• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Which seemed ridiculous since many of these are in places that I would have looked at soon as I had access to these places. Now kind I'm a collectibles fiend so that's probably just how I play, but the one on the mast? Unless you cant get there without glide, which would make it a taunting chest, these no reason he shouldn't have had that one.

There were some in obvious parts of the path going up Mount Olympus too that he hadn't gotten.

Leaferian

Awards
It didn't seem to require gliding, looks like it just needed the double jump. The Olympus chests all seemed real obvious too, ahaha.

On another note, The Caribbean looks amazing. I am PUMPED to explore the ocean.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Neo_

Awards
Looking back at the Twilight Town gameplay, does anyone else not like how you can just run up the buildings and seemingly traverse the area like Spider-Man? It makes a very intimate area seem impersonal. They put all this effort into NPC's/immersion, just for us to be able to plow through it.

This is not going to be a bad game, but that aspect gives me Sonic '06 vibes. I don't dislike flowmotion, but the fact that it's on the side of every building is lame.

The man cannot be trusted. He's taking the community for a ride to milk his 15 minutes of Internet fame for all its worth.
Would you rather have him go away? I certainly wouldn't.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Would you rather have him go away? I certainly wouldn't.
I got what I wanted. Menus, closer look at the worlds and mechanics, full opening and title screen. I'm content.

At this point he's just needlessly riling up the community and fueling shitposters.

Neo_

Awards
On another note, The Caribbean looks amazing. I am PUMPED to explore the ocean.
The Carribean is awesome; I really don't care for the world selection, but between the ships and ocean, it's like a combination of KH1's Neverland and Atlantica, so although people cry about the number of worlds, it's like a 2 in 1.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone else find the glowing buildings distracting? I wish those markings would only appear when you get up close to a wall.

Darvandark

Looking back at the Twilight Town gameplay, does anyone else not like how you can just run up the buildings and seemingly traverse the area like Spider-Man? It makes a very intimate area seem impersonal. They put all this effort into NPC's/immersion, just for us to be able to plow through it.

This is not going to be a bad game, but that aspect gives me Sonic '06 vibes. I don't dislike flowmotion, but the fact that it's on the side of every building is lame.

Honestly it doesn't feel that impersonal to me. There were NPCs on the roof on some of these buildings that we wouldn't have even seen before, they gave us reasons to go up there outside of hidden collectibles. If they hadn't done bit allowed us to be able to do in other worlds it would have felt limiting especially after looking at Olympus. (Side note Olympus is where I can most clearly see why those lines are even there since there were many places that we couldn't flow motion up.)

Neo_

Awards
Does anyone else find the glowing buildings distracting? I wish those markings would only appear when you get up close to a wall.
Yeah, that was just a smaller subset of the point I was making; perhaps there's just too much parkour that it'll give Spider-Man a run for its money. :redface:

Honestly it doesn't feel that impersonal to me. There were NPCs on the roof on some of these buildings that we wouldn't have even seen before, they gave us reasons to go up there outside of hidden collectibles. If they hadn't done bit allowed us to be able to do in other worlds it would have felt limiting especially after looking at Olympus. (Side note Olympus is where I can most clearly see why those lines are even there since there were many places that we couldn't flow motion up.)
That's fair, but it doesn't really need to be a part of every world. Perhaps we could've just climbed ladders to get on the Twilight Town roofs. At about 17 seconds into the video some of the buildings have gated rooftops, so we may be in for some invisible wall action.

Laurel

Awards
I'm fine with watching vids that show gameplay but I saw that a couple of people have uploaded vids of the new Dearly Beloved. As tempted as it is, I've promised myself not to hear it until the game releases. It just wouldn't feel right if I listen to it first online instead of hearing it right before playing.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm fine with watching vids that show gameplay but I saw that a couple of people have uploaded vids of the new Dearly Beloved. As tempted as it is, I've promised myself not to hear it until the game releases. It just wouldn't feel right if I listen to it first online instead of hearing it right before playing.

It's the same dude, and it's beautiful. Definitely worth saving for the first play.

KaitoCam

Anyone else notice how much health the enemies had when he was on that small island it was a decent amount for a regular enemy

Aramagon

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The glowing walls aren't a big deal. Be happy you can run and jump off them.
tumblr_inline_o48fz7lh2q1s7nem4_500.gif

NoWay

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I also am a bit confused. I mean, I really love the music from the trailers. I don’t even watch the leaked gameplay, I am only listening to the music in the background. And the BH6 and POTC trailer themes could be like my favorite Disney world battle themes ever. So I was a little bit worried after listening to the leaked gameplay segments.
I really love Yoko Shimomuras art and that’s the only thing I want to know before the game releases as listening to the OST isn’t a spoiler for me. I keep hoping that specifically these two tracks are going to be in the game..

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Please tell me you’re not ignorant to think that none of the interviews we publish aren’t behind paywalls? We buy these magazines with our own money, despite not being paid by the website, to provide scans, translations and news. God forbid, the people who write for these magazines want to be paid for their work as well ������
That's nice, but my post was not targeting you, the KHI staff, or the author of that article. I was addressing the reality that we're in a news drought, the leaker has an arguably larger platform and audience due to that, and SE(NA)'s not doing much to restore focus to official content and marketing material. The subscription paywall is a deterrent for many people which mitigates its viable reach-- and sure, that's allowing for the fact that it's consistent with a broader trend in how SE does its thing with promoting these games. Maybe if the KH marketing team had a better strategy it wouldn't be up to you to spend $90 of your own money to do their job for them and work overtime to remind people these games exist. ������

They're awful and need a patch badly. I'm also not all that excited about the free running mechanic in general, I can live with it if there are other ways to get around but it seems just as intrusive as Flowmotion was. And, to be clear, I didn't hate Flowmotion because it was folded in with the general concept of the sleeping worlds and physics being whatever you want them to be in your dreams. But back in KH-land proper, I'd have preferred its application to be a little more limited. I get it, Sora's range of movement has increased with every KH game and that's a lot of fun for a lot of people, but I feel the same as Neo-GFX in that the happiest thing KH3 could have brought back from an exploration standpoint is the use of ladders to get to high places.

That doesn't mean I hate every aspect of it. The grind rails in Olympus are really cool, and just in general it looks like a fine world to learn to move around in. I just hope it feels sufficiently unique and we don't see the same free range ultra-vertical design applied throughout the game. I do think TT will be the worst offender in this regard, but it looks like it might be a problem in KoC, too.

Just give me the option to turn it off. I'll walk.

mte

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
How can there be a "news drought" when the game comes out in three weeks? Aside from the launch trailer and commercials I'm not expecting any major newsworthy content until after the release

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
How can there be a "news drought" when the game comes out in three weeks? Aside from the launch trailer and commercials I'm not expecting any major newsworthy content until after the release
Ahyuck, OK, "marketing" drought. I remember when they were doing cast releases for this game. I remember when it seemed like they might do little featurettes on every world like the Tangled one. I saw more advertisements on YouTube for Utada Hikaru's Hatsukoi using KH3 footage than I have for KH3 itself. There's a lot they could be doing to push this game right now, especially since it comes out in three weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back