• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Y'all made the same conspiracy theories about the Sora-Aqua fight and were laughably wrong then, so I won't give the Mysterious Tower theory any credence. Y'all are just crazy.

drew0512

Awards
There should be a balance between original worlds and Disney worlds, we shouldn't have to compromise one for the other.

It depends on what you mean by balance. Number of worlds? Size? Original worlds have always been outnumbered by Disney ones, so it's not a surprise it's the same with KH3. About size, some original worlds are bigger than Disney ones, some are smaller, so no rule here.

As for that year of development they lost, well guess what that is Square's fault for being so damn stubborn about using their own internal engines instead of just using industry standards like unreal engine 4. I'm not going to give them a pass for that. They should change their practices. Stop defending Square-Enix when they clearly mess up. I told people after how much crap Square-Enix got in the last generation, that they had to get things right this generation. Final Fantasy XV was terrible, so that was strike 1. If KH3 turns out to be lack luster then that will be strike 2. and if the Final Fantasy VII Remake doesn't live up to expectations then that is strike 3. I have defended Square-Enix for years, but at a certain point even I lose my patience. I haven't bought every game in the series on every system it was originally released for since 2002 just for this saga to be concluded in a lack luster title.
I'm not defending anyone, I was just providing some possible explanations as to why TT seems smaller. I don't care who has caused the lost development year or why it happened, I just care about the fact that everyone had and has to deal with it. Maybe it didn't even have a big impact on the development cycle, maybe it's actually Disney that got shafted (maybe they had to scrap a whole world à la Jungle Book) and original worlds were meant to be the way they are all along. Who knows. I'm only saying that questioning the team's work on this game on a basis of "they cut one or two areas of KH2's TT" isn't really fair.

Revenge

Awards
Looks like those sorcerers can't take being blitzed. He dealt more consistent damage to it mashing X in Rage Form than with any other Keyblade or transformation from to the form's teleportation abilities.

Also pretty bummed about Twilight Town like most of y'all here. I wouldn't mind Sunset Plaza not returning, but the damn Station or the Sandlot? Come on. Those locations are iconic and part of what makes Twilight Town Twilight Town. And if that's the case, why couldn't Radiant Garden receive the same treatment with maybe one or two small areas like the Castle and the Gardens.

And that guy needs to learn how to block. My goodness, those red blocks were practically begging to be guarded against.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've decided that, after some thinking, I'm going to wait on commenting on any more world sizes until I play them for myself. I'm only saying this because I'm really not sure what I was seeing in Twilight Town. I think I agree with the people that say that it was small, but I seriously have NO IDEA what any of it actually was and will write a KHIII world analysis when the game comes out. If it's actually way small and we didn't miss anything, then I'll acknowledge it.

I was bugged by the dude's strategy in that battle portal. I'm bad at blocking too, but he really wasn't impressing me with his gameplay style. That sorcerer was kicking his ass like the dude was in the Cavern of Remembrance, seriously. Hopefully that's a sign that this game's difficulty isn't as lackluster as we're expecting it to be, or that at the very least the endgame is thoroughly challenging.

Water is making waves (get it?) into being one of my new favorite spells. I can't wait to play with each form and learn how the magic changes with them.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Seems people forgot that Nomura said clearly that the Disney worlds were for the meat of the gameplay and the Original worlds were primarily for story progression (as in, don't expect the scope or depth of the Disney worlds for the Original worlds).

I was about to bring this up. Nomura said the returning original worlds wouldn’t really feature new areas, so anything else in Twilight Town I might have expected would have been places I’ve already explored in KH2. So other than a visual upgrade, what would be the point of making it explorable instead of focusing more on the brand new areas in other worlds?

This game is no longer a crossover and is a game for Disney fans not Square or Kingdom Hearts fans.

Sure. The game that features every original hero and villain from the series (minus X) and the most original worlds seen in any game in the series’ history has nothing for fans of Kingdom Hearts. Also, those references to FF, Einhander, and other Square Enix properties are clearly geared to Disney fans, not Square fans. Y’all are wild.

Scala's Hope

Awards
I think I have a lot of hype in the final stretch of the game (WoD --> KG --> SaC) cause of how excited Nomura was for us to see it.
Also Scala is almost certainly going to have at least two different maps (loading-screen of 20 seconds kind of different maps) cause I can't think of anywhere else where "Tower of Endings" and "Stairway to the Sky" can fit

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
So first the leaker says he's gonna show Ultima and calls it sexy, then he's all "Can't show it, It's a Spoiler"

now he's all like

Last edited by a moderator:

5kyLegend

Combining 3 areas of a PS2 world and cutting the other 6 or 7 is not an accomplishment. They legit cared more about DDD's worlds. Traverse Town and The World That Never Was were made significantly larger. Either Disney is responsible for the original content getting gutted or Square is just lazy af. This game is no longer a crossover and is a game for Disney fans not Square or Kingdom Hearts fans.

I know many here kinda consider you the troll of the discussion, but I think that at the very least your first statement makes sense. If this IS all we got for Twilight Town, then damn, it feels like there's barely anything.

But, I also remember how we have seen Sora fighting Nobodies in TT, so it could either be that the "Data Twilight Town" ends up expanding on the original one and giving us many more areas (totally possible), or that we have a "Hercules situation" where during your first visit you fight in a certain area, and once the world is cleared that area fills with NPCs instead.

I really, really can't believe they ignored the Sandlot, the Usual Spot, the Clock Tower and so on, but come on, KH2 is from 2005 and it's no accomplishment at all to merge 3 of its small areas into one on a game for PS4 and Xbox One. There could be more though, so I'm holding out hope.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

LOL, that's good to hear. It SHOULD be hard to unlock! You shouldn't be able to cheese a single boss with a single spell to get the Ultima weapon in this game.

But I guess this shows exactly what he's lying about. I think that whatever he isn't showing is what he's insecure about. He will show stuff he's comfortable showing (despite getting his ass kicked by a sorcerer), but with stuff like the Ultima weapon he's afraid to admit when he just can't get it. I'm not confident that he'll 100% the game before it comes out in America since his play style is so flawed.

Darvandark

So I was rewatching the video after some sleep, and it looks he only blocked at all to show the BH6 keyblade's dodge. Which probably would have helped if he'd used it.

Also he apparently doesn't have ultimate yet according to reddit.

Edit: Whoops I should have refreshed before posting.

drew0512

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Sooooo... what are the requirements to getting that cooking minigame keyblade? I literally have no idea what they could be. Do you make all the recipes he assigns you? Has he confirmed what the requirements are? Does he even HAVE the keyblade? I'm not going back to find the frozen video, where he showcases each keyblade he has so far, but if any of y'all know off the top of your head, lmk :D

UltimaXOmega

All the games have had Disney worlds be a decent size and have 2-3 larger original worlds. There is no excuse to gut the original worlds to PSP size. It's simply laziness or Disney's doing. These will be smaller than a PSP game world. Ridiculous. But it's OK because there's 5 NPCs! I love how people went from calling me a pessimistic troll to trying to defend this nonsense.

Awards
This game is no longer a crossover and is a game for Disney fans not Square or Kingdom Hearts fans.
Good.

That’s what we’ve been wanting since KH2.

No more Square nonsense to bring the series down.

There should be a balance between original worlds and Disney worlds, we shouldn't have to compromise one for the other.
There really shouldn’t.

We have enough of Nomura’s generic, mundane, boring, shitty original content/characters without the need for their own playable worlds to further facilitate them.

Disney is the only distinguishable and fun thing about the series. The more they double down on that, the better. I am beyond hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3!

Good.

There really shouldn’t.

We have enough of Nomura’s generic, mundane, boring, shitty original content/characters without the need for their own playable worlds to further facilitate them.

Disney is the only distinguishable and fun thing about the series. The more they double down on that, the better. I am beyond hyped for Kingdom Hearts 3!

Lol the square portion IS what makes the game. Disney draws sales off nostalgia. Square Enix feeds off that to help tell THEIR story. Lmao the only fun thing about the series, that's cute.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No images, thanks.

Note: If the mods have to go through posts to edit out the images or delete posts, the thread will be closed until that is finished.

Last edited:

Greenice

All the games have had Disney worlds be a decent size and have 2-3 larger original worlds. There is no excuse to gut the original worlds to PSP size. It's simply laziness or Disney's doing. These will be smaller than a PSP game world. Ridiculous. But it's OK because there's 5 NPCs! I love how people went from calling me a pessimistic troll to trying to defend this nonsense.

I agree, uhg, it hurts though, I feel like Disney took over way too much

Awards
Good.

There really shouldn’t.

Oh wow it's almost as if this is a SQUARE ENIX game. Look bud, if you want Disney and only Disney, go find a copy of Disney Infinity. Because here you're getting "Square nonsense" whether you like it or not, buster. That's just how it is.
1VnPFTa.gif

imsorryifisoundedmean

Skykh

The fuck images are not allowed? It's called spoiler thread for a reason.

Fuck off, literally the same level as the kh subreddit.

Now permaban me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back