• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew0512

Awards
The most iconic area of Twilight Town is the train station...and you can't visit it?! REALLY?! NOMURA REALLY?! What were you thinking?! Larger worlds my ass, this is ridiculous. So Radiant Garden gets the shaft, Destiny Islands get the shaft, the scale of Scala ad Caelum's playability is questionable, and now Twilight Town has been downscaled?! Like what were they doing with this game since 2013?!
Take a look at the Disney worlds and you'll know the answer. Maybe they decided from the start to cut some areas because they thought they were not really necessary as it's a returning world with no new areas; maybe that development year that they lost hurt TT (and original worlds in general) and they had to cut something in order to not hurt Disney worlds (worlds that are looking large, fun, beautiful and unique). I think this is blowing it out of proportion a bit too much.

danifedz

Do you have the source? I wouldn't mind being temporarily accesible over not having it at all. I would just make a save point for it.
If it is a different world, it DOESN't show in the story world list, which opens up fun possibilities for partially explorable places
I remember seeing some image, but I can not find it now. I'll keep looking

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Take a look at the Disney worlds and you'll know the answer. Maybe they decided from the start to cut some areas because they thought they were not really necessary as it's a returning world with no new areas; maybe that development year that they lost hurt TT (and original worlds in general) and they had to cut something in order to not hurt Disney worlds (worlds that are looking large, fun, beautiful and unique). I think this is blowing it out of proportion a bit too much.

Very true. I’m glad they’re at least focusing on making probably 95% of the game completely new areas we’ve never been to. I feel as much nostalgia for the old locales as the next guy, but KH2 was almost entirely revisiting places or characters from KH1. So I’m excited that they’re trying something different this time, even if they may have tipped a little too far in the opposite direction.

BlazingSoul

Don't worry guys, the Day 1 Patch will make TT 50 times bigger, add RG, make all seven guardians playable, add all FF characters from all 13 FF games and expand game time by 1000 hours lol

robotman

Just seen the Twilight Town gameplay. I'm glad that those optional battles look more difficult here, it seems like there's going to be one in each world. It's probably a replacement for the coliseum. I'm still hoping that they'll patch the difficulty when the game is released.

Regarding the size of Twilight Town, I'm not too bothered as I've never cared for it at all but I don't really get why they cut content from it... Anyway, I'm much more interested in Scala ad Caelum, the size of Twilight Town has worried me a little for the Original worlds but I'm hoping that Scala is the size of Olympus.

Also, I find it strange that they would make Mysterious Tower its own world, maybe it's not even a place that you can travel to, it might just visit it for the story part of the game and then you don't go back. I wish that Destiny Islands was an actual world in the game as well. I really want to go back there.

Scala's Hope

Awards
Don't worry guys, the Day 1 Patch will make TT 50 times bigger, add RG, make all seven guardians playable, add all FF characters from all 13 FF games and expand game time by 1000 hours lol

I know this is kind of a troll post, but I actually see a post-game Radiant Garden (with optional bosses and/or content) a very possible DLC idea. Visiting Radiant Garden without urgency this time

Also if that Sorcerer with so much HP was a level 2 challenge, what will a lvl 3 be like? dear lord, and you were all saying no superbosses

robotman

I know this is kind of a troll post, but I actually see a post-game Radiant Garden (with optional bosses and/or content) a very possible DLC idea. Visiting Radiant Garden without urgency this time

Also if that Sorcerer with so much HP was a level 2 challenge, what will a lvl 3 be like? dear lord, and you were all saying no superbosses

Do you really see them adding a DLC world like Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands, etc? I don't see them adding a world but I do see them adding optional/secret bosses, coliseum, data battles/boss replay mode (harder versions) and I can see them adding some more mini-games and keyblades.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
“twilight Town is too small!” never mind the fact that the video showed them combine Three areas into one room, and we have yet to see him go into the mansion.

Scala's Hope

Awards
Do you really see them adding a DLC world like Radiant Garden, Destiny Islands, etc? I don't see them adding a world but I do see them adding optional/secret bosses, coliseum, data battles/boss replay mode (harder versions) and I can see them adding some more mini-games and keyblades.

I admit it is way more likely for them to add extra content on the worlds already there. Maybe an expansion on TT at the maximum.
Secret bosses and keyblades and such? Oh absolutely

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
It feel weird such a central world has been reduced to only cutsceanes, but i since orginal world were so populated by ff chracters they had to restricted too or ignored like vivi and the crew in Twilight town

ZJGamer

There should be a balance between original worlds and Disney worlds, we shouldn't have to compromise one for the other. Previous games have never done this. As for that year of development they lost, well guess what that is Square's fault for being so damn stubborn about using their own internal engines instead of just using industry standards like unreal engine 4. I'm not going to give them a pass for that. They should change their practices. Stop defending Square-Enix when they clearly mess up. I told people after how much crap Square-Enix got in the last generation, that they had to get things right this generation. Final Fantasy XV was terrible, so that was strike 1. If KH3 turns out to be lack luster then that will be strike 2. and if the Final Fantasy VII Remake doesn't live up to expectations then that is strike 3. I have defended Square-Enix for years, but at a certain point even I lose my patience. I haven't bought every game in the series on every system it was originally released for since 2002 just for this saga to be concluded in a lack luster title. If having high expectations for a game this highly anticipated for so many years is "unreasonable" of me, then I guess I'm just a self-entitled gamer, according to some of the delusional defenders of Square.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Seems people forgot that Nomura said clearly that the Disney worlds were for the meat of the gameplay and the Original worlds were primarily for story progression (as in, don't expect the scope or depth of the Disney worlds for the Original worlds).

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'm still sad about the Final Fantasy thing:

I had a dream this morning where we got a new trailer and it had Sephiroth and Cloud fighting in the Realm of Darkness.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Was it ever shown where the sewers in Twilight Town lead? I remember him visiting them in one of his videos, but I don't think I watched the entire thing.

KaitoCam

It’s possible that playable Mysterious Tower has been cut and is cutscene-only (as that trailer showing the outside is two years old)

It has a KH3 Icon. It was released with a bunch of other screenshots so I'm pretty sure it's playable.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
It's the same corridor that leads in and out of town.

Ah, okay.

I can't wait to see how people's opinions will change once they play this game themselves. We're definitely placing a lot of judgement on this leaker's videos, and his bias is shaping our perspective of the game... at least for me.

There's no way one person could explore all of these areas fully in thirty hours though. These worlds are huge (save maybe Twilight Town and other original worlds lol), and I'm sure there's a ton that he's missed... Just my two cents.

January 29th can't come fast enough!

UltimaXOmega

Combining 3 areas of a PS2 world and cutting the other 6 or 7 is not an accomplishment. They legit cared more about DDD's worlds. Traverse Town and The World That Never Was were made significantly larger. Either Disney is responsible for the original content getting gutted or Square is just lazy af. This game is no longer a crossover and is a game for Disney fans not Square or Kingdom Hearts fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back