• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I am REALLY sorry that my post caused so much trouble and misunderstanding. >_<
It's alright man. :3 Here, have a weird thing.
giphy.gif

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's going to be a trainwreck. The insistence on filing everyone under "negative" or "positive," and sweeping even the tiniest complaints under a rug and shouting BE GRATEFUL at people the past two weeks is just a preview.
Yup, it's an interesting thing to see how quickly these leaks have reduced the fandom to begging for crumbs. We're no longer getting KH3, the long-awaited culmination of one of the most outlandish sagas in video game history-- now we're getting "just another KH game."

KH3 should leave folks feeling like they never want to play another KH game in their life because it did everything it possibly could, and went everywhere it could possibly go. If these leaks prove reliable...I don't know that anyone's going to be able to argue that. Even people who like it (and more power to them). But it might drive away many of us who elected to trust that the franchise was taking us somewhere, that it had a real emotional destination, all the same.

Senzura

Banned
Yup, it's an interesting thing to see how quickly these leaks have reduced the fandom to begging for crumbs. We're no longer getting KH3, the long-awaited culmination of one of the most outlandish sagas in video game history-- now we're getting "just another KH game."

KH3 should leave folks feeling like they never want to play another KH game in their life because it did everything it possibly could, and went everywhere it could possibly go. If these leaks prove reliable...I don't know that anyone's going to be able to argue that. Even people who like it (and more power to them). But it might drive away many of us who elected to trust that the franchise was taking us somewhere, that it had a real emotional destination, all the same.

I didn't even want that, I wanted validation that Days and DDD were not the new norm. All I wanted was something that felt like a proper mainline game, not just a story dump with a tiny chunk of mediocre gameplay leading to it. I would be fine if it were worse than KH1 and KH2, but at least felt like them. Instead, it seems like we having something that will struggle to match even DDD

sorawild

Again I do have to state, none of this can actually be confirmed until the game actually comes out due to how unreliable these leakers have been. Just wait for the game to come out before passing judgement on it.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I didn't even want that, I wanted validation that Days and DDD were not the new norm. All I wanted was something that felt like a proper mainline game, not just a story dump with a tiny chunk of mediocre gameplay leading to it. I would be fine if it were worse than KH1 and KH2, but at least felt like them. Instead, it seems like we having something that will struggle to match even DDD

I mean let's be honest, we knew KH3 was coming off the heels of DDD for a long time, so it's not surprising if KH3 is bogged down by some of the same problems DDD suffered (especially since it was written and made by the same team). Couple of the big KH YouTubers predicted this exact same thing when they all got together to predict how KH3 would rank amongst other titles some months back.

Nukara

Awards
Posts in this thread are beginning to cause me pessimism. ((
At this rate, my desire to play KH3 will disappear.
But the gameplay seems to be normal if I understood correctly.
And what else is needed for the game to be good ...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is so sad to hear :(

My best advice would be to just ignore the pessimism of others and focus on your own expectations for the game. This is all being based on what two people are saying, and there's a bunch of information that they've said which has been sarcastic or a joke, so it's hard to trust what they are putting forth.

Taochan said it best to me last night. While I'm sure we are all glad to have a bit more of a perspective of what this game will have and the scope of the worlds, these leakers have ruined the magic of Kingdom Hearts III releasing.

notnow123487

Awards
Taochan said it best to me last night. While I'm sure we are all glad to have a bit more of a perspective of what this game will have and the scope of the worlds, these leakers have ruined the magic of Kingdom Hearts III releasing.

This is so true. They’ve really ruined the magic.

Awards
Hey. Don't let this thread affect your desire to play and your enjoyment of the game. No one should have their enjoyment ruined because of some posts on a forum.

I think what's worse is that they kinda ruined what Nomura wanted. For everyone to enjoy the game together when it releases.

Instead it's all a bunch of conflicting statements, answers that contradict each other, vague and sarcastic responses, and constantly shifting opinions from the leaker and his brother who had to state their opinion about four times, and people's opinions being shaped by that of some guys who pretty much expected KH2FM 2.0

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I mean let's be honest, we knew KH3 was coming off the heels of DDD for a long time, so it's not surprising if KH3 is bogged down by some of the same problems DDD suffered (especially since it was written and made by the same team). Couple of the big KH YouTubers predicted this exact same thing when they all got together to predict how KH3 would rank amongst other titles some months back.
I hear what you're both saying, but I have some disagreement with it.

In the first place, I think DDD could reasonably assume it had some leeway to, to put it bluntly, diddly up the delivery. It was sufficiently ambitious with its ideas, and it wasn't being treated or marketed as The Big Game: it was more of an unexpected surprise (other words could be used to describe it, I know) that was pretty obviously rushed through production to make Nomura's infamous "1 KH game a year" rule and fulfill his desire to chop that bit of the KH3 narrative off the nose of the bigger, obviously more important project. If DDD's execution suffered for it, so be it. None of that excuses it for missing the mark, and it deserves all the excoriation of its cheap narrative structure we as a community can provide, but I don't think most of us were/are actively anticipating that same degree of carelessness to then be applied to KH3 itself. Because I truly don't think that DDD is exemplary of what Nomura and Osaka are capable of, and I wouldn't have imagined that they would have put anything but their utmost efforts into making KH3 the absolute best game it could be. Nor do I think that's the case now.

Instead, I think it's that Nomura has a fundamentally different reading on what KH is and should be than a significant (perhaps majority?) portion of the fanbase does. I really don't think the emotional involvement is as strong for him. I think he views KH as a project, and a vehicle for ideas that interest him in the moment, and the only outlet that's important to him when he begins development on a title is how the game can do weird/fun/odd things that give color to a story he's made up as an excuse to flex his skills as a developer through these creative gestures and flourishes. I don't think he notices or cares that there is sometimes (and increasingly) a dissonance in terms of the lack of an emotional throughline from concept to character, or from idea to payoff. And I think that during the years (and years) of the "set up" titles, we were generally happy or at least willing to indulge that inclination, because it's not a bad thing to stretch and test the limits of what the series can look like so long as its heart keeps beating.

But with the approach of KH3, I think things shifted for a lot (not all) of us within the fanbase. We wanted to see these games in really close proximity to the climax (DDD, especially) start to bring things home. We want that "return to form" so-to-speak: not a replica of previous main games, but something that firmly and unequivocally reminds us why they mattered. Now, KH3 might still do that. At a glance, it appears to make some superficial effort at it. But I think that below the surface, it's operating on a very different spectrum than what would occur to many of us as natural and organic in terms of following up the narrative it's built upon. Nomura still seems to maintain this notion that it has to eject the original architecture in order to give it its own identity and form, and I think that shows in how seemingly apathetically older elements of the series are tied in, yet still forced into a new context. Ironically, it causes the game to come off as more formulaic, because when change is the only constant and no concept is ever sustained beyond one game cycle, nothing can be said to have real weight. The narrative goal posts are always shifting, the pieces of the universe which we thought were intrinsic and structural are instead completely malleable-- and how does a person make emotional sense of that in the context of a story themed around resolution? How, then, can the "ending" matter?

I don't think these are questions DDD needed to answer, but it's central to the purpose of KH3 that it does so. If not for this particular game, for the eventual end of the franchise. All roads were leading here, so it's that critical juncture for the series. I don't think we should pass it off as anything less.

mriku90

Awards
Reminder that nowhere on this image does it say that the epilouge patch will be on launch day

I hope you guys are ready to wait another 3 months for the actual ending

DuhMSXOVAAEipGG.jpg:large

"Are planned to be released at a later date just in case, so they will not be shown before the game's release"

IDK I take that to mean it could be day one. And the creator suggest he's adding things into a day one patch. I mean that is what everyone thought the gist was when this first came out. I guess the negativity of one of the two leakers is making many feel pessimistic ATM but I'm not sure we can state now that the games epilogue and secret movie won't be released in a patch when the game releases. It would make the most sense to do it that way. It would make no sense at all for it to be an add on a month later or even 3 months just sounds silly to me.

I don't think these are questions DDD needed to answer, but it's central to the purpose of KH3 that it does so. If not for this particular game, for the eventual end of the franchise. All roads were leading here, so it's that critical juncture for the series. I don't think we should pass it off as anything less.

As a conclusion to an arc in the KH Franchise it should provide resolution for the build up of the journey here and then leave a small tease for what's next in the epilogue.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
This is so sad to hear :(

My best advice would be to just ignore the pessimism of others and focus on your own expectations for the game. This is all being based on what two people are saying, and there's a bunch of information that they've said which has been sarcastic or a joke, so it's hard to trust what they are putting forth.

I've seen the leaks and I'm not letting what those two clowns bother me in any way. I'm still as hyped for this game knowing all that I do just as much as I did a month ago when we knew nothing. I'm constantly talking about KH3 that my wife is considering banning talking about it at home lol.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Everyone here is a free agent.* If posts and opinions aren't to your liking, don't engage them. Nobody is accountable for anybody's feelings but their own.

As for the brothers, they haven't ruined anything. The game is still coming out, it's still going to be a big deal, and these leaks will be a quirky artifact of a bygone moment by then. People will play the game and draw their own conclusions just like everyone is so insistent about. Yeah, these guys are flaky dickheads, but it's the community as always that gave them a platform and continues to promote their influence. And all of this is frankly exacerbated by SE's poor handling of KH3's marketing and the way all the air was allowed to go out of it a month+ before release. As well as the distinct possibility that game itself simply did not provide the means for people to place a lot of faith in it. For a lot of people, the magic was gone when WtP was indicated to be the last Disney world. Or when Riku was shown to be the second playable character. Or when "Face My Fears"/the opening movie didn't live up to their expectations.

People are giving these leakers a lot of power. If it's this easy to manipulate a fanbase's collective awareness, SE should've saved some money and just had Glacie drop random, contradictory hints on Reddit every once in a while about KH3 for the past five years and called it a day.

*Excepting KHI staff who I'm sure have been subjected to things they probably didn't want to see or hear about in order to safeguard the conversations surrounding it. I feel for y'all.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’m actually genuinely concerned about Aqua. He said the part of the game he didn’t like was San Fransokyo and the events right after. That would be Sora saving Aqua and waking Ven. Remember the shot in the TGS trailer where Vanitas is standing over Aqua’s body as Ventus glows? This is likely when that will occur and I’m worried that they might fridge Aqua right after taking her out of said fridge. The scene mirrors the one from BBS, so the twist may be that Ven doesn’t make it to save her in time. Even if it gets reversed later, this would be a pretty bad twist, but I can see it lining up with the stuff the leakers have said.

wolfshadow0118

I'm not saying people should drop everything regarding kh3's spoilers, but it maybe beneficial for the kh community to not worry about the leaks anymore. It's causing rifts atleast within khI's community, and considering this one thread is 112 pages long, maybe we should close this one down? We already have the thread containing only a leak list and there's nothing new the leakers have said in a good while, so to prevent any more "drama" regarding pessimism and illegal reviews (referring to the reviews made by the leakers)it would be good for everyone to take a step back and not focus on what has been said or shown?

All in all, just trying to think what's best for our community.

Edit: maybe talk regarding the leaks from the get go, when the guy was selling the kh3 copies, should have been alot stricter where if you wanted to find or discuss leaks you went somewhere else other than Khinsider.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
For me it's kinda weird. I get what you're saying and I do respect your own opinion on the game (trust me, I like having people to talk to about this). I guess it's hard to explain how I think of KH as a series.

It's always been really special to me, but not really because I was expecting a big payoff for the "end". It is more for me like a "journey that keeps going" sort of thing. I'm more of a junkie for all the crazy twists and such, so I guess I was more open to games like Days and CoM much more than KH2 itself.

You know, I thought about it for a bit. Would it have been better in the long run if KH2 didn't have the "2" in the title but instead was subtitled like the rest? I think people would've been a bit less separative against the so-called "side games", and KH"3" would've just been viewed as the next one the entire time. Definitely wouldn't have been hyped up in any way until after DDD. As DDD would've been the next one with events taking place after KH"2". What would the subtitle have been though? Lol just food for thought.

Again, I think you're pretty cool and stuff. I guess I just gave up on the idea of quality in anything, since it seems people IRL no longer view it as a thing in the general public sense as much anymore. So at this point for me mediocrity is just the way things are. Apologies if I've ever sounded a bit angry or anything.

Hirokey123

Awards
Honestly I don't even see what there is to get stressed over.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Whatever the case I plan to play KH3 to enjoy as much of it as I can, and if there is stuff I don't like meh I guess I just deal and focus on what I do like, easier to do that then spend the next month worrying about this stuff. The fear and pre-emptive disappointment is just going to sour your experience before you even get to touch the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Edit: maybe talk regarding the leaks from the get go, when the guy was selling the kh3 copies, should have been alot stricter where if you wanted to find or discuss leaks you went somewhere else other than Khinsider.
While we would have loved this, past experiences have taught us that people get unreasonably angry at us if we try and squash discussion about leaked or spoiler discussion. Trying to have everything stay in one thread that people could avoid seemed like the best alternative, otherwise we would have had to delete a bunch of threads, probably outside of the spoiler section, and people would have been pissed

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Honestly I don't even see what there is to get stressed over.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Whatever the case I plan to play KH3 to enjoy as much of it as I can, and if there is stuff I don't like meh I guess I just deal and focus on what I do like, easier to do that then spend the next month worrying about this stuff. The fear and pre-emptive disappointment is just going to sour your experience before you even get to touch the game.

You actually hit the nail on the head with this one.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

notnow123487

Awards
Just rewatched the opening and final battle trailers. Hype restored for me. It’s just too good. Games going to be great. These guys can really sway the narrative, but watch the actual content. It’s hype. Everything they’ve ever actually posted of the game is hype. The only things getting us down are their words. They didn’t spend six years making the game to let two completely worthless guys bring it down.

I’ll admit, they had us in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back