• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

notnow123487

Awards
Writing a guide is not worth my time. I could make way more than $3000 in the time it would take me to write an RPG guide lol.

DangerNoodle

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It surely is, I doubt any of the worlds will be dissapointing for us. The worlds themselves seem charming and large, the involvement of darknesses and organization members in the stories of the worlds will also make each world seem very significant to the KH plot.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The only world I'm not fond of so far is Arendelle. I love how we finally have a proper ice level, but from what I've seen of the official game footage it looks barren. Maybe it'll change my mind, I dunno.

sorawild

Yeah, I'm probably an outlier. XD I love CoM and Day's stories, and I'm not a fan of KH2. Just further proof that quality is subjective, and no matter what you love, someone else will hate that. There will always be a different opinion.

I get a lot of hate for liking Days actually :(

I think KH2 is definitely the best in terms of gameplay since it has combo modifiers and genuinely feels great to control. But story wise its one of the weakest due to how poorly paced it is and it feels sort of aimless until the last 25% of the game. I will always say KH2FM is my favorite since for me a video game should always prioritize gameplay over narrative, it's why after all these years I can always go back to playing KH2FM cause of how fun it is and vomit a little when I try to go back to KH1FM because of how slow and clunky Sora is, though I can understand not everyone will feel the same way.

DID SOMEBODY SAY DEVIL MAY CRY
1451951434026.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatal Mode

Now I’m all sorts of excited for a bloody palace type mode. I hope that is what it’s like!

Seighart

Awards
The only world I'm not fond of so far is Arendelle. I love how we finally have a proper ice level, but from what I've seen of the official game footage it looks barren. Maybe it'll change my mind, I dunno.

Yeah it's best not to jump up conclusions since we haven't seen more than just that mountain top. Still, I can't think of how to fill in a wasteland liiiike that

Dredan

So I've been checking out this forum for the past few days and I've finally decided to make an account to make some points because of how insane it is getting.

By the look of it, each world has a minigame e.g. Frozen has a snowboarding game and Tangled has a dancing minigame. It is totally possible this combat training arena the leaker speaks about is in Olympus and is the minigame there. By the sound of it, it might be an endless style thing, where the waves get harder until you die.

Also I think the Keyblade Graveyard will be a short part of the game and that makes perfect sense to me. I expect a Thanos in Wakanda style fight where the Organisation wins without effort.

Overall I think the game will be a success. I'm not a 100% gamer and I was never really interested in the coliseum in KH2 nor the secret bosses. I'm more of a main campaign guy when it comes to KH games. As long as I get around a 25-30hr playtime I will be happy. I'll be levelling up all the keyblades to max so that will likely take some time too. KH games are never as long as FF games and I like that. Sometimes I feel like KH2's story dragged on. For me, DDD and BBS had the best stories and endgames.

And remember, even if KH3 is bad, it's not the end of the world. The best thing is that Nomura has stated that Kingdom Hearts will continue. Many people thought Assassin's Creed 3 was a let down but Black Flag came after and it gets tons of praise.

I too saw the Reddit and Twitter leaks and I got worried, but came to the mentality that the leaker was hyped up too much and that led to his disappointment. Nomura has given plenty of interviews about what to expect so maybe the leakers didn't read them.

Sorry for the long post, but I think some people need to calm down and just play the game themselves before calling it a failure.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think KH2 is definitely the best in terms of gameplay since it has combo modifiers and genuinely feels great to control. But story wise its one of the weakest due to how poorly paced it is and it feels sort of aimless until the last 25% of the game. I will always say KH2FM is my favorite since for me a video game should always prioritize gameplay over narrative, it's why after all these years I can always go back to playing KH2FM cause of how fun it is and vomit a little when I try to go back to KH1FM because of how slow and clunky Sora is, though I can understand not everyone will feel the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

Oh trust me, I understand your sentiment. KH2 did indeed have some of the smoothest controls and combat in the series.

It's a bit different for me though. I think I appreciate the inherent difficulty in how slow Sora and Roxas were in KH1/CoM/Days over two. While KH2 was smooth, I always want to blame that smoothness when it comes to how gosh darn easy the game was. For me, I enjoy a challenge, and nothing outside of the secret bosses was remotely tough in 2.

Also, I've always enjoyed RPGs and platformers, so those original three I mentioned, BBS, and DDD all feel right at home to me over 2's barren and mostly flat worlds. I'm glad KH3 at least has some elevation to it that isn't different floors.

And the story for 2 was actually garbage lol. I played the games out of order the first time (KH, CoM, Days, 2 on) and after CoM and Days had such good character-centric plots, KH2 just felt like it was thrown together haphazardly. And I actually love story in video games. I've played a lot of games with good stories and meh gameplay and loved them.

That's why I've never enjoyed 2 as much as other people. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing you! I'm enjoying discussing this kind of stuff. :) It beats freaking out over some dumb leaker ruining what should have been the magic of KH3 releasing completely pure.

maximumlight8

Awards
He is going to write a guide, the same guy who can't even figure out how to switch situation command until he hits POTC world, LMAO.

The guide just has to be a complete guide, so honestly he probably could make a decent guide and get the money.

U.N. Owen

Awards
He is going to write a guide, the same guy who can't even figure out how to switch situation command until he hits POTC world, LMAO.

How much of this will just be the pronoun game?

Meow Wow

Awards
Does anyone know if Gamestop opens at 9pm on the 28th?

Each store might have different guidelines as to when they open and release? My local GameStop is 10PM or 12AM depending on the game. It might be best to ask your GameStop to see.

So idk whether this belongs here, but I found a video of a Skrillex liveset that was posted a few days ago. It had an extended, albeit the poster cut parts out or had separate recordings, of Face My Fears in it.
Edit: found another live of a more extended version. Caved and listened. It's great tbh.

Last edited:

maximumlight8

Awards

Seighart

Awards
[FONT=&quot]Today an interview with co-director Tai Yasue was published by Newsweek and he said "There’s a whole bunch of hidden treasure to be found and secret enemies to be fought, but I personally like the edit feature of Gummi Ship the most." So i guess there are secret bosses! Link: [/FONT]https://www.newsweek.com/kingdom-hearts-3-tai-yasue-interview-frozen-tangled-1277391?amp=1

Alright guys, this is where I sign off. See ya.

Secret enemies. Not bosses. Let's not assume

mriku90

Awards
We’re not planning on revealing any surprise Disney worlds, but these new properties gave us a chance to come up with a lot of new and fresh ideas, that there will certain be a lot of surprises with the gameplay.

Hmm but the leak says there are no new Disney Worlds unless they could add a new world in the day one patch IDK if that would work.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
[FONT="]Today an interview with co-director Tai Yasue was published by Newsweek and he said "There’s a whole bunch of hidden treasure to be found and secret enemies to be fought, but I personally like the edit feature of Gummi Ship the most." So i guess there are secret bosses! Link: [/FONT]https://www.newsweek.com/kingdom-hearts-3-tai-yasue-interview-frozen-tangled-1277391?amp=1

Alright guys, this is where I sign off. See ya.

The secret enemies and hidden treasure Yasue mentioned seem to be a part of the gummi ship sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back