• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew0512

Awards
Should have delayed the game a year or two to make the original worlds, actual worlds.
That's just what you want and not what should be necessarily in the game. Original worlds need to be the lenght they're supposed to be to fulfill their purpose.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Can't wait to do a huge in depth review on this game when it comes out. Full 8-part world analysis for every world, full combat overview for every element, full story discussion, everything. The story is what I'm most excited about, and what I'm playing the whole game for. I also can't wait to actually experience it without a leaker telling me contradictory information on it.

CDD

Awards
Seems like the team are going to have a lot of work on their hands regarding the post game and DLC if what we've seen is anything to go by, people will be complaining a lot about the lack of things.

I'm expecting extra trophies, secret bosses, coliseum (although the battle portals seem to have replaced this) or maybe extra battle portals, making certain areas expanded or accessible, data battles or boss replay mode, removing flashing from the walls, scaling difficulty, etc... Whether they'll update some of this, all of this or add it all as a Final Mix version remains to be seen.

I guess what I think is they should’ve been able to do more in the time they had. They had 3x the time of 3D, which had 7 huge worlds including the originals and was for a handheld. Just sayin’.

Regardless of what you think KH3D was made using re-used assets and KH3 was made from scratch in an HD dev environment. The situations aren't comparable.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You cannot criticize this game because it has not the Disney worlds you wanted it to have. Damn, this is so annoying
Yes, you can. The Disney world choices are uninspired and generally feel like marketing fodder for current franchises (whether or not they're intended that way is besides the point). It's disappointing because our media landscape is already inundated with most of these IPs, and KH has consistently gone out of its way to make unlikely choices that keep the world selection feeling fresh, plus it pays homage to those lesser known/fringe titles which is part of the fun and aesthetic. The fact that the original worlds seem to have been kneecapped in order to make room for these properties just so they can be big only heightens the sense of resentment.

We're not even getting obvious choices like TP&TF, Hawai'i, or another returning world to help ground this adventure for Sora in past titles. There's (probably) no Aladdin/Genie link, no Jack Skellington link, even Tinkerbell's not in the game. This is either rushed or poorly conceived, but either way it's not even getting the job done as far as Disney content goes. If that was really the priority for this game, you would think they would have gone all out and pushed for this really basic stuff.

Anr12

Not sure if this is in the right spot or not but figure it pertains to leaks, I just received a notification from amazon saying that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be delivered tomorrow? Im not sure if this is a mistake but did anyone else as well?

Awards
This is just making me feel like Disney was calling the shots most of the time. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is just making me feel like Disney was calling the shots most of the time. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
If so it was kind of a miracle Hercules made it in among all the other modern Disney films. That film isnt part of an ongoing franchise and could have easily been pushed aside for another modern Disney film

drew0512

Awards
Regardless of what you think KH3D was made using re-used assets and KH3 was made from scratch in an HD dev environment. The situations aren't comparable.
And not only that. DDD's worlds were bigger than KH2's but it only made the lack of life more noticeable. La Cité des Cloches was atrocious and awkward to play through because it was a zombie town and it was supposed to be the exact opposite.
On the other hand, KH3 seems to fix huge problems this series has been having for years but looks like no one cares.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

What reused assets? The base Traverse Town, which is tiny compared to the new segments? Or The World That Never Was which borrows almost no locations from KH2? Even Sora's and Riku's models are different in 3D. Sorry those facts were a little too inconvenient for your spiel, but they are absolutely comparable.

ZJGamer

Yes, you can. The Disney world choices are uninspired and generally feel like marketing fodder for current franchises (whether or not they're intended that way is besides the point). It's disappointing because our media landscape is already inundated with most of these IPs, and KH has consistently gone out of its way to make unlikely choices that keep the world selection feeling fresh, plus it pays homage to those lesser known/fringe titles which is part of the fun and aesthetic. The fact that the original worlds seem to have been kneecapped in order to make room for these properties just so they can be big only heightens the sense of resentment.

We're not even getting obvious choices like TP&TF, Hawai'i, or another returning world to help ground this adventure for Sora in past titles. There's (probably) no Aladdin/Genie link, no Jack Skellington link, even Tinkerbell's not in the game. This is either rushed or poorly conceived, but either way it's not even getting the job done as far as Disney content goes. If that was really the priority for this game, you would think they would have gone all out and pushed for this really basic stuff.

I wouldn't necessarily say the Disney Worlds are uninspired or that they're bad choices (The exception being 100 Acre Woods). I mean honestly so far the Disney Worlds have been the best thing I've seen from KH3 so far. The Caribbean looks really good. San Fransokyo looks good too, it just needs a few more NPC's. Corona looks good from the trailers, Toy Box looks great, Arendelle I need to see more of before I judge it. Monstropolis looks great, and Olympus looks great.

In terms of world selection I mean something like Treasure Planet obviously wouldn't work since it's too similar to The Caribbean and Nomura doesn't like using two worlds with similar themes in the same game. I can also understand Hawaii getting cut for the same reason since The Caribbean and Hawaii would both be tropical environments. Still though there are other films that could have been adapted as world instead of something like 100 Acre Woods. Again Jungle Book is the most obvious since it's been cut out of KH1, BBS, and KH3D. Kingdom Hearts III lacks a Jungle World so why not go with the Jungle Book for this game. If you want to bring back another old world then Agrabah would have made the most sense as you could have wrapped up it's plot with the King of Thieves and concluded this world with the final chapter of the Xehanort Saga.

In terms of Disney Worlds it's the 100 Acre Woods that really bugs me. With stuff like the Sledding Mini-Game in Arendelle, the ring Mini-Game in San Fransokyo, Battle Ships in The Caribbean, the dancing Mini-Game in Corona, along with the Classic Kingdom games, did we REALLY need another world that is entirely devoted to mini-games like 100 Acre Woods? I don't think so. I really think they could have filled it's slot with another Disney property and if they wanted to they could add 100 Acre Woods as DLC later on.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well, this may or may not be the case, but I've always felt Disney dipping its fingers in the KH franchise would bring more negatives than positives, and so far we have:

Disney and its creators being ar about their content and how it should be included so we can't get party members like Elsa and Anna, or a visit to iconic locales like Pizza Planet, because of restrictions. (Elsa doesn't even seem to be a link.)

Might have been a factor in making the world list/selected Disney content more boring than it ought to be. Unclear if they pushed for reductions in non-Disney content.

Practically no meaningful contribution to this game's marketing or exposure.

Again, KH was and is better off as a self-contained, strange little side project. Disney doesn't understand the appeal of it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If so it was kind of a miracle Hercules made it in among all the other modern Disney films. That film isnt part of an ongoing franchise and could have easily been pushed aside for another modern Disney film

Search your heart, Swoosh. You know they are going to announce a Hercules live action film soon enough.

NoWay

Awards

No, you can’t. It’s hilarious to state the worlds are uninspired when everyone was begging for exact these worlds in 2015.
And they are going to be the most diverse and unique Disney worlds ever. So until you haven’t played the game, you all are not able to criticize anything in regard to this. However, the situation with the original worlds is completely different. But I don’t know, I need to play the game for myself to say anything about it. I am convinced that KH3 will be one of the best gaming experiences ever in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm not too upset over the films they chose although, yes, I definitely would've had something older in there like Peter Pan/Alice/Pinocchio in 1 and TRON/Steamboat Willie in 2. I believe the worlds that are there have great designs and will be a lot of fun.

Scala's Hope

Awards
I still find interesting that there is an achievement for the beginning of the final battle, instead of the conclusion.
I wonder if it will be in KG or in Scala where it gets unlocked. The second option kinda suggest a long final battle.

Also it makes sense that the secret boss trophy is for the gummy ship superboss since the normal superboss trophy can easily be the "Complete the adversaries tag" one, especially if Nomura doesn't want to drop hints about it

Awards
Well, this may or may not be the case, but I've always felt Disney dipping its fingers in the KH franchise would bring more negatives than positives, and so far we have:

Disney and its creators being ar about their content and how it should be included so we can't get party members like Elsa and Anna, or a visit to iconic locales like Pizza Planet, because of restrictions. (Elsa doesn't even seem to be a link.)

Might have been a factor in making the world list/selected Disney content more boring than it ought to be. Unclear if they pushed for reductions in non-Disney content.

Practically no meaningful contribution to this game's marketing or exposure.

Again, KH was and is better off as a self-contained, strange little side project. Disney doesn't understand the appeal of it.
Remember when they wanted Donald to be the main character and only allowed Mickey to be in one scene?

Yeaaaaaaah.

mytomxxx

We have all the usable keyblades confirmed already?

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cause I want more non-disney keyblades, in kh1 and kh2 they were the best for me.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
No, you can’t. It’s hilarious to state the worlds are uninspired when everyone was begging for exact these worlds in 2015. And they are going to be the most diverse and unique Disney worlds ever. So until you haven’t played the game, you all are not able to criticize anything in regard to this.
We've seen all the Disney worlds, so we know what they are. The game can be criticized on the basis of its selection because we know what the selection was. It's not just about environmental diversity (the other games had plenty of that, as well). Within Disney's archives, there is a wealth of artistic diversity in terms of tone, characterization, stylization and iconography throughout the studio's animation history, and that is just as important to making a KH game feel fully realized as basic level design concerns. That's not being represented in this title very well. Arguing that is is the most "unique" lineup when KH1 had Alice in Wonderland, Deep Jungle, and TNBC in the same game, and KH2 had Tron, PotC, Timeless River, and The Lion King is a very fraught assertion. We aren't even getting anything as breathtaking and inspired as Fantasia in DDD. That world's design alone puts what we've seen of most of KH3's to shame, and it was released for a handheld device 6-7 years ago.

I am convinced that KH3 will be one of the best gaming experiences ever in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
But I thought it can't be judged yet because we haven't played it for ourselves? ;)

mytomxxx

just took a small look at bh6, maaaaan it's look so big, omg, sure the leaker makes better videos than square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back