• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is staying open for all pre-release spoiler discussion.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t agree with having one thread for all spoilers. A thread should be made for different events. But I agree yea this should stay open.
I understand the worries, but it keeps everything contained and that’s ultimately what we need. We don’t want to have to moderate a bunch of different threads or people thinking it’s okay to have spoilers outside of the spoiler section, which is what was going on last week.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I think so, too. Especially the part about
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Perkilator

Awards
[/COLOR]>Aqua visiter by fake Ansem in the RoD

Yea, sounds fake, knowing 4chan. Pretty sure that was Corey Burton I heard in Blank Points.[COLOR=#333333]

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Lol what? Cloud is the only visible FF cameo? And the rest are just limited to gummi missions?

yeah I'm calling BS on this so called 4chan leak

notnow123487

Awards
You guys need to be careful on what you call bs from 4chan leaks. Same thing happened with XV and it was real. What does it say about worlds?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You guys need to be careful on what you call bs from 4chan leaks. Same thing happened with XV and it was real. What does it say about worlds?
No new Disney worlds. Though according to 4chan we visit them a second time, with the exception of 100 Acre woods

kingsoraful

Awards
That contradicts Nomura outright saying that we only visit Disney Worlds 1 time. Any chance anyone has asked about the length of the game?

Although it could be similar to the sequence in EOW in KH where you revisit the worlds technically once only to unlock the path to the final battle.

I have zero interest in reading plot spoilers.

notnow123487

Awards
That contradicts Nomura outright saying that we only visit Disney Worlds 1 time. Any chance anyone has asked about the length of the game?

Although it could be similar to the sequence in EOW in KH where you revisit the worlds technically once only to unlock the path to the final battle.

I have zero interest in reading plot spoilers.

He said that years ago though. Doesn’t mean that’s still the case.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Let's make sure that we cite sources when we make sweeping claims like that. I hate to be "that guy", but it's important to give evidence for your point when it's a quote that obscure, ya know?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Let's make sure that we cite sources when we make sweeping claims like that. I hate to be "that guy", but it's important to give evidence for your point when it's a quote that obscure, ya know?

Yeah, the Nomura quote apparently was just "KH 3 follows a different format" nothing at all straight up saying "No second visits".

notnow123487

Awards

He did say something along those lines. The quote was brought up this week when we were discussing world sizes. If I remember correctly, he was saying how in KH2 you visited more worlds twice and that he liked that format, but KH3 would be less much larger worlds. I don’t remember if he explicitly said we would only visit worlds once though or if it was only implied. Regardless, the quote was before 0.2 came out so you really can’t use it as a matter of fact.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So we visit Destiny Islands multiple times in cutscenes aside from the cutscene of Sora finding Master Keeper? I'm hoping it has something to do with clues centered around Xehanort since it is his homeworld after all

I'm still hesitant to believe these leaks, but after some thought I admit that these are far more plausible then the previous 4chan rumor.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
So we visit Destiny Islands multiple times in cutscenes aside from the cutscene of Sora finding Master Keeper? I'm hoping it has something to do with clues centered around Xehanort since it is his homeworld after all

I'm still hesitant to believe these leaks, but after some thought I admit that these are far more plausible then the previous 4chan rumor.

Yeah, definitely. It's always impossible to tell because some people are really good at sounding like a developer/author for the sake of attention.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Because larger and longer doesn't mean it will be a better product overall.
I just wanted to say: yes. I've felt this way since development of the worlds started being showcased with an emphasis on how "big" and "open" the worlds are. Granted, I crave exploration, and I don't like how KH2's worlds feel so small and railed in, but I also don't like the idea of Disney worlds that go on, and on, and on, especially if the narrative contained within them isn't substantial enough to carry the sheer scope of each world. I don't want to go through hour long stretches in which nothing story-centric happens just because Nomura and the team decided one room needs to constitute an endless maze of side content and the same redundant task of searching out hidden treasure chests which are hard to find not because of their selective placement or the skills required to access them, but because they're tucked in one lonely corner of a gigantic world that takes forever and a day to traverse. Also not a fan of packing in filler bosses just because; if the only way to justify the hugeness of the level structure is to punctuate it with forced boss fights that don't advance the plot, then that "open world" approach has become a liability.

Again, that's not to say any of this will be the case, and the worlds might be wildly entertaining and engrossing and immersive. But the "size for the sake of size" argument has never really won me over, and all things told I'd rather get a lot of worlds nearer in scope to those of KH1-- ideally with the same attention to balancing the RPG and narrative elements-- than a few really big worlds that tend to overstay their welcome. DDD also had pretty big worlds compared to previous games, or at least larger areas, and the majority of them are slogs to get through because the plot sucks and/or they fail to incentivize exploration due to a lack of variety in how they're traversed.

this /v/ leak sound super legit
Wow, if it's not true there are at least a couple of insights which make it sound really convincing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

All in all, I'd say this sounds like peak Nomura in that it all rests on positioning its characters not on the basis of their established qualities, intrinsic motivations, emotionality, etc., but on their perceived utility relative to the next deus ex machina around which he's determined to jerry-rig the story's key features. If the bit with the 13 Goatblades plays out as indicated here I might just laugh through the rest of the game.

robotman

this /v/ leak sound super legit

/v/ - Kingdom Hearts 3 prerelease leak - Video Games - 4chan

Spoiler Spoiler Show

etc..etc

Okay, this sounds a lot more believable... The only thing preventing me from getting fully on board are a couple of things, he's not answering questions that should be very easy to answer if you have the game. He won't elaborate on Keyblade transformations or the ones we haven't seen, he won't tell us all the magic we can use, etc... Those should be easy things to answer if you supposedly have the game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Lol, this 4chan leak is fake. Why would Olympus be the only Disney world to get a second visit? Also, they never mention the fate of Dilan/Xaldin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back