• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorawild

Well at least they beat it before they get potentially arrested and charged. Wonder what they thought of the ending?

He cant be charged with anything since he wasn't the one who stole the copies. Buying a stolen product is still only the fault of the person who stole the actual copy from the shipping company. At most all they could do is fine him $400 at most.

Hirokey123

Awards
They said the ending started out really bad, but then it redeems itself.
One has to wonder what that could mean....like bad is a really vague descriptor. Bad in the sense it got really convoluted? Bad in the sense that it seemed like all your hard work up that point was being invalidated by losing everyone you saved? Bad in the sense that not much was happening? It might also only be bad to them because of personal feelings towards certain characters. Like the list goes on but it's hard to draw any conclusions from that right now

Awards
They said the ending started out really bad, but then it redeems itself.
Actually he didn't say that it started out bad. He said it started to get bad only for it to redeem itself.

Probably meaning something was beginning to not go well to him only for it to get back on his good side.

I was actually expecting a divisive ending anyway. I mean, ya can't satisfy everyone.

Plus I remembered the days of DDD where people were split between liking how Sora wasn't a Master and how people hated it.

Last edited:

Senzura

Banned
Dude you think this is bad? Try getting into other shit like Drakengard or Shin Megami Tensei. With SMT you not only have mainline SMT plus the branching timlines that lead to Persona and Devil Summoner and etc, you also have anime, books and spin-off and just like KH EVERYTHING IS CANON. With Drakengard you not only have Drakengard 1-3 as well as NieR and NieR: Automata, you also have novels, Stage Plays, and even a novella.

Japan loves this type of fractured story telling. If you dont like it, then you just dont like it mate.

You are reaching HARD. Trying to compare the "canon" of Yoko Taro or SMT to the actual storyline of KH is ridiculous.

Darvandark

Yeah, by watching youtube videos covering three different games, one of which you can't actually play.

Some "video game" series

Wait, are you talking about the .5 movies? Seriously? Those games are still accessible, and while I personally don't like the decision of making Days one of the movies (Xion doesn't have nearly the same impact in cutscene form) it still works. Even 3D has a solid amount of story, with sprinklings of it in each level even in the beginning. Whereas 2 didn't see much story in each world until the halfway point whereas most of the 1st half is Disney with a hint of the overall story. Just from what story trailers we've gotten so far I wouldn't call this a "glorified movie". It appears each level is going to have something major to do with the overall plot, and gameplay looks to be a blast. Especially since the leaker has posted their gameplay vids. (Which I am much more excited for now that they've figured out their controller sucks)

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Wait, are you talking about the .5 movies? Seriously? Those games are still accessible, and while I personally don't like the decision of making Days one of the movies (Xion doesn't have nearly the same impact in cutscene form) it still works. Even 3D has a solid amount of story, with sprinklings of it in each level even in the beginning. Whereas 2 didn't see much story in each world until the halfway point whereas most of the 1st half is Disney with a hint of the overall story. Just from what story trailers we've gotten so far I wouldn't call this a "glorified movie". It appears each level is going to have something major to do with the overall plot, and gameplay looks to be a blast. Especially since the leaker has posted their gameplay vids. (Which I am much more excited for now that they've figured out their controller sucks)

He's talking about watching cutscenes for the keyblade war games. The "one you can't play" is The original X that closed it's doors. That game is recapped in unchained X anyways, but that's what he means. It's not recapped particularly well in some cases anyways, so he has a point there.

Leaferian

Awards
He said something else about the way it ended. Apparently the "bad" part he was talking about was that they tied in something that "upset him" from the mobile game. He's both "upset and satisfied".

Awards
I'm gonna say what a dude on Resetera said.

Getting a leaker who refuses to show spoilers and wants to answer people's questions yet is very bad at the game and can't stop being vague is some monkey's paw stuff.

He said something else about the way it ended. Apparently the "bad" part he was talking about was that they tied in something that "upset him" from the mobile game. He's both "upset and satisfied".
So what upset him was that something from X got in?

Oh now I get it. Something from X that upset him got into the ending and that upset him

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Oof. Honestly, that last tweet about Roxas hit me pretty hard for some reason. But I kinda expected it (despite the build up); that said I don't expect to ever play as him properly again (that includes for future titles). At this point though, my primary concern is for the ending to not overly suffer from main character syndrome/excessive amounts of "Sora saves the day and everyone else is sidelined after one fight". No matter how much I love this series, I don't think I'll be coming back if that happens. All in all, my hype has finally subsided a bit, so I can go into this game with a more objective mind. Which is a positive I think.

notnow123487

Awards
So this idiot is going back on his hard no spoiler stance and is clearly making comments that are spoilers. Screw this idiot.

Darvandark

He's talking about watching cutscenes for the keyblade war games. The "one you can't play" is The original X that closed it's doors. That game is recapped in unchained X anyways, but that's what he means. It's not recapped particularly well in some cases anyways, so he has a point there.

Those are all technically one game though? Unchained is just the post Keyblade War thing with info about the war getting parsed in since your character is "remembering" what happened.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So this idiot is going back on his hard no spoiler stance and is clearly making comments that are spoilers. Screw this idiot.
Yeah, I'm not impressed with their flip flop stance. They've really pushed it with a lot of what they've revealed but after some clarification it seems to not be as bad as first thought, but to be speaking like this about the ending is just... urg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back