• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darvandark

Finally caught the MI video not as hyped on this one, it looks good but it just didn't wow me near as much. Probabaly because of the more industrial design so even though the areas were different they still kind of felt the same. Then again I've never really been a fan of those kinds of levels aesthetically. A blast to play though so I'll see when it releases.

Neo_

Awards
I don’t know if you can call this misinformation blitz healthy. I don’t think what SE is doing is by showing nothing is good, either, but I think this has caused more..strife than you’d find within the month before the release of a game. To be fair, the last two big releases of last year were also marred with scandal and leaks so I guess this isn’t out of the norm.
Just the gameplay... forget what he's saying, haha.

Finally caught the MI video not as hyped on this one, it looks good but it just didn't wow me near as much. Probabaly because of the more industrial design so even though the areas were different they still kind of felt the same. Then again I've never really been a fan of those kinds of levels aesthetically. A blast to play though so I'll see when it releases.
I feel like he didn't show off a good chunk of the interior as well as the door vault.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

You're right, it doesn't make sense at all. I just hope that's the case, so this doesn't become another FFXV Day One Edition. I like that game a lot, but man...

See, it's really hard to say what exactly is going on, because the leaker is essentially playing a game without a proper "ending", if we believe Nomura in that there really won't be an epilogue until post-launch in order to protect the biggest plot points. Then again, the leaker did say that (to greatly paraphrase) that the climax of the game threw him for a loop until it became "meh" to him. For all we know, it really could be Scala ad Caelum, and Nomura's just talking about the plot points that revolve around the world. We really won't know until the game comes out.

Scala's Hope

Awards
You're right, it doesn't make sense at all. I just hope that's the case, so this doesn't become another FFXV Day One Edition. I like that game a lot, but man...

See, it's really hard to say what exactly is going on, because the leaker is essentially playing a game without a proper "ending", if we believe Nomura in that there really won't be an epilogue until post-launch in order to protect the biggest plot points. Then again, the leaker did say that (to greatly paraphrase) that the climax of the game threw him for a loop until it became "meh" to him. For all we know, it really could be Scala ad Caelum, and Nomura's just talking about the plot points that revolve around the world. We really won't know until the game comes out.

Another thing that doesn't make sense it's that in the save files there was one called "-ein of Severance / Tower of Endings" and since "stairway to the sky" is obviously Scala's map, and Scala supposedly has only one map, the Tower of Endings would be from another map. And for the life of me I cannot find any place to put it.

Any world that has a tower would be Rapunzel at most, but even then it sounds way too endgame for that. So im confused if it belongs to Scala or not, cause if it did then it wouldn't just be "walk 2 inches and boss"

darknessofheart

Awards
Another thing that doesn't make sense it's that in the save files there was one called "-ein of Severance / Tower of Endings" and since "stairway to the sky" is obviously Scala's map, and Scala supposedly has only one map, the Tower of Endings would be from another map. And for the life of me I cannot find any place to put it.

Any world that has a tower would be Rapunzel at most, but even then it sounds way too endgame for that. So im confused if it belongs to Scala or not, cause if it did then it wouldn't just be "walk 2 inches and boss"

If the game keeps with KH's tradition of final bosses, this one probably has multiple phases and I hope they go all out. Perhaps there are more save points in between multiple sets of bosses. The only thing I can think of is that Scala is literally one, massive set of boss battles to the point that some players wouldn't be able to complete it one sitting, hence the need for dedicated save points. It would be similar to "End of the World", just with more bosses and less corridors.

This would explain why the leaker can't show much of anything, the entire world is the final showdown (one giant spoiler) with Xehanort and perhaps all his other selves as soon as you walk a few steps forward. Rather than having more corridors, you have multiple phases with some of the Xehanorts, a corridor of random enemies followed by a save spot, then another set of bosses, rinse and repeat until you make it to the top (Stairway to the Sky) for the final showdown with Xehanort, which I hope contains a phase that transitions into the true Kingdom Hearts for the final phases. The leaker previously said there are no scripted sequences like cutting buildings in KH2, which makes me think you have options or "can do anything".

So it seems you can't walk/explore much because it will trigger another sequence of bosses.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but I would love that.

Last edited:

drew0512

Awards

What if...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Leaferian

Awards
The leaker doesn't seem to understand how the Boost abilities work. They should stack, as they do in every game. Combo boosts for both ground and aerial combos, as well as situation command damage seems really good. And if it starts out at 13 Magic/Strength at Level 1 I can't imagine how strong it must be maxed out. Then again, maybe the Ultima Weapon crafts at max level? I'm so curious honestly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I wouldn't compare this to FFXV. I know it is the most recent example, but this kind of stuff isn't really a new trend for SE. Squaresoft pulled this kind of stuff off in the 90s, and SE has made it a thing since the early 2000s with their "International" editions with exclusive content for Japan that added a ton of improvements to their games.

I think KH1/KH2 and almost every other KH game with a Final Mix would be the more apt comparison. Almost every major KH game has had some major additions and revisions post-release. The only difference between then and now is that DLC has become a thing, so we'd just get this content immediately after they are ready to release it rather than waiting a year after the game's release to wait for a Final Mix. (Or waiting for 7 years in the West...)

(And I'm sure what will happen is that we will still get a KH3FM despite Nomura saying there weren't plans for it. There are always plans. It's just a matter of when we become privy to them as the consumers.)

Scala's Hope

Awards
Nomura also said that there wouldn't be a BBS:Final Mix.

It's one thing to say you are not going to do a special edition, and then change your mind. It's another very different one to say you have finally implemented a thing in the world with the final battle (which is also your favourite world) that you wanted to do since working on FF and then go back on that.

Speaking of, now I think it has to do with the final boss, since "something Nomura has always wanted to do since the ff times" takes us back a long time, and in that moment most of the spectacle in the final moments came from the boss (like god kefka or safer sephiroth)

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Some of the most memorable moments of past installments have been fighting through epic, final original worlds (The World That Never Was, Hollow Bastion, End of the World...) so I hope we get to do something similar with Scala et Caelum especially considering how gorgeous that world looks from what we've seen so far.

Also I am outright CACKLING at the user who called Twilight Town HALLWAY TOWN.

Laurel

Awards
If the game keeps with KH's tradition of final bosses, this one probably has multiple phases and I hope they go all out. Perhaps there are more save points in between multiple sets of bosses. The only thing I can think of is that Scala is literally one, massive set of boss battles to the point that some players wouldn't be able to complete it one sitting, hence the need for dedicated save points. It would be similar to "End of the World", just with more bosses and less corridors.

This would explain why the leaker can't show much of anything, the entire world is the final showdown (one giant spoiler) with Xehanort and perhaps all his other selves as soon as you walk a few steps forward. Rather than having more corridors, you have multiple phases with some of the Xehanorts, a corridor of random enemies followed by a save spot, then another set of bosses, rinse and repeat until you make it to the top (Tower of Endings) for the final showdown with Xehanort, which I hope contains a phase that transitions into the true Kingdom Hearts for the final phases. The leaker previously said there are no scripted sequences like cutting buildings in KH2, which makes me think you have options or "can do anything".

So it seems you can't walk/explore much because it will trigger another sequence of bosses.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking, but I would love that.

I like that idea, reminds me a bit of Nier Automata where you gotta fight a lot as you rise to the top of a white tower by the end. I'm excited for Scala and hope that there's some exploration to it. I'm also curious to know what the field/battle music would be. Since it does translate to "stairway to heaven" I think of a choir singing.

darknessofheart

Awards
I like that idea, reminds me a bit of Nier Automata where you gotta fight a lot as you rise to the top of a white tower by the end. I'm excited for Scala and hope that there's some exploration to it. I'm also curious to know what the field/battle music would be. Since it does translate to "stairway to heaven" I think of a choir singing.

My prediction is that it won't be explorable like most worlds, outside the areas around save points, but you will experience it all through boss fights and enemy encounters. Also, based off the leaker's save slot image, there are a couple of hours in between what appear to be the final areas (he said his end time was around 34 hours) and he has the same amount of munny in both slots, so I would imagine boss battles occurred in those time-slots, alongside cutscenes, as you do not get munny from defeating them.

It looks like he was at "Tower of Endings" at 32 hours (it's also unknown if this is the first save spot in this world), then "Stairway to the Sky" two hours later, which would fit as the last save spot for Scala given the translation of the world's meaning. He may have also saved over other areas of this world, so I would imagine this world's length is comparable to the Disney worlds, just dedicated to battles.

It would be different, but as this is the finale to the Seekers of Darkness Saga, it would make sense to have an entire world dedicated to a final showdown with the namesakes of the saga.

Last edited:

Scala's Hope

Awards
Someone just noticed in one of the threads that the tram common in where they use the honeypot keyblade doesn't look like the one where we were in the video. So data twilight town might be another of those one time only visits, (maybe entering the mansion).

Edit: wait nvm I think I glipsed a bit of Remy's restaurant

Last edited:

wolfshadow0118

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

wolfshadow0118

Dude. No pictures, no videos, no links. The mods will close the spoiler thread if this shit keeps up. Delete it.

Ugh I forgot...I wasn't thinking of it as to spoilery compared to everything else we've gotten. I removed the link..vid..whatever you call it. Still look it up on youtube...should show the main menu and was posted a day ago.

Scala's Hope

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That spoiler needs to dissapear. No links allowed, you can inform and whoever wants can search it

Edit: got ninja'd with you deleting it first.

wolfshadow0118

That spoiler needs to dissapear. No links allowed, you can inform and whoever wants can search it

Edit: got ninja'd with you deleting it first.

Still give it a look, way better quality than what the leaker posted. And I really like what I heard.

Leaferian

Awards
Yes, the leaker posted that video too. They've been doing direct feed leaks for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back