• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MAJOR OOF:

Q. 1. You can use LT on Xbox (& L2 on PS4) to filter through the situation commands and get to the one you want. You don't have to keep spamming them all.
2. What do you mean? In the control scheme the left trigger should filter them. It's its only purpose. Is it not doing anything?
3. Hmmmm interesting. I've played the demo like 4 times and that's how you do it on the demo (LT/L2) I wonder why they'd remove that... thank you for all the videos I really appreciate it!!!

A.
1.You can’t actually that’s what we were trying to figure out. It legit makes you pick either new to old or old to new, or else you have to make them run out
2. Legit me and my brother were figuring it out and you can’t. It is config where it makes your situation commands go from new to old or old to new. Tried every button in the book it doesn’t work
3. My brother played the demo and that’s what we thought too

Honestly, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Are they just sure they aren’t just...dumb (not an insult btw I call myself dumb every hour) or something? It very clearly does this in the demo, and I can’t imagine this being a feature they’d remove when it was literally the only reason to use the left trigger buttons.

maximumlight8

Awards
They said they have tried every possible combination that could be used while switching it.

the leaker's brother said this when asked about the feel of the game:

So, based on last night, I would say it's a massive improvement that has faults. It feels like slamming the attack button is going to get you killed more often. Staggering enemies are easy to deal with with a simple change of tactics. Floatiness is less of a concern since you have a lot more movement options. But there are still some small annoyances, situation commands being the heaviest of all. Not being able to control that makes sense on some level but gods do I wish we could not do attractions. They feel excessively cheap and take away from the overall experience of combat. BUT they do require donald and goofy so they won't be in major fights.

Last edited:

sorawild

I mean, these leakers have put out some contradictory information before. They stated that "Plenty of enemies dont stagger" in one of the threads despite the case being the complete antithesis of what they said in every gameplay video shown, even the ones by them.

Perkilator

Awards
I mean, these leakers have put out some contradictory information before. They stated that "Plenty of enemies dont stagger" in one of the threads despite the case being the complete antithesis of what they said in every gameplay video shown, even the ones by them.
Yeah, which gives me even less reason to believe that
[FONT=&quot]
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show
[/FONT]

Fatal Mode

Are they just sure they aren’t just...dumb (not an insult btw I call myself dumb every hour) or something? It very clearly does this in the demo, and I can’t imagine this being a feature they’d remove when it was literally the only reason to use the left trigger buttons.

Could it possibly be an ability we get through leveling or boss bonus?

LucasDraleau

About Twilight Town's Size
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Senzura

Banned
I know everyone is talking about twilight town's forest being bigger or whatever, but it really doesn't take effort to make an empty area "bigger".

Looking at Toy Story, it just seems they carried over the design philosophy from DDD of making the world justr a big empty space but adding in some buildings you can jump around on to jump around on to give the illusion of variety and size.

Does anyone remember the forest from wonderland in KH1? How much time did you spend jumping around, trying to orient yourself, looking around other areas to find other entrances? Hell, this extended to most of the worlds. Now, you just run around on walls form one empty area to the next, watch a xehanort cutscene, then go back and just slash enemies in the empty box. At least the combos have more particle effects.

Nomura should have just made the whole game a movie like back cover, we all know thats all this is anymore.

Last edited:

sorawild

I know everyone is talking about twilight town's forest being bigger or whatever, but it really doesn't take effort to make an empty area "bigger".

Looking at Toy Story, it just seems they carried over the design philosophy from DDD of making the world justr a big empty space but adding in some buildings you can jump around on to jump around on to give the illusion of variety and size.

Does anyone remember the forest from wonderland in KH1? How much time did you spend jumping around, trying to orient yourself, looking around other areas to find other entrances? Hell, this extended to most of the worlds. Now, you just run around on walls form one empty area to the next, watch a xehanort cutscene, then go back and just slash enemies in the empty box. At least the combos have more particle effects.

Nomura should have just made the whole game a movie like back cover, we all know thats all this is anymore.

On replaying KH1 I found that I actually hated the design of most of the worlds in it. It might be due to how clunky and downright bad the movement felt in KH1, but I seriously hated the vast amount of poorly done jumping puzzles. Just because the lay-out of a world is much more confusing doesn't mean it's at all better.

Seighart

Awards
The scale of TT is weird. I feel like Sora is too big compared to the buildings. Takes like 2 seconds to get to the roofs.

Honestly, KH3 looks like the KH1 of this generation. Like a soft reboot in terms of gameplay. I can only really see things getting better post KH3.

But seriously though...where's this artbook?

Awards
The fact that you could pop the balloons in Galaxy Toys and trigger a fun little interaction between the characters talking in high-pitched voices is already more exploration than anything you could do in KH2.

just because there aren’t needlessly complex multi-layered zones in Worlds like KH1’s Monstro or Wonderland, doesn’t mean the exploration factor isn’t there like it was in KH1. Its just more streamlined. It’s the best of both worlds honestly!

notnow123487

Awards
The guy just said that he hasn’t seen or been to
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Not looking good. But you would think there would at least be cutscenes of it?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards

I mean based on what I've seen

Spoiler Spoiler Show

notnow123487

Awards
I mean if he hasn't even seen it that might mean he hasn't seen the scene with Ienzo yet.

If the scenes with Ienzo are just in the room, he might not classify that as Radiant Garden.

He just confirmed you can still scroll through situation commands. Their controller wasn’t working lol.

notnow123487

Awards
He also showed the world map in his new Gummi Ship video. I feel like he wouldn’t have done that if there were any worlds he was trying to hide. He’s got pretty much all of the Disney worlds unlocked, barring maybe San Fransokyo. I think this confirms there aren’t any more Disney worlds. It would be quite the coincidence for an unrevealed Disney world to be the very end of the game.

UltimaXOmega

He's at 26 hours and at the second to last Disney world. B-but the worlds are supposed to be massive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back