. The list goes on and on.

Also, this game will be the breaking point for a large part of this community. I believe half of the forums will leave forever after 3. Those people will be a mixture of members who are disappointed in the game, those who wanted the series to end there, and those who want to move on even though they loved it. The other half will probably be people like me. Either they will love the game unconditionally, not like it but still be invested going forward, or not care one way or another. In short, the ones more forgiving of KH3 are the ones who are most likely to keep going with the series after.

The Kingdom Hearts fandom as a whole will be fractured, and any complaints about KH3 will be used as feedback for the absolutely inevitable KH4. I personally believe it won't even take long to get to that one after this, because like KH2 they could just use the same engine and make new models and worlds, saving tons of development time.

I guess I'm just tired if the bickering at this point. Having an opinion is fine. Trying to get others to admit your opinion is right is not. There is no higher power that determines what quality is anyway. None. Personally I just settle for things in life and learn to find happiness out of mediocrity. Striving for better is a waste of time to me anymore.

Sorry for the rant but both sides are being a bit aggressive,, cynical, and sarcastic against each other. I'm just tired of it. If you like KH3, great. If you don't, then what more can we do?

sorawild

Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you were expecting any sort of progressiveness from a Japanese game developed by a Japanese company (who notoriously do not give two shits about western gender politics) in [Insert Current Year], you were setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems you're more angry at the current state of the female characters of KH than anything else.

CDD

Awards
Watching these leaks send some of you off the deep end is entertaining, I admit.

2 quid is good

Awards
Can we all just agree to disagree on whether the game is good or not? I mean, it's not even out yet. This argument back and forth is getting nowhere. The only reason opinions are shared is to try to get someone else to agree with you, and when you reach someone that is trying to do the same to you with their opposite opinion, it leads to an argument with no end.

KH3 was always going to disappoint someone, the same way any "finale" does. There was always going to be something plot or gameplay related that ticked off a portion of the KH fanbase.

Something I've noticed is that, for the most part, the ones spelling the most doom for KH3 are the ones that favored KH2 over KH1, and the reverse is true for those who think everything is fine. For me, I wanted KH3 to be more like KH1 anyway, and it looks like it's taking the KH1 approach to world intigration and mixing it with KH2 level combat. Perhaps a bit floatier in 3, but still looks great.

Do I think KH3 is going to be the best in the series? No, of course not. It might, I have no experience playing it through to actually give that claim. But in my experience, "finales" have never, ever, been the best a series has to offer. Return of the King was not the best Lord of the Rings. Deathly Hallows was not the best Harry Potter. The list goes on and on.

Also, this game will be the breaking point for a large part of this community. I believe half of the forums will leave forever after 3. Those people will be a mixture of members who are disappointed in the game, those who wanted the series to end there, and those who want to move on even though they loved it. The other half will probably be people like me. Either they will love the game unconditionally, not like it but still be invested going forward, or not care one way or another. In short, the ones more forgiving of KH3 are the ones who are most likely to keep going with the series after.

The Kingdom Hearts fandom as a whole will be fractured, and any complaints about KH3 will be used as feedback for the absolutely inevitable KH4. I personally believe it won't even take long to get to that one after this, because like KH2 they could just use the same engine and make new models and worlds, saving tons of development time.

I guess I'm just tired if the bickering at this point. Having an opinion is fine. Trying to get others to admit your opinion is right is not. There is no higher power that determines what quality is anyway. None. Personally I just settle for things in life and learn to find happiness out of mediocrity. Striving for better is a waste of time to me anymore.

Sorry for the rant but both sides are being a bit aggressive,, cynical, and sarcastic against each other. I'm just tired of it. If you like KH3, great. If you don't, then what more can we do?

One of the best and most level headed posts I've seen here that has actually convinced me to simmer down, thank you man, your words really hit deep and you haven't been condescending in the slightest.

Watching these leaks send some of you off the deep end is entertaining, I admit.

I'm glad I got spoiled now, I probably would have cried if I found out whilst playing what TT would be like.

Well not cried but I certainly would have been upset.

sorawild

There is already a tiny yet fairly loud portion of the fanbase that says they wont buy KH3 cause they dont like the opening theme lol.

Awards
There is already a tiny yet fairly loud portion of the fanbase that says they wont buy KH3 cause they dont like the opening theme lol.
48d.png

Do they think Skrillex is still all dubs and wubs

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
On the whole, I am trying to withhold judgment on this front because there are a lot of unknowns here. But between Aqua, the new PoH, and literally everything that we have seen of or about Kairi, I can not shake the feeling that something terrible is about to transpire. That is to say, there was a sense that the series was finally beginning to make some progress (incremental though it was) with female protagonists like Aqua and Xion, who were, to whatever extent possible given their circumstances, commanders of their fate and agents of change within their own personal stories. That excited me for their potential in KH3, and the idea that a less proactive character like Kairi might be able to ride that wave of progress towards real development and a storyline of her own. But the more we see of KH3, the more entrenched it appears in those old, stupid ideas of positioning women as interchangeable, defenseless, a reward for boys and men to go after and prove their heroism.
Holy shit calm the hell down

I don't even know what you're talking about here
I have never, do not now, and will never see the women in KH the way you apparently do.
And I can't fathom the headspace you'd have to put yourself in to do so.
I imagine it's rather bleak.

or why Kairi is stuck getting kidnapped again so that players can literally get a trophy for rushing to her rescue
Funny that's where you took that trophy description, because I figured it was about Sora and Kairi meeting up after she's completed her training, during which she's been secluded from the others.
It doesn't say "save Kairi," it says "reunite with Kairi."
But if you want to make yourself upset over things that haven't happened, I suppose I can't stop you.

I mean look at the apparent world plot for Frozen (often misguidedly regarded as a paragon of pop feminism) in which it's been reimagined so that actually it was Sora protecting Elsa from Larxene all along! Because that's what was missing from the movie: a strange guy to stalk Elsa against her will and make sure she's safe while she karaokes the one memorable song from that film in self-imposed damseldom. The scene where Sora talks about how he won't let Elsa turn to darkness is also actually the worst, because his best boyfriend eats darkness for breakfast and Sora doesn't even care.
Let's just forget Riku's four-game long redemption arc for having done exactly that involving a constant internal struggle with himself and the ghost of the man that made him that way, including a complete transformation of his physical form.

Or how Sora was very recently trapped in a darkness coma from which he had no power to engineer his own escape.
But yes, how very dare he endeavor to prevent someone else from sharing a similar fate.

Anyway sorry for going off on you
I just get unreasonably upset about people being unreasonably upset

drew0512

Awards
Do we know if maxing a keyblade has some effect on their appearence? I'm high-key wanting that cool glowing aura from KHUx.

Greenice

Do we know if maxing a keyblade has some effect on their appearence? I'm high-key wanting that cool glowing aura from KHUx.

Unfortunately it doesn't.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I love this comment. Thank you. This is exactly how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodx

I just feel sorry for the people who will not play a great game just because of so small things,people can have wathever opinion they want,will not interfere on my experience after all,every KH for me is so especial and bring so many memories (Girls I met,jobs I have at every release) that I just will enjoy independant from the community .

Zexelf

Spoiler Spoiler Show

>I'm sorry Nomura and Osaka couldn't deliver and KH3 is not the best version of what it could have been, and now it seems like that the only way to justify the reason things are the way they are is to evade the core issues with their approach and regurgitate their own preemptive excuses back at the audience.

Of course they couldn't deliver everything because people have different expections ffs, this game was announced 6 years ago and some people are waiting for 13 years.

People hyped up this and obvious that even if the took 10 years to make and had everything that you mention + every world from every game someone would come and say ''I'm dissapontied that X character didn't as much devemploment as i wanted'' or '' That this characters wasn't in the game as companion''.. It's impossible to fulfil ALL people expection.

I'm very sad that TWEWY characters are in the game even if it's a no brainer to have them in BH6, now i gonna say it that Nomura couldn't deliver? Of course not , i didn't played the game.. KH3 is supposed to be the end of Xehanort Saga , expecting everything to happen and to done in this ONE game, it's delusional even if the game was really on devemploment for 13 years;

The problem i have with this game is that i feel it is a rushed game made in a very short time. I don't like this has to answer all questions related to previous games and link all things into this game (it feels messy and confusing, that's my perception, i can be wrong).
The number of worlds is very low and the choices of allies for each world are weird. Marshmallow... really? Why not Elsa, Kristoff or even Olaf? The same goes for Rapunzel, she can fight in other ways. And BH6 world only has Baymax as ally... what happens with the other members? Aren't they important?
The lack of FF characters is disappointing and don't tell me is just a KH game, because the success of KH1 was thanks to FF and Disney characters along with the KH original characters all included perfectly well... In this game there should be much more FF references.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back