• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Ahyuck, OK, "marketing" drought. I remember when they were doing cast releases for this game. I remember when it seemed like they might do little featurettes on every world like the Tangled one. I saw more advertisements on YouTube for Utada Hikaru's Hatsukoi using KH3 footage than I have for KH3 itself. There's a lot they could be doing to push this game right now, especially since it comes out in three weeks.

They put out a lot of trailers last month, so I'm satisfied. I think it's odd that there's still so many renders that haven't been released, though.

I'll take this so-called "drought" over the nearly nothing we learned up to the orchestra trailer in 2017. That period between the original trailer, the 2014 luminous engine trailer, and the actual unreal engine trailer was torturous back in the day, and I'm more than satisfied with the promotion this year. It's way amped up, and I've heard lots of people talking about it outside of these forums on gaming websites. This will probably sell a lot better simply because of its name. I'm shocked by the amount of people that I've met with an Xbox One that are buying the game despite not playing any titles since KHII. For a huge amount of people, it's worth it, and that's super cool since I always thought that KH was such a nichw franchise.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
We're still missing renders for so many characters. What's the hold up Square?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Especially since Skytree seems to be showing off all of the organization renders.

Wait really?

*google searches*

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FFS Square, just release them!

KaitoCam

New Video Out on his YT 12 mins of twilight town. It's very clear he's not great at the game he press the block button maybe 5 times and missing the timing on each one. It's also going to be interesting since there are no RC in KH3 dealing with certain nobodies. Oh GOD THE DANCERS! OH GOD!!!!!!!!!

punkdthrice

I watched the twilight town vid. The portal battles look insanely fun, and it looked like the leaker was having a difficult time beating it. That Sorcerer boss tho, looks awesome!!!

UltimaXOmega

Twilight Town is confirmed 1/3 of the size of KHII. Wow. And he said Keyblade Graveyard is the same size.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The detail in Twilight Town is amazing! The changes are SO good. That boss with the blocks is crazy. Looks mildly infuriating. Also, MERLIN was shown!

Leaferian

Awards
Disappointing:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Exciting:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Interesting:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

UltimaXOmega

Original worlds were expanded in a 2 year development 3DS game but cut by 70% in the biggest title yet.

KaitoCam

Disappointing:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Exciting:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Interesting:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As far as him getting his but kicked he tried blocking all of 5 times only to miss the timing and get his but handed to him. And he's on proud so who know maybe you heal less.

Leaferian

Awards
As far as him getting his but kicked he tried blocking all of 5 times only to miss the timing and get his but handed to him. And he's on proud so who know maybe you heal less.
It wasn't just his failures at blocking, those enemies were hitting hard and frequently not letting up. Also, that battlegate was only 2 stars of difficulty out of 3 and he is Level 45ish. Now leaker claims that he's always played on Proud Mode so he's just "used to the difficulty" and that the game is pretty easy. But based on the evidence of all of his vids so far, I can only come away with two possible impressions.

First, he's just bad at the game in general but did a decent enough job muddling through. This possibility means the game may, in fact, be kinda easy.

Second, he's telling the truth about being a seasoned Proud Mode player and is just more aggressive than defensive in playstyle, in which case it seems he exaggerated how easy the game is.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nukara

Awards
Although, as far as I understood, it’s impossible to get to the tower and the station?

5kyLegend

Man, what happened? Are original worlds REALLY going to get shafted this much? Twilight Town was the last hope for me :( So far, this is what I noticed:

- Glowing walls are still as annoying as ever, and even tree branches manage to casually glow as you walk by. Ugh.
- I was overly excited by the possibilities that the wall running would open up, but it really does seem that, besides the buildings you could walk on top of in KH2, they put invisible walls all over the place.
- It's. So. SMALL. Seriously, am I seeing things? Is this literally it? Forest/mansion, a very small section of the underground and the main plaza? Did we seriously get a bigger Twilight Town in Days on the DS? This is some of the worst news we got from the leaks so far, I think, and given what we can gather from the rest... I'm almost sure they ended up scrapping the small game play section in Yen Sid's tower (which would only make less sense given this game's load times with such a small area) and made it cutscene only.

I'm just very, very disappointed, and this isn't one of the leaker's cryptic messages, this is straight up game footage. I was super hyped to wallrun up the clock tower in Twilight Town, but... I guess it will have to be for another game, if ever :( No sandlot, no usual spot, no seven mysteries revisit...

KaitoCam

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t fully recreate twilight town?

There is probably not going to be a lot going on in Twilight Town besides the occasional exposition dump. The most important characters we would see would be Hayner Pence and Olette, the other characters are from FF games. It kinda sucks that it does not have more areas but they are not really necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back